Windows 10: Win 10 Backup (7)

Discus and support Win 10 Backup (7) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm getting a message that Backup skipped two files. I checked the paths and they are invalid. Since I cannot drill down to these two locations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobMackenzie, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Win 10 Backup (7)

Hi,

I'm getting a message that Backup skipped two files. I checked the paths and they are invalid. Since I cannot drill down to these two locations in File Manager, I wonder how Backup is selecting them, that is, where is Backup getting this information to attempt to accesses these two points?

How can I eliminate them and obtain a Backup without errors.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Bob

Win 10 Backup (7) 4836b414-4ab1-4d59-8224-e430ca1a331a?upload=true.png

Win 10 Backup (7) 62d580ea-22ea-41ca-8a5e-d0cec1b0d46f?upload=true.png

:)

BobMackenzie, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Win 7 Key works on Win 10 but not on Win 7.

Hi John,

If clean install doesn't allow you to revert back to Windows 7 and you product doesn't work, we suggest using the backup and restore option on Windows settings. If you're still running on Windows 10, follow the steps on how to revert back to Windows 7:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Choose Backup.
    • Under Looking for an older backup?, select Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    • A new pop-up window will appear and follow the instructions on Restore section.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 15, 2018
  4. rcgldr Win User

Win 10 Backup (7)

Win 7 image restore breaks ability to see Win 10 image backups

I have a multi-boot system, XP Pro (32 bit), XP Pro X64 (64 bit), Win 7 Pro (64 bit), Win 10 Pro (64 bit). Each OS is on a separate hard drive and partition. The C: partition is boot only (no operating system on it).

I did a system image backup from Win 10 and also from Win 7. Once I do a Win 7 image restore using Win 7 repair (dvd), the Win 10 images backups no longer appear in the list of backups if I later run Win 10 repair or Win 7 repair.

The workaround for this bug is to do a system image backup from Win 7 and include the Win 10 partition in the Win 7 image backup (to Win 7, the Win 10 partition is a "data" partition). The the Win 7 repair will restore the Win 10 partition unless restore to "non-system" partitions is turned off. I confirmed this works by formatting both the Win 7 and Win 10 partitions before doing a repair / restore test.

What I don't understand is what the Win 7 restore changes to my system that prevents the Win 10 backup system images from appearing in the list of image backups. The Win 10 image folders are still present on my hard drive(s).

rcgldr, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Backup (7)

1. Win 10 Backup (7) - Similar Threads - Backup

2. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  3. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...: HELP⁉‍In layman's terms please...without all the user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most user-friendly OS/PC? Microsoftsorry to say is so departmentalized it's ruining its products....
  4. All these user/networking/linkage/setup/backup and recovery problems; what is the most...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I am trying to do a backup and my computer is stuck.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to do a backup and my computer is stuck.: I am trying to do a backup and my computer froze. I am stuck at file history backup log. ***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Subscription, account, billing / For business / Other ***...
  6. How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?: I'm new to Windows 11 I'm running 23H2, 22631.3447. I would like to install a piece of software namely, Winaero Tweaker that will likely make changes to the Windows 11 registry. I would like to backup the registry in case problems arise. How do I perform a one-time backup of...
  7. How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?

How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?: I'm new to Windows 11 I'm running 23H2, 22631.3447. I would like to install a piece of software namely, Winaero Tweaker that will likely make changes to the Windows 11 registry. I would like to backup the registry in case problems arise. How do I perform a one-time backup of...
  8. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  9. doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?

doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings?: doses win 11 backup save include programs, features and settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doses-win-11-backup-save-include-programs-features/d337be75-04af-4e2c-8163-20b2ef6bcd16
  10. I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to backup files faster But , How to ... ?: Hi ... I have a serious problem. Let me explain. There are two hard drives in my computer and one of them failed. I mean the reading speed of one of them is very very low. The health of that HDD is 0 and the Health check software says that the HDD has got some bad sectors on...