Windows 10: win 10 auto login

Discus and support win 10 auto login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to set up auto-login on my personal computer, however when I run netplwiz like all the tutorials I can find say to do, there is no checkbox... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by thepeddy, Jun 3, 2020.

1. thepeddy Win User

win 10 auto login

I am trying to set up auto-login on my personal computer, however when I run netplwiz like all the tutorials I can find say to do, there is no checkbox for "All users need to enter username/password"

:)

thepeddy, Jun 3, 2020
  2. garywlaw Win User

Win 10 auto login

I have updated to win 10 and would like to use auto login . There are 3 different users in our household for this pc. I tried the "control userpasswords2" with no luck even though it says auto logon. Every time I switch to a different user a password must
    be entered. We never had this issue with win 7. Any fixes?

garywlaw, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 3, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

win 10 auto login

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

win 10 auto login

1. win 10 auto login - Similar Threads - auto login

2. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...: Hello, we have many Windows 10 PCs that run in remote locations since 2019. These PCs auto-logon/login a user automatically at bootup. Suddenly in 2024, these PCs will not auto-login any longer. The PCs rarely reboot but do occasionally when Windows Update reboots the PC. So...
  3. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...: Hello, we have many Windows 10 PCs that run in remote locations since 2019. These PCs auto-logon/login a user automatically at bootup. Suddenly in 2024, these PCs will not auto-login any longer. The PCs rarely reboot but do occasionally when Windows Update reboots the PC. So...
  4. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz: So I'm trying to disable auto login on my pc so I get loaded into the login screen, back on windows 10 this was the default, didn't need a password or anything just a login screen. However this was enabled when I got my new pc which has windows 11 and have no way of disabling...
  6. How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz: So I'm trying to disable auto login on my pc so I get loaded into the login screen, back on windows 10 this was the default, didn't need a password or anything just a login screen. However this was enabled when I got my new pc which has windows 11 and have no way of disabling...
  7. How to setup auto login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to setup auto login?: Hello, I've tried adjusting the registry and changing the sign in options to never require a password to log in. But in netplwiz I can't get the check box "user must better a user name and password to use this computer" to pop up. I only have one admin account logged created...
  8. Auto login stuck on welcome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login stuck on welcome: Help i used cmd to activate administrator account but when I signed in it started setup process then when it was finally done my desktop was flashing black/grey and so was Taskbar I couldn't click on anything. Now when I boot it auto signs into administrator but gets stuck at...
  9. Auto login stuck on welcome

Auto login stuck on welcome: Help i used cmd to activate administrator account but when I signed in it started setup process then when it was finally done my desktop was flashing black/grey and so was Taskbar I couldn't click on anything. Now when I boot it auto signs into administrator but gets stuck at...
  10. Auto login stuck on welcome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging