Windows 10: Win 10 ate my Desktop, over and over and over and over and.....

Discus and support Win 10 ate my Desktop, over and over and over and over and..... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; the 5/14 W10 Home update installed on Wednesday 5/15. Since that time, every reboot causes my entire desktop to reset, including the taskbar. All icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Puterman55, May 17, 2019.

1. Win 10 ate my Desktop, over and over and over and over and.....

the 5/14 W10 Home update installed on Wednesday 5/15. Since that time, every reboot causes my entire desktop to reset, including the taskbar. All icons are gone except Win defaults (Recycle, Edge, etc.), same with taskbar. Edge comes up with the initial new user screen as well. I rolled back the update as a test, and the problem goes away, so it's directly related to the recent cumulative update.

Any ideas?

Dell Vostro 3670, 2 months old (nearly brand new out of the box).

Intel i7-8700, w/8 Gb DDR

1T SSD HDD

:)

Puterman55, May 17, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 17, 2019
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, May 17, 2019
  4. Win 10 ate my Desktop, over and over and over and over and.....

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 ate my Desktop, over and over and over and over and.....

1. Win 10 ate my Desktop, over and over and over and over and..... - Similar Threads - ate Desktop

2. Windows 11 ATE my laptop's memory! Help??? Please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 ATE my laptop's memory! Help??? Please?: I was using windows 10 on my laptop and a button popped up to accept windows 11. I clicked it and windows 11 was installed. Within a couple of weeks it had eaten all my memory and I can't use the laptop at all. I took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy who wanted $200 to fix it...
  3. Windows 11 ATE my laptop's memory! Help??? Please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 ATE my laptop's memory! Help??? Please?: I was using windows 10 on my laptop and a button popped up to accept windows 11. I clicked it and windows 11 was installed. Within a couple of weeks it had eaten all my memory and I can't use the laptop at all. I took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy who wanted $200 to fix it...
  4. Tem como windows Embedded 7 passar para uma outra versão Tipo win 8.1 embedded ou ate mesmo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tem como windows Embedded 7 passar para uma outra versão Tipo win 8.1 embedded ou ate mesmo...: Estou com esse win 7 embedded, e preciso atualizar ele para uma versão mais nova, por nao ser compativel com varios programas que uso na empresa, gostaria de alguma dica para ta mudando o win 7 embedded para win 8,1 embedded ou ate mesmo para win 10 ou uma versão mais recente...
  5. Tem como windows Embedded 7 passar para uma outra versão Tipo win 8.1 embedded ou ate mesmo...

Tem como windows Embedded 7 passar para uma outra versão Tipo win 8.1 embedded ou ate mesmo...: Estou com esse win 7 embedded, e preciso atualizar ele para uma versão mais nova, por nao ser compativel com varios programas que uso na empresa, gostaria de alguma dica para ta mudando o win 7 embedded para win 8,1 embedded ou ate mesmo para win 10 ou uma versão mais recente...
  6. Gmail ate my message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail ate my message: This is going to be weird, but since Google doesn't help its customers, I thought I'd ask you here. Just this evening,I got a message in Gmail in my spam folder that wasn't spam. When I clicked to move it to Inbox it vanished. Yes, I refreshed a coupleof times. But here's the...
  7. Gmail ate my message

Gmail ate my message: This is going to be weird, but since Google doesn't help its customers, I thought I'd ask you here. Just this evening,I got a message in Gmail in my spam folder that wasn't spam. When I clicked to move it to Inbox it vanished. Yes, I refreshed a coupleof times. But here's the...
  8. A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!: SO i was using winrar, and for some reason it says i dont have enough space, the download in winrar was 45 gb, before i used winrar i checked how much space i had and i had 190 gb, during the extraction i get a error saying no disk space, but i should have some disk space,...
  9. A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A VIRUS ATE LOTS OF MY DISK SPACE!!!!: SO i was using winrar, and for some reason it says i dont have enough space, the download in winrar was 45 gb, before i used winrar i checked how much space i had and i had 190 gb, during the extraction i get a error saying no disk space, but i should have some disk space,...
  10. Desktop Window Manager ate >6GB of RAM, how to restart it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Window Manager ate >6GB of RAM, how to restart it?: I know the commands to do this in Windows 7, but apparently it doesn't work in Windows 10? Is there anything I can do besides restating the system? This is not the first time this happened. submitted by /u/Shajirr [link] [comments]...