Windows 10: Win 10 Back up Access Denied to Network Drive

Discus and support Win 10 Back up Access Denied to Network Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro all updates installed. Network drives installed via OpenMedia on Raspberry Pi. Drives are visible and accessible via File Explorer. I set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonDomina, Sep 2, 2020.

1. DonDomina Win User

Win 10 Back up Access Denied to Network Drive

Win 10 Pro all updates installed. Network drives installed via OpenMedia on Raspberry Pi. Drives are visible and accessible via File Explorer. I set up the backup to run. It starts, calculates the size and then says "backup not completed" I have seen a message with an error code of 0X80070005 and occasionally I have seen "access denied.

I have done a "clean boot" and followed the instruction to test programs with system configuration by disabling and then enabling individual programs. Backup is to run at 0200 each day and I have a like file for this from each day. The last report is as follows:

Source

Windows host process Rundll32

Summary

WindowsBackupFailure

Date

‎9/‎2/‎2020 2:13 AM

Status

Report sent

Description

Windows Backup failure

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: WindowsBackupFailure

Operation: Backup

AppVer: 10.0.19041

HRESULT: 0x80070005

TargetType: 7

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 7c8397aa17a3f01d7a579baef9f08ca9 1898156943779859625

I found the same attempt also produced this error note:

Win 10 Back up Access Denied to Network Drive cc611f48-08d0-4833-a575-0deec03a93aa?upload=true.png

I should note, this install in on a new machine to me and the same backup system was in place on an older Win10 machine. It worked fine.

Thank you.

Don Domna

:)

DonDomina, Sep 2, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Sep 2, 2020
  3. 'Access denied' when trying to access external hard drive (WD Passport 2tb on Win 10)

I suddenlt can't access my files on my WD passport drive on my Win 10 comp after plugging the drive into a Win 8.1 comp without internet. I'm getting a 'Access denied' error when double-clicking the drive. For the last 24 hours I have tried a lot of things,
    done a lot of research and still I can't access my external drive.

• I did try and go to the security tab, but all users and admin were already allowed full access. I can't really change anything for any better in those options.
    • I tried the sharing tab as well allowing all access to all users but still access denied.
    • I opened the cmd prompt and tried to run the TAKEOWN commands but even though I set the admin to have full access everything is exactly the same: 'Access denied'
    Is there anyway I can use Windows to gain access to this drive? I cannot afford to lose the files on the drive. Please help.

Thanks a lot

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

JakobOvergaard, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Win 10 Back up Access Denied to Network Drive

Access denied

Whenever I connect any pendrive or hard disk it says access denied for pen drive I googled got the solution for pendrive but I need to follow the steps everytime I connect give me the permanent solution and steps for hard drive access denied

krishnamagaji, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Back up Access Denied to Network Drive

1. Win 10 Back up Access Denied to Network Drive - Similar Threads - Access Denied Network

2. Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied: Hello, I want to connect my Onedrive as a mapped network drive. When I try to login using folder: https://d.docs.live.net/CID, I am given a screen to login with username and password. I am assuming username is my email and password is email password. I input the details and...
  3. Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied: Hello, I want to connect my Onedrive as a mapped network drive. When I try to login using folder: https://d.docs.live.net/CID, I am given a screen to login with username and password. I am assuming username is my email and password is email password. I input the details and...
  4. Network drive of OneDrive access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drive of OneDrive access denied: Hello, I am having trouble connecting to my onedrive as a network drive on windows 10 file explorer. After i use https://d.docs.live.net/CID replacing CID with the cid # on the address bar of onedrive homepage I am getting stuck in a loop to sign in using my microsoft login...
  5. Network drive of OneDrive access denied

Network drive of OneDrive access denied: Hello, I am having trouble connecting to my onedrive as a network drive on windows 10 file explorer. After i use https://d.docs.live.net/CID replacing CID with the cid # on the address bar of onedrive homepage I am getting stuck in a loop to sign in using my microsoft login...
  6. Network drive of OneDrive access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. randomly denied access to SMB network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    randomly denied access to SMB network drive: I have two SMB network drives located on a NAS. One drive is username/password protected the other has public access.I've enabled SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support support manually. I'm aware SMB 1.0 support is deprecated because of vulnerability. I'm in a private network....
  8. randomly denied access to SMB network drive

randomly denied access to SMB network drive: I have two SMB network drives located on a NAS. One drive is username/password protected the other has public access.I've enabled SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support support manually. I'm aware SMB 1.0 support is deprecated because of vulnerability. I'm in a private network....
  9. Windows denying me access to USB Drive to back up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows denying me access to USB Drive to back up.: I keep getting an error message saying I do not have authority to access by e-drive, when trying to back up files to a memory stick. It tells me I have no permission to access the folder, when I am selecting the E-Drive, and provides a link to the security tab, which opens up...
  10. Network access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network access denied: I have a small network only two computers. I can see and access files on pc2 from pc1. but can not access files on pc1 from pc2. I got always the message you have to request access permission. I use on both pc's the microsoft password....