Windows 10: WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours!

Discus and support WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello; when I do my weekly WIN 10 desktop back-up, it's taking 3 hours or more now. I use Control Panel, System & Security, Back Up & Restore. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steven F 603, Aug 20, 2020.

1. WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours!

Hello; when I do my weekly WIN 10 desktop back-up, it's taking 3 hours or more now. I use Control Panel, System & Security, Back Up & Restore. I upgraded from WIN 7 to 10 years ago, but it still says Back Up & Restore Windows 7. I'm using a 3.0 32GB Sandisk, and my back up is about 18 GB. It's taking longer every time, so what can I do to streamline this process? Thank you for your help, Steven F.

:)

Steven F 603, Aug 20, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

Hi, I find this interesting (in a warped, twisted sort of way *Wink)
    Set Quiet Hours in Windows 10 - Windows Help -

Set Quiet Hours in Windows 10

Applies to Windows 10
    Quiet Hours are times of day when you don't want to be disturbed by notifications. How to set them up:

• 1. Click the Action Center icon on the taskbar.
    • 2. Click Quiet hours.
      3. Set your Quiet Hours.
    The last (3) seems to suggest there is a setting - but as you - and others- have observed it seems to be just an on/off button now.

E.g.
    Windows 10: No scheduled Quiet Hours? - Windows Central Forums
    I've not seen Quiet hours on, so can't comment on your other query, sorry.

dalchina, Aug 20, 2020
  3. entropy13 Win User
    Good enough?

Look at sig for list. *Wink WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours! ;)

How about the CPU cooler though? Any suggestions? I'll be getting these within the next 10-12 hours.

entropy13, Aug 20, 2020
  4. curatia Win User

WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours!

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours!

1. WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours! - Similar Threads - takes hours

2. Booting Windows takes hours...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting Windows takes hours...: Short question:What does that mean, what can I do? Is this an update and I just have to wait? But it has yet been booting for hours... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-windows-takes-hours/70673c92-6e92-44ca-a98f-54cb91cbea75
  3. Booting Windows takes hours...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting Windows takes hours...: Short question:What does that mean, what can I do? Is this an update and I just have to wait? But it has yet been booting for hours... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-windows-takes-hours/70673c92-6e92-44ca-a98f-54cb91cbea75
  4. My Hp Omen Laptop is taking 24+ hours to restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Hp Omen Laptop is taking 24+ hours to restart.: All it is showing is ‘restarting’ & ‘updates are underway, please keep your computer on. I have tried the on off method and ctrl+alt+dlt but nothing is happening. This is hampering my work and i feel so helpless. Please suggest...
  5. My Hp Omen Laptop is taking 24+ hours to restart.

My Hp Omen Laptop is taking 24+ hours to restart.: All it is showing is ‘restarting’ & ‘updates are underway, please keep your computer on. I have tried the on off method and ctrl+alt+dlt but nothing is happening. This is hampering my work and i feel so helpless. Please suggest...
  6. My Hp Omen Laptop is taking 24+ hours to restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 updates take hours to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates take hours to complete: Hi.I have a laptop that is a couple years old. Its not a slow one, its an ASUS Zenbook with Ryzen 7 4700U, 16Gb of RAM and a 512Gb Kingston NVMe SSD.Everything on the laptop works like a charm, except for Windows updates. Most updates take hours to complete, I usually just...
  8. Windows 11 updates take hours to complete

Windows 11 updates take hours to complete: Hi.I have a laptop that is a couple years old. Its not a slow one, its an ASUS Zenbook with Ryzen 7 4700U, 16Gb of RAM and a 512Gb Kingston NVMe SSD.Everything on the laptop works like a charm, except for Windows updates. Most updates take hours to complete, I usually just...
  9. Bitlocker restart taking hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker restart taking hours: I put in the recovery key for bitlocker and said it would need to restart or go to advanced settings. For 2 hours it’s been on the HP loading screen attempting to restart. Has anyone had success with this?...
  10. Bitlocker restart taking hours

Bitlocker restart taking hours: I put in the recovery key for bitlocker and said it would need to restart or go to advanced settings. For 2 hours it’s been on the HP loading screen attempting to restart. Has anyone had success with this?...