Windows 10: Win 10 Anniversary 1607 update - Infinite Reboot Loop - HELP!!!

Discus and support Win 10 Anniversary 1607 update - Infinite Reboot Loop - HELP!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, the update didn't go well for me *cry The download and the installation completed smoothly (used Win 10 update tool in Settings). However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Animuz, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Animuz Win User

Win 10 Anniversary 1607 update - Infinite Reboot Loop - HELP!!!

Hi Guys, the update didn't go well for me *cry

The download and the installation completed smoothly (used Win 10 update tool in Settings). However shortly after it finished installing>reboot>login screen it goes into BSOD screen with an error (I could not remember what the error message was but I recall there was an Image Scan code).

Then after the BSOD screen my Laptop rebooted and goes into an infinite reboot loop.

I need help please

Thank you!

:)

Animuz, Aug 3, 2016
  2. 2wicked Win User

How to prevent update 1607 (anniversary update) from installing

I manually installed the Anniversary Update (1607) in the past and it resulted into being stuck in a reboot loop. See: https://answers.microsoft.com.... It
    is probably SSD related, because most people who have this problem also mention they have a SSD.

Now this update was installed as a scheduled update and the same thing happened. Again stuck in the same reboot loop.

So again I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO on another PC, used an utility to put it on an USB drive, booted from it and used the repair option to go back to the previous version of Windows. I could start my PC again afterwards. So far so good.

But now I see my system is again scheduled for a reboot for this update. Knowing what will happen when it does that, I want to prevent this from happening. How can I do that?

2wicked, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Mr V Win User
    Mr V, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Animuz Win User

Bump - as this is killing me

Animuz, Aug 3, 2016
  5. IvanD Win User
    There was a problem with AVAST Antivirus and the Intel Skylake causing such a behavior, I believe it's now fixed by Avast. Did you had or try to install Avast?

IvanD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Anniversary 1607 update - Infinite Reboot Loop - HELP!!! - Similar Threads - Anniversary 1607 update

2. Stuck on infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on infinite reboot loop: Please help, My pc is stuck on an infinite reboot loop every time I open the pc it gets into a crash and restart loop. The weird thing is that everytime when automatic repair appears it’s followed by “please wait while we install a system update” for a brief second then it...
  3. Stuck on infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on infinite reboot loop: Please help, My pc is stuck on an infinite reboot loop every time I open the pc it gets into a crash and restart loop. The weird thing is that everytime when automatic repair appears it’s followed by “please wait while we install a system update” for a brief second then it...
  4. Stuck on infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows infinite reboot loop: Hey all, I have an issue with a PC I am working on where it is almost stuck in an infinite loop. PC was factory reset and now it has a windows update that starts at 65% then will get up to about 90% and then restart on what seems to be an infinite loop. Anyone know a...
  6. cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607): my laptop has been trying for many times for the anniversary update of win 10, but i always stuck at the 30%, and the laptop just crush there and remain 30% for all time. I have tried to reset the computer but still fail. What can I do??? 80279
  7. Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update: Hello *Smile I just installed Windows 10 AU and now my loved Font is messed up. But only some letters. Anyone knows why and how to get all letters back? That Problem is system-wide. How to fix? Screenshot: Before: [img] After Win10 Update: [img] You can...
  8. Infinite Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Reboot Loop: Had Windows 7 installed, upgraded to Windows 10. Worked well & following a Microsoft update it went into an infinite reboot loop. Tried to re-install 10 but no joy so wiped & tried Windows 7. I still have the infinite reboot loop. When I do a clean install it goes...
  9. Solved - Win 10 Anniversary Update 1607 - The Worst Ever?

in Windows 10 Support
    Solved - Win 10 Anniversary Update 1607 - The Worst Ever?: This one has to be the worst of them all. It has taken us back to '90s era when we had to do such stupid things such as take out USBs while installation, install drivers and do backups and all that stuff. Few days back i decided to install the Annversary Update ie. 1607...
  10. Windows 10 Infinite reboot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Infinite reboot loop: Hello experts. So heres the thing i have a Dell laptop with win 10. When i switch on my laptop it shows the dell logo with bios setup F12 n all. Then comes the windows logo n thats where the problem occurs. The loading circle cirulates for couple of minutes n then comes at...