Windows 10: Win 10 boot issue...help!

Discus and support Win 10 boot issue...help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, My Acer laptop crashed from a BSOD and I'm no longer able to boot into Win 10, I suspect it was a recent Win 10 update but cannot be 100%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timmeh09, May 4, 2020.

1. timmeh09 Win User

Win 10 boot issue...help!

Hi everyone,

My Acer laptop crashed from a BSOD and I'm no longer able to boot into Win 10, I suspect it was a recent Win 10 update but cannot be 100% sure. These are the things I've attempted to troubleshoot my laptop.

- Attempted to use Win 10 self fix service, system restore etc. but none of the features are working.
    - Downloaded Win 10 onto USB boot drive and booted through USB drive and was able to access command prompt.
    - Followed rebuild BCD procedure and typed Bootrec /rebuildbcd and got "Total identified Windows installations: 0"
    - Typed attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s and "ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old – got "File not found – C:\boot\bcd"
    - Google told me to try bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup and I got "Operations has failed"
    - Tried the safe boot command bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal and got "The boot configuration data store could not be opened"
    - I checked Diskpart > list volume and my SSD is not showing up but only the USB drive.
    - Tried to do a new Win 10 installation via the USB drive but it cannot pickup the SSD. I double checked in BIOS and I can see my SSD is still there.

Any steps I can try before I have to resort doing a clean format of the SSD.

Thanks all in advance!

:)

timmeh09, May 4, 2020
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, May 4, 2020
  3. EntropyZ Win User
    Windows 10 issues!

I had a similar issue but it only happen on older hardware, Windows would install the stock drivers which would make it nearly impossible to access the internet. Luckily I had newest Intel and Realtek NIC drivers that ran perfectly on Win 10 x64 1607 version, installing those fixed my that problem.

This also can happen on a non-fresh install of WIn 10, when you try to boot from a different computer/motherboard, after a single failed boot, Windows will try to re-detect and re-install all of the drivers, which definitely won't be the most stable or newest.

I tried everything, flushing cache, resetting router, uninstalling the device completely from the list, removing the LAN connection entirely, none of those helped.

EntropyZ, May 4, 2020
  4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

Interesting that it works on that oldie but goody laptop.

I don't notice any speed lags with Win-10 TP, but I'm using it on an i5-4670K system with an SSD for the boot drive, so it's snappy.

RealNeil, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 boot issue...help! - Similar Threads - boot issue help

2. Win 10 boot issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 boot issue: Hello, so I'm having an issue . My PC keeps booting to the "choose an option screen". I have seen multiple videos on how to help but the thing is . I don't own another PC so I can't create a bootable USBCan someone help? Thanks....
  3. Help with dual booting Win 10 and Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with dual booting Win 10 and Ubuntu: Hello, My laptop has two hard drives: in the main location is an SSD with Win 10 and in the DVD drive bay is an HDD with Ubuntu. Both are Legacy BIOS. Win 10 uses MBR in /dev/sda1 and Ubuntu GRUB2 which is at /dev/sdb. I am trying to use the Windows bootloader to give me a...
  4. WIN 10 - boot loop / inaccessible boot device HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIN 10 - boot loop / inaccessible boot device HELP: Hello to all good people here. My name is Grzegorz and I am seeking help in solving my issue that keeps bugging me for a week or so. As the thread title says I am suffering from the boot looping during WIN startup and I cannot access WIN by any means. It started by trying to...
  5. Windows 10 boot and reset issues *HELP*

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 boot and reset issues *HELP*: My PC has been fine and experiencing no issues until yesterday. I turned it off, went away for a bit and when I came back it was on the windows loading screen (black screen with windows logo and blue loading circle) but completely frozen. I restarted my PC by pressing and...
  6. NVME issues for booting win 10

NVME issues for booting win 10: Hi, I was recently rebuilding my PC and decided to upgrade to a 2TB PCIE 4 NVME. I also Previously had a Samsung 960 PRO. I did a clean install from a USBC SSD. For some reason, I have to have my BIOS set to legacy in order to recognize and boot from the new NVME. How can I...
  7. Win 10 System/boot Disk Issue

Win 10 System/boot Disk Issue: I'm concerned about an issue with my computer set up. To go back to the beginning. I had Win 7 installed, upgraded to win 8 with a fresh install, so had a dual boot up. When Microsoft gave the free upgrade to Win 10, I took advantage of that and it installed on a partition...
  8. Win 10 permission issues, please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 permission issues, please help: Hello All, I have win 10 on my PC I attached an external hard drive with win 7 on it I wanted to access "Documents and settings" so I ran (used) your reg file "Add_Reset_Permissions_to_context_menu.reg" I got access to the files I wanted and somehow my PC got corrupted, I...
  9. Win 10 Boot issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Boot issue: I am trying to install Windows 10 from my USB stick since my SSD died on me. I am constantly getting this error: "0xc0000098 Windows/System32/Drivers/Ehstortcgdrv.sys" I have tried searching this online on my own but solutions tell me to use my USB stick to fix this issue....
  10. win 10 boot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 boot issue: I am using Win 10 . i never made a recovery USB where can i download a free copy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-boot-issue/f06d7a34-68ab-4cdc-a3f2-b11f13922b0d