Windows 10: Win 10 Bricked AFTER MS support

Discus and support Win 10 Bricked AFTER MS support in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Like many victims, I too woke one day to find Win 10 installed on my Ltop. I didn't use it much because I am not comfortable being monitored 24/7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shaela, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Shaela Win User

Win 10 Bricked AFTER MS support

Like many victims, I too woke one day to find Win 10 installed on my Ltop.

I didn't use it much because I am not comfortable being monitored 24/7.

You may wish to skip the "DETAILS" and jump down to the text in orange at the bottom.

[START DETAILS]

Last week, I turned it on and was greeted with a update (like it or not) and "wait". Finally, after about 20 minutes, I had their LTop back . I call it theirs because I haven't yet been able to get any use of it.

I used it to check email on one account via webmail. Not finding the email I wanted, I shut down their Ltop - and was again greeted with the fact I wasn't permitted to shut down and leave yet because it was going to perform another update. No telling how long it would be, I walked away from it. Returning an hour later, the Ltop was off.

I turned it on again, and was greeted with a message to Repair or Turn it Off. Repair???? As there is only one real choice, I selected "Repair". After several hours, it reached 100% and blinked off, then on then said "Windows could not repair this computer". Options to Repair, Shutdown, install, install from...."

I contacted support (hahahahahaha) and was ordered to run the repair - again.

After 5 days of back and forth:

• Agent: Maybe a update will help, so I want you to download from this link (spoken and I wrote it down). You will install this tyo a flash drive and boot from the flash drive.
      I had to run out and buy the flash drive. Downloaded the .iso file and installed it on the FD.
      I called back as I needed assistance in uncompromising ISO to FD, and got that help. THEN....

• ME: I've booted the FD, it is looking at installing to which drive?
    • AGENT: Install to the largest partition.
    • ME: I do NOT want to lose all my data!
    • AGENT: You won't lose your data - guaranteed. Your data will be in a folder called Windows.old
      The only thing you lose will be the program you installed. You will need to reinstall those. Everything - your personal data, will be in folder windows.old
    • ME: I've done this in the past and I'm sure this will format and I lose everything:
    • AGENT: (becoming agitated) I understand your concern - but I said your data will be in windows.old folder.
    • ME: You mean my documents, pictures, and contacts will be saved?
    • AGENT: Yes. What does it say now?
    • ME: There are 2 options Install or ...
    • AGENT: (interupting) Click install.
    • ME: OK, I clicked Install. (brief discussion about how long it will take).
    • AGENT: When it is completed, you will need to reinstall your programs. Your data will be in windows.old.
    • Call ended.

On restart, I had to dodge the join-the-Microsoft-Collective bullets, but during the new setup, I named the Ltop "Tosh10", a "computer name" not used before on it. I disabled Cortana from peaking at everything, and made it to the desktop in a symbiotic semblance of a mild form of privacy.

I checked the folder. The only user in windows.old/ is Tosh10 - this new set up! Devoid of docs, pics, contacts - everything! -GONE!

I have checked every folder - nothing!

I called back. Short form - I was told the agent "misguided" me, and that there is no way of getting the data back. I was asked:

• AGENT: The agents you spoke to must have told you to back it up first.
    • ME: They did NOT - in fact they used the word "guaranteed" it will be in your windows.old folder. Anyway, back it up first - "How does one back up a laptop when the O/S repair system can't even repair it's repair program, so I may back it"?
      AGENT: You should have taken it to a Microsoft repair and have them back it up. (sounding like a ambulance-chasing lawyer now or a rat on a sinking ship?)
      I will speak to my supervisor. (after 5 minuets) Agent returned and said that my data was gone and there was nothing he could do except "I can give you the address of the nearest Microsoft store ... "
    • ME: Interrupting - I don't want to buy another computer just so Microsoft can stalk my Internet travels. I just want my pictures. My son's wedding picture are on there - WERE on there before Microsoft's famous or I should say Infamous perverted stalker you call Windows 10 - thanks a lot for the 01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111 BRICK! and I bid the agent goodbye and hung up.

[END DETAILS]

DO NOT TRUST Microsoft's "guaranteed". Do NOT trust their "support" agents. Trust YOUR instincts! Trust the 14 year old kid down the street, or the geek on Facebook, or your great Aunt, or in your version of a God, or ask your neighbours garden gnome but DO NOT TRUST Microsoft! They can, they are permitted to, ruin your devices and there is SFA you can do about it. Even posts like this will be deleted - to hide their shame perhaps?

Wake up Microsoft and take a little responsibility for the actions of your "agents". Especially when you won't let us deny your device-busting updates! Too big to care - too big to reach - but will fall a million times harder and when that days comes, I'll be at the front row applauding.

i

TROLLS and Microsofties take note: The text at the bottom of this form says ..."like to share an opinion?" so, it's an opinion based on facts surrounding the bricking of my computer buy so-called Microsoft technical support. If you want to defend Microsoft, do it with your own opinion in your own "Post a discussion".

:)

Shaela, Dec 11, 2018

2. Why does the Bricks Game not work in Win 10?

Bricks is a simple but fun MS-DOS game that ran under Win 7. I have upgraded to Win 10. It no longer works even when compatibility is lowered to Win XP SP3. Why not? Is there a new version that will work?

Larry Bates, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Win 10 Bricked AFTER MS support

B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Bricked AFTER MS support

1. Win 10 Bricked AFTER MS support - Similar Threads - Bricked support

2. I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...: My sweet computer finally bricked and I've dual installed windows 11 on my laptop. My previous computer offered me, since I had my Windows 10 license, a free Windows 11 upgrade, but the HW specifically the CPU didn't allow for it. Today I have installed Windows 11 and have...
  3. I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...: My sweet computer finally bricked and I've dual installed windows 11 on my laptop. My previous computer offered me, since I had my Windows 10 license, a free Windows 11 upgrade, but the HW specifically the CPU didn't allow for it. Today I have installed Windows 11 and have...
  4. NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death: Yesterdday morning, on latest Windows 10 version, eveyrthing worked great. I shut the computer off, and turned it on again several hours later to receive the logo on start up and then a black screen of death, with monitor showcasing "No Signal". - Monitor is not the problem,...
  5. NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death

NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death: Yesterdday morning, on latest Windows 10 version, eveyrthing worked great. I shut the computer off, and turned it on again several hours later to receive the logo on start up and then a black screen of death, with monitor showcasing "No Signal". - Monitor is not the problem,...
  6. NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I accidentally bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally bricked my laptop.: I accidentally bricked my laptop. It was running slow and taking forever to boot. I went through msconfig several times and got fed-up and unchecked all of the startup services. No all I get is a black screen. I restarted it to the command prompt an was able to start msconfig...
  8. I accidentally bricked my laptop.

I accidentally bricked my laptop.: I accidentally bricked my laptop. It was running slow and taking forever to boot. I went through msconfig several times and got fed-up and unchecked all of the startup services. No all I get is a black screen. I restarted it to the command prompt an was able to start msconfig...
  9. I accidentally bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Which of these updates bricked AMD Radeon Support?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which of these updates bricked AMD Radeon Support?: the 2004 update caused my radeon to not work. Furthermore i tried to reinstall-corruption happens, right? The installer crashed upon appearing. Radeon is no longer supported. Which of these 4 is causing the problem? [ATTACH] Please help. I don't know which one did it....