Windows 10: Win 10 Boot Order

Discus and support Win 10 Boot Order in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just got my new Win 10 all setup and working very nicely. Concerned about the ability to boot using a usb or dvd device if there's ever hdd problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jak834, Sep 28, 2018.

1. jak834 Win User

Win 10 Boot Order

Just got my new Win 10 all setup and working very nicely. Concerned about the ability to boot using a usb or dvd device if there's ever hdd problems. My HP boot order shows

UEFI Boot Sources

Windows Boot Manager
    USB Floppy/CD
    USB Hard Drive
    ATAPI CD/DVD Drive
    Legacy Boot Sources : Disabled

So is Windows Boot Manager referring to the hdd?
    Should boot order in a comp be usb, dvd, hard drive? In case hdd isn't working?
    What does usb cd refer to? What is a usb hdd....the internal hdd or external? These descriptions above are
    confusing.

:)

jak834, Sep 28, 2018
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Sep 28, 2018
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

Interesting that it works on that oldie but goody laptop.

I don't notice any speed lags with Win-10 TP, but I'm using it on an i5-4670K system with an SSD for the boot drive, so it's snappy.

RealNeil, Sep 28, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Win 10 Boot Order

Boot Order?

Yes. From my experience, the boot order goes down that list of everything that is listed there. If none of the devices have anything to boot from, then yes, like Winuser said, the computer will state that there is no boot device.

pepanee, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Boot Order

1. Win 10 Boot Order - Similar Threads - Boot Order

2. Changed Boot order after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed Boot order after Windows 10 update: Afternoon, On Sunday I switch off my PC and had an update and shutdown option which I did. I then went out for several hours. We had a broadband failure for several days but the computer was properly off when I came to reboot so assume the update had completed before this....
  3. How to change the boot order for Dell Inspiron 5680?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the boot order for Dell Inspiron 5680?: How to change the boot order for Dell Inspiron 5680? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-the-boot-order-for-dell-inspiron/2ef44b6e-d1c4-4305-be3b-26ea4a99c99b
  4. How to Change Boot order without knowing the password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Change Boot order without knowing the password: My friend had her grandchildren mess up her computer She lost her administrator password. How can I find the administrator password to be able to reset the computer. Or, is there a way to bypass the required password. The Computer is running Windows 10....
  5. No boot priority order.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No boot priority order.: So I just got a new acer one 10 tablet the model is one S1003and when I enter the settings by pressing F2 while acer logo is there I get Main,Boot, and exit option only. I just wanted to get 64 bit on windows 10 because I have 32 bit windows 10 but there was no boot priority...
  6. After Cloning, orig. C & new C can't be selected in boot order

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    After Cloning, orig. C & new C can't be selected in boot order: I followed Acronis True Image 2017 instructions to clone my C: drive (Windows 10 Pro installation) to a larger SSD. When done, I turned off the computer, removed the original C: and replaced it with the new C: and then started up into the bios to change the boot order from...
  7. Boot Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Order?: Hello If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ? Will it “automatically” go to the second device (presumably a normal boot) ? Thanks, Bob 99882
  8. Leave UEFI boot order for USB first

in Windows 10 Support
    Leave UEFI boot order for USB first: Is there any negative if I decide to leave my boot order so USB disk is first? Except for the obvious, that if a bootable device is installed it will boot, but for normal everyday use, I'd like to leave it set this way. Makes it a lot easier when I want to boot up my Acronis...
  9. Windows Doesn't boot without boot disk. Changes the boot order no luck

Windows Doesn't boot without boot disk. Changes the boot order no luck: Did a re install with boot disk, not when the computers boots, its asking for the boot disk. I tried changing the startup order in the Bios having the HDD with windows installed on it as the First, but it still will not load without the boot disk. 103288
  10. Unknown device in boot order

Unknown device in boot order: Hallo i have an asrock z97 motherboard in uefi mode with windows 10. In boot order menu in bios menu it lists windows boot manager, dvd rom, hdd and a boot entry that is says unknown device. So when i boot in my system i used the command bcdedit /enum firmware and i have...