Windows 10: Win 10 annoyance.

Discus and support Win 10 annoyance. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My OS: MS Windows 10 ver. 1909 ----------------------------------------------- One of the most annoying things (there are many, too numerous to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PieLam, Mar 2, 2021.

1. PieLam Win User

Win 10 annoyance.

My OS: MS Windows 10 ver. 1909
    -----------------------------------------------

One of the most annoying things (there are many, too numerous to count... LOL) about W10 occurs only occasionally, but often enough to be extremely annoying & disturbing to me. It happened again, yesterday...

OK, I should explain this. Here goes...

When I am done for the day, I usually end my day by turning OFF my PC. I usually power up the next morning. My preferred method is to put my PC to 'sleep' VS a full 'shutdown'. I prefer this method for many reasons. It's way faster (both power-off & power-on), the next day I am at the desktop as soon as the power-up completes (no logging in needed), no POST, etc.

I like this method very much. I know I can't use it all the time. I would think a weekly login would suffice, though.

Anyway, the sleep mode has this annoying habit of powering up my PC after I've powered off my PC for the day. Sometimes I become aware of this, sometimes not. I'm pretty sure there's some idiot SW causing this, but I have no idea of what, if anything, I can do about it.

I know If I use the full shut down method, the self wake ups don't happen. The full shut down is the only method where I know my PC won't "wake-up" on its own.

What can I do about this? Anything? Am I just doomed to live with it?

:)

PieLam, Mar 2, 2021
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

NGeo, Mar 2, 2021
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Win 10 annoyance.

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 annoyance.

1. Win 10 annoyance. - Similar Threads - annoyance

2. How Do I Hide the Volume Popup in Groove Music? Annoying Af !!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Hide the Volume Popup in Groove Music? Annoying Af !!!: How do I hide the annoying volume popup when I play the app, Groove Music? [img] 177824
  3. How to get rid of this thing very annoying...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of this thing very annoying...: [ATTACH]Please help!! I do not want this icon <<<< here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-thing-very-annoying/f724e6fb-f676-4d81-b971-db237d193017
  4. Annoying "Finalize the string" when using Vietnamese input method

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying "Finalize the string" when using Vietnamese input method: I'm using Windows 10 Home and when I switch to Vietnamese Telex input method, annoying "Finalize the string" pop-up appears. How to disable it? I searched on the internet and there's no solution at this time! [ATTACH]...
  5. Annoying Popup possibly Bing??

Annoying Popup possibly Bing??: Hi, Hope someone can identify how I've accidentally turned this monster on, and also tell me how to disable it. The black "thing" pops up incessantly. It appeared after I cleaned the keyboard while the system was asleep, and the mouse has even got very twitchy! Even a...
  6. Annoying ISO files

Annoying ISO files: Hello Community. I run a YouTube channel named Windows Whistler I am trying to make my first video right now, and I'm trying to do a tutorial of how to Download Windows 8.1. I am on a laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X250. I went to Microsoft's Media Creation tool for Windows 8.1, and...
  7. How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?: [ATTACH] The label on the icon is: "Security mode is off." I disabled Defender startup icons but this one still persists. Any ideas? https://preview.redd.it/urnd2q9f60t61.png?width=224&format=png&auto=webp&s=ba5ec75908fa84893a176f88b112aa9b383bc23a submitted by...
  8. It's annoying to accidentally enable the directions keys to move the cursor but I don't...

It's annoying to accidentally enable the directions keys to move the cursor but I don't...: What to do? submitted by /u/FlutterThread8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopzdp/its_annoying_to_accidentally_enable_the/
  9. Annoying glitch Class Not Registered

Annoying glitch Class Not Registered: Hi. Everytime I "cold start" my PC the task bar buttons won't work. When I press them a million times, "Class not Registered" appears. When I restart the computer, everything works just fine. Full Defender scan ok, up-to-date drivers, SFC scan no corrupt files. submitted by...
  10. Game bar is ANNOYING

Game bar is ANNOYING: Okay so I have been having this problem where I cant figure out how to open game bar nor clip the last 30 seconds or so. Please tell me if you have a solution. submitted by /u/RealityOnCrack [link] [comments]...