Windows 10: Win 10 black screen after boot

Discus and support Win 10 black screen after boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't want to be here with trouble, but alas I am So I have been running dual boot, win 7 and win 10. Today I rebooted from win 7 to win 10 and got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by netrate, Jan 20, 2021.

1. netrate Win User

Win 10 black screen after boot

I don't want to be here with trouble, but alas I am

So I have been running dual boot, win 7 and win 10. Today I rebooted from win 7 to win 10 and got a black screen in win 10 - no mouse. This was right after I selected Win 10 boot (just before the wallpaper screen) I rebooted and tried Startup repair from safe mode and that did not fix anything. I created a restore point yesterday I am going to try that next, but this nightmare just doesn't end.

This is unbelievable. I just made a system restore point purposefully yesterday and it now says "No system restore points".

Kingston 120gig win 7 ultimate
    Samsung 500 gig win 10

:)

netrate, Jan 20, 2021

2. Win 10 Can't boot stuck in black screen with blinking cursor

Yesterday suddenly win 10 stop , then return blue screen with the message win need to repair and we will restarted for you , then win boot into black screen with blinking underscore .
    I try to boot win from usb to use repair but it's return cant repair your pc , then through cmd in troubleshooter from usb I use list disk and its return
    DISK 0 Invalid and its dynamic .
    What should I do I hope the hard disk is not dead yet any suggestions please ??

AbobakrOsman, Jan 20, 2021
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Win 10 black screen after boot

Black screen after booting

Hi Darlene,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as a corrupted driver, Internet connection, third-party software, and external hardware or devices. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Can you verify if the issue occurred during the update or after installing the update?
    • Are you able to log in to your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps provided on this link to resolve your black screen
    issue. On the "Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors" section, select the error that you're experiencing from the options provided.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 black screen after boot

1. Win 10 black screen after boot - Similar Threads - black screen boot

2. Win 11 black screen boot after using DDU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 black screen boot after using DDU: Desktop PC running Win 11 using nvidia 3060.I play Apex Legends and use an app called VibranceGUI to auto change my digital vibrance to 70 in game and 50 out of game.Few days ago VibranceGUI throws an error saying due to multiple different GPU drivers the app cannot start and...
  3. Win 10 screen black after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 screen black after startup: HelloWhen i turn on my pc first time a day i see login page and after that there is all black screenI cant do anything so i turn off my pc by holding power button for 10 seconds Then i turn on my pc again and after login i have my desktop and i see everythingIt started...
  4. Win 10 screen black after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 screen black after startup: HelloWhen i turn on my pc first time a day i see login page and after that there is all black screenI cant do anything so i turn off my pc by holding power button for 10 seconds Then i turn on my pc again and after login i have my desktop and i see everythingIt started...
  5. Win 10 screen black after startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. After new system build, Win 10 boots to black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After new system build, Win 10 boots to black screen: Hello, When I use the Windows 10 Pro USB Stick and do the Win10 Pro install, it completes successfully. I have video using the GTX 908 TI Lightning, the machine reboots multiple times during the process, and it makes it all the way to the desktop. As soon as I reboot the...
  7. Win 10 Black screen after screen saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Black screen after screen saver: I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS build 19042.630. I just installed this about a week ago. The install seemed to go ok but now sometimes when I come out of my screen saver I get a black screen with only my mouse curser showing. Nothing but a reboot will fix this issue...
  8. Black Screen After Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Boot: Ok so I have had this issue happen to me twice now and the only thing that has changed is that I recently went from a Mamba TE to the Mamba Elite which had me install Synapse 3. What happens is my PC gets through boot, shows the Windows loading circle, but then it just goes...
  9. Help Troubleshooting win 10 black screen boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Troubleshooting win 10 black screen boot: I have a laptop that runs on win10 which I recently reinstalled to fix some other issues and now whenever I boot it leads me to a black screen after showing the win logo pls give any help you can submitted by /u/mistbash [link] [comments]...
  10. Black screen after installing WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after installing WIN 10: Hello evreryone, When upgrading my TABLET (not a PC) from Win 8.1 to Win 10, windows system told me that I don't have enough memory space to install win 10 and give to me the option that I can use a micro SD card memory to install win 10. I choose this option and insert a...