Windows 10: Win 10 Background setting changes from 'slideshow' to 'picture' every time I reboot PC

Discus and support Win 10 Background setting changes from 'slideshow' to 'picture' every time I reboot PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do not know when this started happening but I am on the latest version of Win 10 Version 1809 and my sync settings appear to be set correctly. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LyleYork, Jan 17, 2019.

1. LyleYork Win User

Win 10 Background setting changes from 'slideshow' to 'picture' every time I reboot PC

I do not know when this started happening but I am on the latest version of Win 10 Version 1809 and my sync settings appear to be set correctly. I can set the background setting to 'slideshow' and select Webshots Wallpaper and everything works fine until I reboot and then the background setting resets to 'Picture'. I see there is a workaround using the Group Policy Editor and enabling "Prevent changing desktop background" but would prefer not doing that if there is another fix instead.

:)

LyleYork, Jan 17, 2019
  2. rees Win User

background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot

I have set up my background to display slideshow. There appears to be no save button on this page. Every time I reboot the computer I find the slideshow has been changed back to "picture" mode. Is there a way to stop this from resetting?

3. sn00ker Win User
    background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot

So you don't have the options like the pic below ?

Win 10  Background setting changes from 'slideshow' to 'picture' every time I reboot PC [​IMG]

sn00ker, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Win 10 Background setting changes from 'slideshow' to 'picture' every time I reboot PC

Picture set turn background to slideshow

Hi Henry,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you outline the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to fix the issue?

2. Does the issue occur with other images as well or only the one saved in the desktop?

For now, I suggest that you follow the steps below to change the slideshow option and check.

1. Go to the Settings application

2. Click on Personalization, select Picture from that top dropdown

If the above did not help, change the background picture that you have set and check.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Background setting changes from 'slideshow' to 'picture' every time I reboot PC

1. Win 10 Background setting changes from 'slideshow' to 'picture' every time I reboot PC - Similar Threads - Background setting changes

2. Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background slideshow settings keeps changing: i have my picture file folder selected which is great, its showing the pictures.The issue is the option that says "change picture every" then gives you the drop down menu of interval time, "1 minute" "10minute" etc, keeps changing every time i load up my computer. I want it...
  3. Background changes to "Slideshow" after every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background changes to "Slideshow" after every few minutes: Every few minutes my wallpaper changes back to the default window wallpaperI have disabled syncDeleted cached filesChanged my power plan settingsTried all the general fixes sfc /scannow, restart, virus scan in defenderI'm using Asus Vivobook and read about an issue with asus...
  4. Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart: Hi. Like many others I have had this problem for a couple of years and have tried virtually every suggestion to fix it.I have a folder with about 500 pictures in %USER%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. which is where the registry points to. There are also...
  5. Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart: Hi. Like many others I have had this problem for a couple of years and have tried virtually every suggestion to fix it.I have a folder with about 500 pictures in %USER%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. which is where the registry points to. There are also...
  6. Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Screen Background resets to picture from slideshow

Screen Background resets to picture from slideshow: Hi, Like many other people I have the issue that after a restart the background slideshow resets to Picture. It is still a picture from the slideshow but not what it was set to. The lockscreen could not be changed claiming that some settings were disabled by my...
  8. background settings change on reboot

background settings change on reboot: I have an HP laptop Windows 10 with all of the drivers updated. Desktop personalization background is set to picture fit to screen. everytime I reboot the setting reverts to background solid color. How do I stop this?...
  9. background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot

background slideshow changes to picture upon reboot: I have set up my background to display slideshow. There appears to be no save button on this page. Every time I reboot the computer I find the slideshow has been changed back to "picture" mode. Is there a way to stop this from resetting? 32859
  10. Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

Background switches from Slideshow to Picture: Hey Everyone, I upgraded my computer (Desktop PC) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM and while everything works good, I have an issue with my background settings. I have a folder on a local drive that has all of the pictures that I want in my slide show, and it works...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 slideshow reboot

2. Background Slideshow setting changes by itself to Picture?

3. Windows 10 Prevent changing Blackground Slideshow setting to Pictures?

4. Background setting allways Changes to Picture,
  5. Windows 10 Personalization Background Slideshow setting: Prevent changing to Picture?,
  6. windows 10 background reverts from slideshow to picture