Windows 10: Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle

Discus and support Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I went thru several questions before here. Here's the last glitch- Home laptop, I set up no PIN#, no password for anyone to have to use. Set up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nancyoliver1, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle

I went thru several questions before here. Here's the last glitch- Home laptop, I set up no PIN#, no password for anyone to have to use. Set up security and power settings, etc. It STILL keeps asking for a password after it sits a couple of hours. It starts up just fine, but only after not using a while, the screen is locked, have to use MS password. OMG, this should not have to be this complicated!!! Please help me fix this once and for all. If I want a pin later I will set it up. Thanks!

:)

nancyoliver1, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Aug 28, 2020
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Aug 28, 2020
  4. MSI Staff Win User

Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle

[Contest] Ask MOA PROS! Chance to win MSI Z97 MPOWER

The Grand Final of MSI MOA 2014 (Master Overclocking Arena) on Oct 18-19 in Taiwan. In partnership with TechPowerUP, MSI now would like to invite TPU forum members and overclocking experts to join "The Ask MOA PROS!" contest. You will get a chance to win a latest MSI Z97 MPOWER overclocking motherboard. More importantly, the eligible entries/ questions will be answered by assigned Overclocking Professionals who advanced to the final, by making interview videos.
    Have fun!

Contest Period: Oct 2nd - 12th, 2014 (10 days)
    How to Participate it:

• Step 1: Pick up a preferred MOA PROs in the following image.
    • Step 2: Leave questions in this thread to him.
    Example:
    To bboyjezz #1:
    Question: What was your very first motherboard that you have used to overclock the CPU?​

Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle Forum%2520page%2520-%2520up.jpg

Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle Forum%2520page%2520-%2520down.jpg

Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle winner_announcement-jpg.jpg

MSI Staff, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle

1. Win 10 Asks For Log In After Idle - Similar Threads - Asks Log Idle

2. New Windows 10 Laptop keeps asking to log in when restarting after unchecking not to ask

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Windows 10 Laptop keeps asking to log in when restarting after unchecking not to ask: I did a search and it said to Right click start, click Command PromptAdmintype in netplwiz in hit enter , and uncheck the box that asks to ask for password and log in ..... I shut down my laptop and it asks again , I rechecked and it was still unchecked , so why is it...
  3. Log out Idle users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Log out Idle users: Hello all, Working with windows 10 here and I am wondering how in the world can I logout users after 2-3 days off being inactive/idle? I have done my research and have come empty handed, no luck with the group policies and I even created a bat file; it worked but did not...
  4. Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.: Hello, I have a HP Pavillion Laptop 15-cc1xx running win 10 64 bit version 2004, my laptop when left idle turns the screen of after 5 mins as per the setting, but doesn't turn back ononly power LED is on continuously and I hear small sound of fan running I guess or it might...
  5. Win 10 shuts down when Idle

Win 10 shuts down when Idle: Win 10 Home shuts down when Idle I see people have been having this same issue for years without any successful solution. I too have tried all the tips & tricks without success. This issue is fairly new for my PC. Never had this happen until a few months ago. It is very...
  6. Win 10 not asking for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 not asking for password: How do I insert a password that must be entered before Win 10 can start. The machine currently open Windows without requesting a password. 151824
  7. New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time

New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time: Last week I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 3583 with Windows 10 Home (S). I have removed the "s" restriction and upgraded to Pro. I have set 'sleep' when on A/C power to 'never'. Yet, when it is idle for several hours - like overnight - it appears to be powered off. It...
  8. Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle: Windows signs me out after it's been idle for 2 to 3 minutes. This problem only happens in the morning. It does not happen in the evening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-logs-off-after-2-to-2-minutes-idle/b739211e-4d3f-4341-a87c-41ee01338399
  9. Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asking for Password that Doesn't Exist after Win 10 Update: After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a hint of "Yr"! Have tried every date I could think of w/no luck! Have been in Win forums and support pages using primary Win...
  10. High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update

High Idle CPU Usage After Win 10 Reset and Update: Hello! I am having a bit of trouble with high idle cpu usage after resetting Windows 10 and installing updates. [img] I am unsure how to troubleshoot this type of service usage. I ask for assistance to resolve this. Thanks! 112123