Windows 10: Win 10 Boot Order

Discus and support Win 10 Boot Order in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just got my new Win 10 all setup and working very nicely. Concerned about the ability to boot using a usb or dvd device if there's ever hdd problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jak834, Sep 28, 2018.

1. jak834 Win User

Win 10 Boot Order

Just got my new Win 10 all setup and working very nicely. Concerned about the ability to boot using a usb or dvd device if there's ever hdd problems. My HP boot order shows

UEFI Boot Sources

Windows Boot Manager
    USB Floppy/CD
    USB Hard Drive
    ATAPI CD/DVD Drive
    Legacy Boot Sources : Disabled

So is Windows Boot Manager referring to the hdd?
    Should boot order in a comp be usb, dvd, hard drive? In case hdd isn't working?
    What does usb cd refer to? What is a usb hdd....the internal hdd or external? These descriptions above are
    confusing.

:)

jak834, Sep 28, 2018
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Sep 28, 2018
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

Interesting that it works on that oldie but goody laptop.

I don't notice any speed lags with Win-10 TP, but I'm using it on an i5-4670K system with an SSD for the boot drive, so it's snappy.

RealNeil, Sep 28, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Win 10 Boot Order

Boot Order?

Yes. From my experience, the boot order goes down that list of everything that is listed there. If none of the devices have anything to boot from, then yes, like Winuser said, the computer will state that there is no boot device.

pepanee, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Boot Order

1. Win 10 Boot Order - Similar Threads - Boot Order

2. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find boot priority order in bios menu: I got an SSDc installed in my laptop which is the main drive now with the os. I wanted to switch back to a different drived as main boot priority. I even migrated os from C to D successfully but, in the bios menu all I see is:Boot mode UEFIFast bootPXE Boot to lanIPV4 PXE...
  3. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find boot priority order in bios menu: I got an SSDc installed in my laptop which is the main drive now with the os. I wanted to switch back to a different drived as main boot priority. I even migrated os from C to D successfully but, in the bios menu all I see is:Boot mode UEFIFast bootPXE Boot to lanIPV4 PXE...
  4. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  6. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  7. how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order: My windows 11 has developed a fault in the Bios start up order by using IP4 and IP6 rather than the ssd installed.I wish to reorder thm but cannot access the bios menue...
  8. how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order

how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order: My windows 11 has developed a fault in the Bios start up order by using IP4 and IP6 rather than the ssd installed.I wish to reorder thm but cannot access the bios menue...
  9. How can I get my other hard drives back on the boot order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my other hard drives back on the boot order?: I was trying to update to windows 11. I was trying to switch from legacy to UEFI. Now my computer is stuck in a bios loop. The only thing showing in my boot sequence is windows boot manager. I think I just need my other drives to boot and I will be alright, but I have no idea...
  10. How can I get my other hard drives back on the boot order?

How can I get my other hard drives back on the boot order?: I was trying to update to windows 11. I was trying to switch from legacy to UEFI. Now my computer is stuck in a bios loop. The only thing showing in my boot sequence is windows boot manager. I think I just need my other drives to boot and I will be alright, but I have no idea...