Windows 10: Win 10 and Win 7 laptops suddenly cannot see home WiFi, but can see others Part 2

Discus and support Win 10 and Win 7 laptops suddenly cannot see home WiFi, but can see others Part 2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings everyone I came across this problem Jan/Feb 2020. I searched the forum and found that somebody posted this problem back in 2017. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tony Lima Saude, May 7, 2020.

1. Win 10 and Win 7 laptops suddenly cannot see home WiFi, but can see others Part 2

Greetings everyone

I came across this problem Jan/Feb 2020. I searched the forum and found that somebody posted this problem back in 2017. The solution to that question wasn't clear, at least to solve my problem. What I subsequently found and the way I sorted the problem is that the router must operate in 2,4Ghz channel in order that the Win 7 and Win 10 machines see the wifi network. My home network has 1 Linux PC, my Android cellphone, my wife's Apple, my Hisense TV and Google Home. All those devices see the 5Ghz Wifi network, but not my Windows 7 and Windows 10 laptops. Since I set up the router to work on 5Ghz only the 2,4Ghz was disabled I lost the 2 Windows machines. I changed the router to work in 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz channels and my problem is gone. The router's DEVICE MANAGER shows all devices working using the 5Ghz channels, except the 2 Windows laptops that are both operating in 2,4Ghz.

Hope this helps.

Regards to all.

:)

Tony Lima Saude, May 7, 2020

2. No WiFi availablities after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 on my HP laptop

After upgrading my HP laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the WiFi manager no longer lists available broadband connections which was previously working before since I was able to access the Win10 upgrade via the broadband connection. The Hot Spot is working
    fine and is listed correctly using my other Win 10 and UBUNTU based Toshiba laptops. Nothing I try will cause the available WiFi's to list as it did previously before upgrading to Win 10. I have tried everything, but the WiFi manager does not recognize any
    WiFi connections available. The HP laptop is properly showing the WiFi light turning to the blue color from orange as normal but it sees no available connections.

jamesmrivers, May 7, 2020
  3. mbc320 Win User
    Cannot connect from a Networked Win 7 PC to a Win 10 Laptop

I have 2 networked Laptops, one is a Win 10, one a Win 7, and a networked Win 7 PC.

I am unable to connect from Win 7 Desktop to a Windows 10 Laptop but I can go the other way.

Win 7 Laptop to Win 10 Laptop is OK.

Win 10 Laptop to Win 7 Laptop is OK.

Win 10 Laptop to Win 7 Desktop is OK.

Win 7 Desktop to Win 10 Laptop is NO GO.

I do not know whether it is a Win 10 Laptop or a Win 7 Desktop problem. All use the same Homegroup. I am the only user; there are no other accounts on any of the machines.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

mbc320, May 7, 2020
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 10 and Win 7 laptops suddenly cannot see home WiFi, but can see others Part 2

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 and Win 7 laptops suddenly cannot see home WiFi, but can see others Part 2

1. Win 10 and Win 7 laptops suddenly cannot see home WiFi, but can see others Part 2 - Similar Threads - laptops suddenly cannot

2. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  3. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  4. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area

Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area: Yesterday I could see my home WiFi network on my laptop and today I can't. All other devices in the house are still connected to and can see and connect to it but my laptop can't even see it. On my laptop I can see other WiFi networks in the area but not my own. I've rebooted...
  6. Cannot see home network but can see other networks

Cannot see home network but can see other networks: My WiFi network is no longer showing up on my Windows 10 PC. I have checked to make sure all discovery is on and I can see other networks but not my Home Network. I have 20 other device connected so I know it is not the router and I have another Windows 10 machine connected....
  7. Win 10 not seeing other pc in wifi network

Win 10 not seeing other pc in wifi network: My network was working fine, then after a Win10 update on the other PC I can no longer see it. I have set the services Function Discovery (Both) to Automatic delay start on both pcs, rebooted both but still no luck. Any other options? via the registry edit maybe? 142479
  8. Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please...

Cannot see my SSIDs, but can see neighbor's. Other Win 10 machines can see my SSIDs. Please...: Please help! On my Win 10 PC I can't see any of my WiFi SSIDs! The 3 SSIDs on my new WiFi router all work great with my other dozens of home devices including 3 other Win 10 laptops and a Win 10 desktop ( and lots of MacOS and Linux devices). But my gaming machine, a Lenovo...
  9. my win 7 laptop not seeing my wifi card will win 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my win 7 laptop not seeing my wifi card will win 10?: I am about to clean install win 10 on my Toshiba satellite laptop and I was wondering if the new OS will see my wireless adapter card that just recently my win 7 machine does not. Assuming the card is not kaput does anyone think it will ? Thank you 13967
  10. 2 win 10 pro laptops cannot see win 10 home desktop on wireless LAN

2 win 10 pro laptops cannot see win 10 home desktop on wireless LAN: Have set up wireless LAN at home with 1 xp laptop, 2 win 10 Pro laptops and 1 win 10 home desktop. xp laptop not visible to win 10 computers, win 10 home not visible to 2 laptop Pros. None of the win 10's are allowed to set up homegroup. Desktop is file server for LAN. Would...