Windows 10: Win 10 Boot Order

Discus and support Win 10 Boot Order in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just got my new Win 10 all setup and working very nicely. Concerned about the ability to boot using a usb or dvd device if there's ever hdd problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jak834, Sep 28, 2018.

1. jak834 Win User

Win 10 Boot Order

Just got my new Win 10 all setup and working very nicely. Concerned about the ability to boot using a usb or dvd device if there's ever hdd problems. My HP boot order shows

UEFI Boot Sources

Windows Boot Manager
    USB Floppy/CD
    USB Hard Drive
    ATAPI CD/DVD Drive
    Legacy Boot Sources : Disabled

So is Windows Boot Manager referring to the hdd?
    Should boot order in a comp be usb, dvd, hard drive? In case hdd isn't working?
    What does usb cd refer to? What is a usb hdd....the internal hdd or external? These descriptions above are
    confusing.

:)

jak834, Sep 28, 2018
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Sep 28, 2018
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

Interesting that it works on that oldie but goody laptop.

I don't notice any speed lags with Win-10 TP, but I'm using it on an i5-4670K system with an SSD for the boot drive, so it's snappy.

RealNeil, Sep 28, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Win 10 Boot Order

Boot Order?

Yes. From my experience, the boot order goes down that list of everything that is listed there. If none of the devices have anything to boot from, then yes, like Winuser said, the computer will state that there is no boot device.

pepanee, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Boot Order

1. Win 10 Boot Order - Similar Threads - Boot Order

2. Unable to change boot order whie trying to install windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change boot order whie trying to install windows: I am trying to change boot order to USB for windows installation on my hp 250 g4 notebook PC. But I am unable to change selection(as there is an arrow with OS boot manager option) even though I can change the order....
  3. I can't find my USB flash drive in the boot order settings.

I can't find my USB flash drive in the boot order settings.: The only things listed there are: CD/DVD USB CD/DVD Hard Disk : Windows Boot Manager (ADATA SX6000NP) USB Hard Disk Network : UEFI : PXE IP4 KIller PCIe Network Controller Disabled And because of that, the only options I can boot into is the network and the Hard Disk....
  4. Correct boot order for USB stick

Correct boot order for USB stick: Hello. Im having a problem booting into my USB stick from my BIOS. Im not sure what correct boot order for an USB stick is.. Im using an MSI B250M PRO-VDH Motherboard. My current boot order is like this: [ATTACH]My USB name is INTENSO [ATTACH]When I try to boot from my...
  5. On a Lenovo with Win 10, how do you boot with the configuration for drive order change

On a Lenovo with Win 10, how do you boot with the configuration for drive order change: I am using a LENOVO ThinkCenter M Series. I have tried most of the typical key sequences to bring up the computer configuration so it will boot on the CD/DVD drive. Somehow getting older and using different computers this has never been a problem. Usually it was hitting the...
  6. How do I enter bios to change boot order on Toshiba Tecra? Esc/f1/f2/f12 do not work..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I enter bios to change boot order on Toshiba Tecra? Esc/f1/f2/f12 do not work..: I need help with a clean install on my Tecra A11 as Windows 10 is seriously corrupted. Microsoft support have helped set me up a bootable usb with clean install data but now I cannot enter BIOS to change the boot order. There are multiple access issues e.g: I cannot do...
  7. change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint

in Windows 10 Customization
    change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint: how do i make windows 10 default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-dual-boot-order-windows-10-and-linux-mint/e68b3b6e-18b8-4fd9-9407-9d2bd94c3f37
  8. UEFI boot order of disks is not correct

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI boot order of disks is not correct: I am confused. My machine, MSI Titan GT80S SLI "Skylake" sometimes takes over a min to boot and sometimes just 30 seconds, weird. I wonder if the boot sequences as defined in UEFI has something to do with it. The boot order does not look right. The first disk that appears...
  9. Disk boot order not correct in UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk boot order not correct in UEFI: My machine, MSI Titan GT80S SLI "Skylake" sometimes takes over a min to boot and sometimes just 30 seconds, weird. I wonder if the boot sequences as defined in UEFI has something to do with it. It does not look right. The first disk that appears there, 860 EVO, is not the...
  10. UEFI Boot Order: OS Installation through PXE

UEFI Boot Order: OS Installation through PXE: I have query regarding UEFI boot order change after OS installation. I want to know whether the result is expected or not. I am trying to install OS through PXE by following the below procedure: 1. In BIOS setup page, changed the UEFI boot order and set the network...