Windows 10: Win 10 Bios Boot Config doesn't show DVD as boot option

Discus and support Win 10 Bios Boot Config doesn't show DVD as boot option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 32 bit ASUS MB ASUS DVD. Unable to select DVD as 1st boot or any other option. DVD doesn't appear as an option when configuring. DVD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nivram31, May 3, 2017.

1. Nivram31 Win User

Win 10 Bios Boot Config doesn't show DVD as boot option

Windows 10 32 bit ASUS MB ASUS DVD. Unable to select DVD as 1st boot or any other option. DVD doesn't appear as an option when configuring. DVD is functioning with an assigned drive letter. Only Removable, CD, HD, and disabled are options. How would I get DVD to appear in selection options?

:)

Nivram31, May 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 - BOOTMGR image is corrupt.

Use another PC (bummerI know)

Download a copy of win 10 from microsoft, burn to DVD or USB stick.

Boot from that and re-install a clean copy, the Win 10 will recognise yourPC config and the fact there is a licence a d install.

To boot from USB OR DVD, you may need to go into BIOS (and enable booting from such a device first.

archie lukas, May 3, 2017
  3. Just bought new Dell with Windows 10. Trying to install Windows 7 for dual boot. Won't boot from DVD drive

I've tweaked the bios to move the OSS drive to the top of the boot order, but it blows right by the DVD every time and boot straight to Windows 10. There are new BIOS config options I don't recognize in the Setup screen. Can someone tell me how to do this?
    I've seen plenty of info on installing Windows 10 on Windows 7 machines, but I am trying to do the opposite here.

PatrickMagee, May 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Does it not boot from a DVD if you select 'CD'? Most BIOS setting screens I've seen just say 'CD' when they actually mean 'the CD/DVD drive'.

Bree, May 4, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Boot tab, if Secure Boot is Enabled, Disable it or change it to Setup Mode. If UEFI Boot is Enabled, change it to Legacy Boot. Here move CD/DVD drive to First Boot Device, Save and Exit

spunk, May 4, 2017
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Just to clarify:
    As Bree said, the Boot Menu will just list an optical drive and often label it just as CD. It doesn't matter if it is CD, DVD, Blueray, or whatever. So you can certainly try and boot from it to see what happens.

What Spunk is talking about is that some older executable programs will not boot on new systems running BIOS in UEFI mode. To get these programs to boot you need to change the settings to allow a 'Legacy Boot', as he describes.

Hope that helps.

7. Nivram31 Win User
    I have both a Plextor CD and a DVD player installed. The CD appears as an option for boot selection. The DVD does not appear in the options. I have a DVD disc with Active Boot Disc Imaging Software on it that I want to use. It will not run Plextor CD player, must use DVD player. I want to config 1st boot to be DVD. It is late tonight and I will try the suggestions tomorrow. Thanks much!

Nivram31, May 4, 2017
  8. Nivram31 Win User

Thanks for the suggestions! The problem is solved by disconnecting the CDROM drive and then configuring 1st boot as CDROM (still doesn't show as DVD). Appreciate the assistance!

Nivram31, May 5, 2017
  9. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Glad you got it sorted!

Thema:

1. Win 10 Bios Boot Config doesn't show DVD as boot option - Similar Threads - Bios Boot Config

2. Ssd showing in F9 boot option but not in Bios

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ssd showing in F9 boot option but not in Bios: I have hp Pavillion laptop 1tb hdd and 16gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 256gb ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in DVD writer it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start on hdd. My...
  3. Ssd showing in F9 boot option but not in Bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd showing in F9 boot option but not in Bios: I have hp Pavillion laptop 1tb hdd and 16gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 256gb ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in DVD writer it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start on hdd. My...
  4. Ssd showing in F9 boot option but not in Bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dvd not showing boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dvd not showing boot menu: I want to install win10 using dvd but not showing in boot menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-showing-boot-menu/ae7472dd-dd9d-492c-999d-93b798b9d1f4
  6. WIN 10 recovery/boot dvd

WIN 10 recovery/boot dvd: I have installed win10 from my official MS Win 10 thumb drive dvd onto my pc. This is an older pc that will not boot from a usb only from a hard drive or dvd. I therefore had to install win 10 by booting the PC from its original op sys, WIN7 on an internal C; hard drive...
  7. Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS: Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS And Still Boots. Is It Fine? Is It Something To Be Worried About? Should I Backup All Data Now? submitted by /u/PalPalash [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't boot after selecting original boot option in advance boot options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't boot after selecting original boot option in advance boot options: My PC was running normal but then after I selected the original boot option in the advanced boot options then it requested me to restart my PC after which it is unable to boot and goes on in a loop of automatic repairs I have tried troubleshooting but that doesn't work , I...
  9. Boot config

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot config: I use to ave XP and 7 with a simple thing at boot that gives you ten seconds to press a button to enter into safemode, dose 10 have anything like it? MSconfig is not ringing any bells. Only reason I ask I hate how safemode is setup in 10 and when I want it tis not goign...
  10. Dual boot win 7&10, Win 10 boot option is not showing up anymore

Dual boot win 7&10, Win 10 boot option is not showing up anymore: I've had both windows in all my computers since the beginning of w10. On this computer win7 was on B drive win10 was on C drive. It is one drive partioned in half Have all my docs, mail, pics, music on external drive. I was using them on both os. Well all of a sudden the page...