Windows 10: win 10 blurry text/screen - new laptop

Discus and support win 10 blurry text/screen - new laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey, i have a new win10 laptop, and i have a issue of blurry text/screen when i set screen to 125%. i have 2 graphic cards - nvidia and intel, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by netnet, Jul 27, 2016.

1. netnet Win User

win 10 blurry text/screen - new laptop

hey,

i have a new win10 laptop, and i have a issue of blurry text/screen when i set screen to 125%.
    i have 2 graphic cards - nvidia and intel, i already set the nvidia default in the nvidia control panel to be the main gpu.
    when its on 100% its works great but in the screen settings it is show to me that 100% its not recommended. only the 125% recommended, i tried to set custom dpi 125% didn't work, reinstall graphic cards/reinstall the windows and more many options.
    by the way i tried to set custom dpi 125 and in screen settings put 125% also and its works fine but it show to me its display on 175%.
    now its on 100% but not recommended but its works fine.
    its really confused what its should be to best display.

there is a few screenshots of the current settings 100% display,
    Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot

when i change to 125% in this settings everything become blur,
    Screenshot
    but if i put on the custom dpi 125% also its good but its show me as 175%

Thanks!

:)

netnet, Jul 27, 2016
  2. k@thiR Win User

Blurry text and icons in windows 10 after upgrade from 8.1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Updated my graphics card driver and display also. Issue is still there.

I assumed that problem may be with data migration from win 8.1 to win 10 for that particular account. I don't know how to update the Microsoft account (@live.com)

So finally I've signed out and deleted the local account in the laptop and created a fresh user. Blurry text and icons are gone. My on screen keyboard is also nice. Updated all the apps from Store freshly.

No blurry text & Icons.

Thank you.

k@thiR, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Blurry Text Windows 10

Bought a new laptop with windows 10, all updates installed. text is blurry. what to do?

Rick Geller, Jul 27, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

This is a common issue when using higher screen magnification. Find the .exe file for the offending program (as an Administrator), right click the file, select Properties / Compatibility / Change settings for all users then tick the box for "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" then Apply. There are some Windows utilities e.g. Event Viewer which you can't fix. We can only hope MS listens to feedback and provides a solution.

Steve C, Jul 27, 2016
  5. netnet Win User
    hey thanks for quick response.
    let me understand if i got it, there is .exe file that doing that issue? how do i know which .exe file is that?

netnet, Jul 27, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    This fix applies to standard programs, not the fancy W10 Apps. If using the Start Menu - to find the program, select all apps, right click on the program, More, Open File Location. Then right click on the shortcut, select Properties / Shortcut and under target you should find the .exe file location. You can also peruse the c:\program files & c:\program files (x86) folders to find the .exe file if you know what you are looking for.

Steve C, Jul 27, 2016
  7. netnet Win User
    maybe i didn't understand you mate, which program do i need to do this processes ?
    i dont get it why some program make this blurry to the screen.

netnet, Jul 27, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

Tell us what programs have problems with blurry text.

Steve C, Jul 27, 2016
  9. netnet Win User
    any program when i use 125% screen.

netnet, Jul 30, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    that would be your problem. It is the display driver that manages what is on the screen, not the program. If you are using a flatscreen and have it set for a very high resolution, suggest that you change the resolution to something lower, so that you do not have to use a Magnifying glass.

The larger the dpi, the worse that anything on the screen will appear.

bro67, Jul 30, 2016
  11. netnet Win User
    hey,

i didnt said its the program problem, its a new pc and i really dont know which reso its should be.
    now im at 100% and its recommended and the reso is great, i using docking station with 22' screen. but when i want to put it 125% to use only with laptop the reso is blur.

netnet, Jul 30, 2016
  12. Steve C Win User
    I solved the blurry text problem on most programs at 125% dpi by using the disable dpi fix above. There are some MS utilities e.g. Event Viewer which can't be fixed this way. Hopefully MS will fix the problem?

Steve C, Jul 30, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

Not a Microsoft or Windows problem. The problem is with people trying to use the Native settings for a large flat screen or a projector. You have to set your resolution down to say 1024x768. Also turning off all fancy settings like Motion, Auto Contrast, etc, along with Overscan, can fix things.

The Display Driver for the GPU is what handles the display, not Windows. If you do not have the proper display driver from the chipset manufacturer loaded, you will get a very basic set of settings. It is always best to install the GPU software that allows you to adjust the extra settings to make the image cleaner on a large screen.

bro67, Jul 31, 2016
  14. Steve C Win User
    I see this problem on 2 PCs with all GPU drivers up to date. I still think it's a bug for MS utilities and poor program design in other applications.

Steve C, Jul 31, 2016
  15. Adalwar Win User
    Hi,
    Did you Adjusted the "Calibrate Color" and "Clear Type" settings?
    If not, you may want to try it first.
    Also on Intel HD Graphics Control Panel you may want to try to Adjust the Gamma Correction, the Default Setting is too High for my eyes.
    I prefer to have it to 0,7.

Adalwar, Jul 31, 2016
Thema:

1. win 10 blurry text/screen - new laptop - Similar Threads - blurry text screen

2. blurry text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  3. blurry text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  4. blurry text with screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blurry text with screen resolution: I have purchased an LENOVO ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5.Something is weird with the screen resolution. The default configuration is 1920x1080 and a 150% zoom on screen.Seems to be fine, but some text or icons on some apps are blurry or very small. For instance interface on...
  5. Blurry text

Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  6. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text: Hello,i'm facing an issue where text becomes blurry whenever window goes out of focus, or sometimes even when its in focus text becomes blurry, its same on all apps, i've tried enabling ClearType Text and Let Window automatically fix blurry text options but it doesn't do...
  7. Blurry text

Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  8. Very blurry win 10 menu texts

Very blurry win 10 menu texts: Problem: As seen in this pic : https://i.imgur.com/cihU7eL.jpgWindows start menu and some settings windows have unreadable texts. It is not like this always. Sometimes its clear and readable, and sometimes it becames blurry like that, than nothing helps it stays like that....
  9. Blurry text

Blurry text: Hey, on almost every app, i see blurry text. I tried updating the nvidia drivers, didnt work, i tried changing my font, not that either. I don't know what's happening and it's starting to annoy me. Thanks....
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...