Windows 10: win 10 boot looping after update

Discus and support win 10 boot looping after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Upgraded to win 10 from win 7 online and there was an automatic update to win 10 a few days ago and the next time i restarted the desktop I am now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jfoj, Oct 17, 2015.

1. jfoj Win User

win 10 boot looping after update

Upgraded to win 10 from win 7 online and there was an automatic update to win 10 a few days ago and the next time i restarted the desktop I am now stuck in a bootloop

computer specs are at bottom of this post

system restore does not work.... "need to specify which installation to restore" but no options are available

automatic repair does not work

reset this pc tells me the drive is locked

pulled the drive and mounted it to another computer and ran chkdsk /f on it, it made some repairs and when i reinstalled it and tried to boot, i'm still getting the same problem.

when i run chkdsk /f a second time , no errors are found

used rufus software to load windows 10 iso to usb drive but it does not work....seems like it's not booting from the usb.

used win 10 media creation tool to create a bootable usb drive from win 10 iso, will not boot from usb drive

created a win 10 dvd from iso and it will not boot from dvd

cannot enter bios thru startup for some reason and on the troubleshooting advanced options section, there is no option for startup settings to get to bios that way.

going back to previous build does not work

system image recovery failed: system cannot find file specified (0x80070002)

System File CHecker tool from bios tells me: " there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete" but i've rebooted 10 times and nothing changes.

when it attempts repairs and fails, it always takes me to a page asking what language my keyboard is, i select US and then it takes me to the troubleshooting page.

how do i fix this boot looping problem?

specs:
    dell X8700-1257BLK
    Intel Core i7-4770 Processor 3.4GHz 4th gen
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) upgraded to win10
    16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
    1TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
    samsung evo pro 840 500gb ssd
    DVDRW Drive
    10/100/1000 Network
    802.11n Wireless
    Bluetooth

:)

2. DavewxMN Win User

Automatic Repair Loop

I'm having the same problem. I'm running the latest version of Win 10. It started looping in Auto Repair a couple of weeks ago not long after an update. It always can't repair it. I tried Start up
    Repair, Reset, it always starts looping again as soon as I reboot. Today I installed a clean drive, and installed a new download of Win 10 to the new drive and set it as the boot drive in the Bios. Immediately back to Auto Repair loop.

Help!

DavewxMN, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10: application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

same happend to me after windows 10 creaters update. system was crashing if i boot windows without disabling graphics driver. i had to downgrade to win 8 to fix the booting loop. but still my graphics hardware not usable though it detect and no hardware
    issue found.

rojymathew, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

win 10 boot looping after update

1. win 10 boot looping after update - Similar Threads - boot looping update

2. Loops on boot, after updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loops on boot, after updating.: I have a PC problem: my Dell Latitude 5401 lap-top now refuses to boot. It powers up for around 18 seconds and the Dell logo appears on the screen, but then it shuts down and repeats this cycle ad nauseam, without ever booting Windows 10, which just had been updated. I...
  3. Loops on boot, after updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loops on boot, after updating.: I have a PC problem: my Dell Latitude 5401 lap-top now refuses to boot. It powers up for around 18 seconds and the Dell logo appears on the screen, but then it shuts down and repeats this cycle ad nauseam, without ever booting Windows 10, which just had been updated. I...
  4. Loops on boot, after updating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Boot loop after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop after update.: So i had this problem for 4 days now and i really can't find anything on this.I can get into bios just fine but i can't get anywhere else, it would just shut off and restart the loop all over again...
  6. Boot loop after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop after update: My pc entered a boot loop after windows forced an update while I was AFK I've been clicking no every time it tries to update because I don't have enough room on my SSD for it to update and when I got back it just kept showing the windows logo, the swirling dots, and after...
  7. Win 10 boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 boot loop: Hey Microsoft, I just bought some RAM for my old Laptop which is Toshiba Satellite L655 with a core i3 370m and 4 GB of RAM. Now that I have bought myself some DDR3 1600 mhz 2x4GB of RAM after installing it I am stuck in a bootloop stating "kernel security check failure...
  8. Boot Loop After Win Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot Loop After Win Update: Today I updated to latest major win 10 update. But just it finished updating the updayes made my PC go on a boot loop which never boots to the desktop. I tried mamually restarting but the PC keeps boot looping. What do I do???!! 110436
  9. EMERGENCY - Boot Loop After Win Update

in Windows 10 Support
    EMERGENCY - Boot Loop After Win Update: Today I updated to latest major win 10 update. But just it finished updating the updayes made my PC go on a boot loop which never boots to the desktop. I tried mamually restarting but the PC keeps boot looping. What do I do???!! 110436
  10. PC in Boot loop after win 10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    PC in Boot loop after win 10 reinstall: My PC was running slow so I decided to try to reinstall windows 10 using the recovery in the control panel. After it set everything up and made sure there was room on the hard drive it installed but now when it hit the screen with the win10 logo and the spinning dots it...