Windows 10: Win 10 bit OEM preinstall OS Version 10.0.18363.959 on SSD failing

Discus and support Win 10 bit OEM preinstall OS Version 10.0.18363.959 on SSD failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My drive C SSD is failing and needs replacing. The Windows 10 64 bit on my failing SSD is a OEM manufacturers preinstall which I understand it tied to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WalterW, Aug 2, 2020.

1. WalterW Win User

Win 10 bit OEM preinstall OS Version 10.0.18363.959 on SSD failing

My drive C SSD is failing and needs replacing. The Windows 10 64 bit on my failing SSD is a OEM manufacturers preinstall which I understand it tied to my PC. When I replace my SSD using the windows ISO will I still be able to in in my new SSD ?

:)

WalterW, Aug 2, 2020
  2. WalterW Win User

Win 10 bit OEM preinstall OS Version 10.0.18363.959

My drive C SSD is failing and needs replacing. The Windows 10 64 bit on my failing SSD is a OEM manufacturers preinstall which I understand it tied to my PC. When I replace my SSD using the windows ISO will I still be able to in in my new SSD ?

WalterW, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Migrate Win 10 Pro from OEM HDD to internal PCIe SSD

Migrate Win 10 Pro from OEM HDD to PCIe SSD

Computer: DELL Precision 5820 Tower Workstation. OEM installed Windows 10Pro 64-bit (with latest updates).

The OEM System included installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS on SATA Hard drive. The BIOS is UEFI with Secure Boot enabled and TMP.

For faster startup, I want to migrate the Dell installed OS from the OEM hard drive to a new internal Western Digital Black M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD. (Move just the OS and retained the original OEM hard disk inthe computer). I do not want the hastle of a clean
    install of windows 10 Pro.

Using MiniTools Partition Wizard, I mgrated the OS to the SSD (SSD is GPT mode; not mbr). Both the OEM HDD & the SSD now show up as OS drives, However, I cannot set the boot loader priority (in BIOS) to reognize the SSD as a Boot option. I can only boot
    from the OEM HDD. I do not want to disable Secure Boot.

I have the latest UEFI BIOS installed. The SSD is installed in an M.2 to PCIe slot adapter card in a compatible (greater capacity, X16) PCIe slot.

Does Microsoft have an update of trusted hardware or drivers for the Western Digital SSD ( M.2 PCIe WD Black SN750 NVMe, model WDS500G3XHC ) Western Digital does not have drivers for the SSD.

Incidentally, Using Partition Wizard, I had no problem doing this exact same change-over to an M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (formatted GPT mode) on my Dell Precision M7510 (exact same OS, with both Secure Boot and TMP enabled). The SSD recognized in the BIOS boot
    priority and boots A-OK.

Note: The TMP sub-version & PC client spec versions are the same, but the manufacturers version & PPI spec versions are later versions than for the 5820T computer. The WD Black M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD is also different model (WDS512G1X0C-00ENX0)

JPinterest, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Faller Win User

Installing preinstalled Win 10 on SSD on new PC

I have a new PC with preinstalled OEM Windows 10 on HDD and an empty SSD. I want to install Windows on the SSD instead of HDD. How can I do it?

Faller, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 bit OEM preinstall OS Version 10.0.18363.959 on SSD failing - Similar Threads - bit OEM preinstall

2. Win 10 Preinstalled OS license - NO DPK - Unable to find OEM Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Preinstalled OS license - NO DPK - Unable to find OEM Key: I have a Lenovo laptop Ideapad 330 which i have been using comfortably since past 3-4 years preinstalled Windows license. Recently, I changed my HDD to a new SSD and reinstalled Windows by creating bootable using Microsoft website. After i completed the install, I am not able...
  3. Win 10 Preinstalled OS license - NO DPK - Unable to find OEM Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Preinstalled OS license - NO DPK - Unable to find OEM Key: I have a Lenovo laptop Ideapad 330 which i have been using comfortably since past 3-4 years preinstalled Windows license. Recently, I changed my HDD to a new SSD and reinstalled Windows by creating bootable using Microsoft website. After i completed the install, I am not able...
  4. Win 10 Preinstalled OS license - NO DPK - Unable to find OEM Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win...: The subject says it most clearly. I need to upgrade two computers from Win 7 pro, and will have new hard drives for each of them. The full version download for Win 10 Pro comes with it's own product key, and there's an option to purchase just a product key for Win 10 Pro...
  6. Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 fails to install: Hung up on 91% complete for 12 hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/version-10018363-build-18363-fails-to-install/7515a6d1-f16d-4742-8543-140db0bb4b0c
  7. License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ?

License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ?: License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-win-10-pro-oem-can-i-use-it-for-version-os/7bc8e72c-cabb-4135-9120-cbecfb215e88"
  8. HP SSD Recognition Problem in Win 10 Pro 64 bit OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP SSD Recognition Problem in Win 10 Pro 64 bit OS: I have a HP S700 128 GB SSD. On one computer it is recognized as a hard drive and I can view files normally. On the other computer it is recognized as an USB storage device and you cannot see or access the files. What is the issue here?...
  9. Win 10 OS version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 OS version: How can I find if I am running 32 vs 64 bit version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-os-version/d73066d2-a935-4465-b991-a530def996c2
  10. Recover oem win 10 key on other os

Recover oem win 10 key on other os: I bought an asus laptop with oem win 10 then ive changed it to linux, and now i want to make the key back so that i can use windows again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-oem-win-10-key-on-other-os/028014cb-9ec3-4967-9a39-384c96c5a651"