Windows 10: Win 10, any way to make File Explorer only list drives? I.e. remove those custom folders.

Discus and support Win 10, any way to make File Explorer only list drives? I.e. remove those custom folders. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was hoping to remove the custom folders in Explorer. Actually I'd like to get rid of Quick Access, 3D Objects, Desktop, Documents, Music, Pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Augmenti-DeMontia, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Win 10, any way to make File Explorer only list drives? I.e. remove those custom folders.

I was hoping to remove the custom folders in Explorer. Actually I'd like to get rid of Quick Access, 3D Objects, Desktop, Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos.

I mean, just them displaying in Explorer at the start. I don't intend to delete them on their actual folder path Users/Administrator/3D Objects .

Thanks

submitted by /u/Augmenti-DeMontia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Augmenti-DeMontia, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2020
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Win 10, any way to make File Explorer only list drives? I.e. remove those custom folders.

On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list?

Win 10, any way to make File Explorer only list drives? I.e. remove those custom folders. [​IMG]

How do I remove the hard drive "storage" line in this list on file explorer? It is not a quick access. I right click on it and it there's no option to remove it from the list.

goldentree78, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Win 10, any way to make File Explorer only list drives? I.e. remove those custom folders.

1. Win 10, any way to make File Explorer only list drives? I.e. remove those custom folders. - Similar Threads - File Explorer list

2. Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see?: Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-customize-file-explorer-to-show/a7ae9256-5320-48d1-bdfb-96d4ab029458
  3. Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see?: Is there a way to customize File Explorer to show only the folders you want to see? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-customize-file-explorer-to-show/a7ae9256-5320-48d1-bdfb-96d4ab029458
  4. how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer: how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-remove-those-2-duplicate-folders-in-the/747ce00a-f104-456c-9426-3bdafc8fbb7a
  5. how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer: how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-remove-those-2-duplicate-folders-in-the/747ce00a-f104-456c-9426-3bdafc8fbb7a
  6. File explorer - any way to make more readable

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer - any way to make more readable: Hi folks Is there any way to make file explorer more readable with better fonts etc -- just compare Windows XP and current W10 virtual machines -- IMO the XP one is a zillion times more readable etc. [img] Cheers jimbo 173857
  7. Is there any way to remove those keyboard layouts, that i didn't set

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to remove those keyboard layouts, that i didn't set: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bottomtextboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iglvgj/is_there_any_way_to_remove_those_keyboard_layouts/
  8. How can i make File Explorer list shortcuts to folders with the folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i make File Explorer list shortcuts to folders with the folders?: I need to move some folders to the SD chip and leave a shortcut in the original folder on the SSD. That much is easy to do. Unfortunately, when using "Sort by Name", File Explorer lists the shortcuts with the files, not with the folders. I don't want to use "Group by Name"...
  9. Any way to make/add custom tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to make/add custom tiles?: Is there anyway to make tiles for Win10? Pinning apps to the start menu looks horrible.. 10525
  10. Make list of files in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Make list of files in a folder: Hello,I have several hundreds video clips (mp4), arranged in several folders.Wanted to make a list of them, not to print, just a list in the computer.On some site I found this: To write in the address line of the browser the full path to thatfolder and Enter, the list was...