Windows 10: Win 10 annoyance.

Discus and support Win 10 annoyance. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My OS: MS Windows 10 ver. 1909 ----------------------------------------------- One of the most annoying things (there are many, too numerous to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PieLam, Mar 2, 2021.

1. PieLam Win User

Win 10 annoyance.

My OS: MS Windows 10 ver. 1909
    -----------------------------------------------

One of the most annoying things (there are many, too numerous to count... LOL) about W10 occurs only occasionally, but often enough to be extremely annoying & disturbing to me. It happened again, yesterday...

OK, I should explain this. Here goes...

When I am done for the day, I usually end my day by turning OFF my PC. I usually power up the next morning. My preferred method is to put my PC to 'sleep' VS a full 'shutdown'. I prefer this method for many reasons. It's way faster (both power-off & power-on), the next day I am at the desktop as soon as the power-up completes (no logging in needed), no POST, etc.

I like this method very much. I know I can't use it all the time. I would think a weekly login would suffice, though.

Anyway, the sleep mode has this annoying habit of powering up my PC after I've powered off my PC for the day. Sometimes I become aware of this, sometimes not. I'm pretty sure there's some idiot SW causing this, but I have no idea of what, if anything, I can do about it.

I know If I use the full shut down method, the self wake ups don't happen. The full shut down is the only method where I know my PC won't "wake-up" on its own.

What can I do about this? Anything? Am I just doomed to live with it?

:)

PieLam, Mar 2, 2021
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

NGeo, Mar 2, 2021
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Win 10 annoyance.

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 annoyance.

1. Win 10 annoyance. - Similar Threads - annoyance

2. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  3. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  4. How do i get this annoying notification off my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get this annoying notification off my screen.: I've been using this laptop for almost 5 years and today i turn on my laptop and i start to type up some things and i press caps lock and to my demise i find this cursed caps lock notification. I've tried 3 solutions that ive watched on youtube and to my misfortune NONE OF...
  5. How do i get this annoying notification off my screen.

How do i get this annoying notification off my screen.: I've been using this laptop for almost 5 years and today i turn on my laptop and i start to type up some things and i press caps lock and to my demise i find this cursed caps lock notification. I've tried 3 solutions that ive watched on youtube and to my misfortune NONE OF...
  6. How do i get this annoying notification off my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts: Hate itHate itHate it Hate itGet it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/absolutely-hate-copilot-get-rid-of-it-how-annoying/6117a87f-eafb-481d-a58e-2cb5f8808187
  8. Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts

Absolutely HATE COPILOT. GET RID OF IT!!! How annoying and constantly interrupts: Hate itHate itHate it Hate itGet it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/absolutely-hate-copilot-get-rid-of-it-how-annoying/6117a87f-eafb-481d-a58e-2cb5f8808187
  9. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  10. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...