Windows 10: Win 10 Asks for Pwd after Update - Never had any pwd

Discus and support Win 10 Asks for Pwd after Update - Never had any pwd in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Team, About a few weeks back, a Win 10 update installed on my laptop. I have never had a password on my laptop and always hit enter in the login... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TG05, Mar 28, 2020.

1. TG05 Win User

Win 10 Asks for Pwd after Update - Never had any pwd

Hi Team,

About a few weeks back, a Win 10 update installed on my laptop. I have never had a password on my laptop and always hit enter in the login screen. I have tried 'Reset Password' option on the screen and it asks for 3 questions which I have never set so unable to get through that either. It's not even displaying the email id associated with the account. Please help as factory reset isnt an option as I have important data on my laptop

:)

2. chapis08 Win User

Windows 10 Admin pwd

Hi,

My windows 10 pwd was set up by Dell. It automatically logs into windows without asking for pwd. I did set it up to blank password at the setup and requested to windows 10 to never ask for pwd..

Now it is starting asking for pwd and when I do blank pwd and hit 'enter' is telling me wrong pwd..???

so I reboot and everything is fine..

can someone who knows and understand this OS wold guide me to enter a pwd or to remove the asking pwd forever...

its a laptop...with all the new updates

thanks..

alex

chapis08, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Wrong email, pwd used to set up Win 10 on new computer

Bought computer & store upgraded to Win10. But I gave wrong pwd to my email (.msn) and they compounded it by creating a new email (Hotmail.com). Now when I turn on, I have to give a pwd that takes me to an inbox that is brand new. I want to delete that email
    and used my current email AND log in using pwd that goes to correct email.

Help.

DenverLady, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Lynx94 Win User

Windows 10 login without user account and pwd or pin code

I have Lenovo laptop and Windows 10.

When I boot my laptop, I will get error message: "User account or password wrong. Try again"

This message comes under my full name and user account and pwd.

What is this user account and pwd. I haven't created any.

Luckily there is another option where is my
    full name and pin code (but no user account).

When I enter pin code I can login into the Windows.

[That pin code seems to be the same code which Microsoft asked to create a couple of days ago.

I thought that this short pin code helps me to get rid of long MS pwds, which I have many for private and company purposes.

But I didn't understand that I have to enter that pin code every time I'm login into my laptop!]

I have already done netplwiz -command
    from Windows-> Run, but no effect.

I also tried from Control Panel to edit my own admin / owner account, but cannot do anything.

I would like to login into Windows without any user account and pwd or pin code?

What are the right steps in this situation?

Lynx94, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 Asks for Pwd after Update - Never had any pwd - Similar Threads - Asks Pwd Update

2. Windows 10 21H2 - BUG to connect to a VPN - never show the form to fulfill the user/pwd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 21H2 - BUG to connect to a VPN - never show the form to fulfill the user/pwd: Hi,there is a BUG on W10 since it never shows the window/form to provide user and password when you click on the network icon on the taskbar and click for VPN icon.It hangs with a message "connecting to [VPN BLABLABLA]" and never goes forward!** annoying issueIs there a way...
  3. Windows 10 21H2 - BUG to connect to a VPN - never show the form to fulfill the user/pwd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 21H2 - BUG to connect to a VPN - never show the form to fulfill the user/pwd: Hi,there is a BUG on W10 since it never shows the window/form to provide user and password when you click on the network icon on the taskbar and click for VPN icon.It hangs with a message "connecting to [VPN BLABLABLA]" and never goes forward!** annoying issueIs there a way...
  4. Windows 10 21H2 - BUG to connect to a VPN - never show the form to fulfill the user/pwd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Pwd no longer works in 8.1 after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pwd no longer works in 8.1 after update: Hi guys. So, I have a Sony Vaio running 8.1. The other day Windows ran an update and rebooted. After the reboot I tried logging in with my normal 4 digit pin and I receive an error that it is invalid. My laptop being the age that it is I haven't used the real password in over...
  6. Pwd no longer works in 8.1 after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pwd no longer works in 8.1 after update: Hi guys. So, I have a Sony Vaio running 8.1. The other day Windows ran an update and rebooted. After the reboot I tried logging in with my normal 4 digit pin and I receive an error that it is invalid. My laptop being the age that it is I haven't used the real password in over...
  7. Windows log in not not taking acct pwd

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows log in not not taking acct pwd: Having a problem logging into windows, IDK if it is the upgrade or I switched setting somehow. I am prompted for a password at start up which I never got before. I tried my MS acct pwd but I am told I am offline and won't take it. I use a wifi adaptor which only boots up once...
  8. MS Pwd not being retained

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Pwd not being retained: According to the suggestions on your community help page that to correct the MS Acct I have to perform a number of major steps to get this pwd to stay recognized. I think not, MS needs to get its program operational so that the end user doesn't have to spend valuable time...
  9. Pwd asked after mapping on Windows 10 (to access to smb linux share)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pwd asked after mapping on Windows 10 (to access to smb linux share): Hi, I use SMB 1 to share folder to a school, when I was on Windows 7 the share worked perfectly (when the computer startup the mapping was operating and after that we accessed to all the shared folder directly), but now that I use Windows 10 (first I've to enable SMB 1) it...
  10. W10 TPM Bitlocker asks erroneously for pwd on one data partition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    W10 TPM Bitlocker asks erroneously for pwd on one data partition: With a laptop W10 + TPM enabled with hard drive partitioned with C: = system; d: = users; e: = media; f: = the rest - all partitions BitLocker encrypted, all working beautifully well, I have an odd behaviour: after each W10 full startup, the partition e: needs to be opened by...