Windows 10: Win 10 BSOD - Previous BSOD culprit was GPU, replaced GPU and still same issue?

Discus and support Win 10 BSOD - Previous BSOD culprit was GPU, replaced GPU and still same issue? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Prior post - [ATTACH] BSOD help win 10 please Been struggling for the last month trying to diagnose what specifically is causing the crash. Always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sorn, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Sorn Win User

Win 10 BSOD - Previous BSOD culprit was GPU, replaced GPU and still same issue?

Prior post -

Win 10 BSOD - Previous BSOD culprit was GPU, replaced GPU and still same issue? logo.og.png
    BSOD help win 10 please

Been struggling for the last month trying to diagnose what specifically is causing the crash. Always the same symptom....OS will freeze for about 30 seconds then BSOD after kernel timeout. Happens most day's so any crash logs from 11/20-12/2 (today) should accurately reflect the current issue...
    Win 10 BSOD - Previous BSOD culprit was GPU, replaced GPU and still same issue? [​IMG] windowsforum.com

Essentially just need to know is the new BSOD also caused by the new GPU? Thats a head scratcher if so.

Here's the new log - BEAST-(2020-01-04_11-32-34).zip

Sorn, Jan 4, 2020

2. BSOD after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU.

Whenever my NVIDIA GPU and the Intel GPU are activated, and the NVIDIA GPU isn't under stress for about 5 minutes, (by "under stress" I mean using programs that require detailed graphics and a lot of graphical processing) the BSOD will appear showing the
    message error "NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE".

Somehow I've tackled the issue of the BSOD by deactivating the NVIDIA GPU and solely use the Intel GPU, whenever I feel the NVIDIA GPU isn't required for my actions.

Even so, it is annoying to have to activate/deactivate the NVIDIA everytime i need it.

I have already used programs such as WhoCrashed and BlueScreeView to understand better the causes of these crashes. Those programs say that the leading cause of the BSOD are the files "hal.dll", "ntoskrnl.exe" and "PSHED.dll".

I would like to know if there is a way to correct these errors and how should I proceed to correct them.

My laptop specs are:

Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-79XK

CPU: Intel i7-8750H

GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050

RAM: 16GB

Luís AserPortela, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Frequent BSOD's, possibly MB/GPU related

Have had frequent BSOD's for an extended period of time, which seem to be hardware related seeing as they have persisted through multiple OS installs as well as driver reinstalls. BSOD's occur when browsing online as well as when gaming, with visual artifacting
    followed by BSOD when the GPU hits 70 degrees celsius in games, no pattern for BSOD's when browsing online. Error codes have often referred to drivers, page files, threads, many USB related errors, and general exceptions. A full list of dumps from the past
    month have been compiled into the rar file available at the following link: http://1drv.ms/1Ri6XWx

Expecting to have to replace my motherboard or graphics card, just not sure which (or maybe both) is the issue. Memtest86 and Chkdsk showed no errors, and substituting RAM had no impact.

Thanks in Advance,

Tom Angus

Thomas Angus, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Win 10 BSOD - Previous BSOD culprit was GPU, replaced GPU and still same issue?

having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 BSOD - Previous BSOD culprit was GPU, replaced GPU and still same issue?

1. Win 10 BSOD - Previous BSOD culprit was GPU, replaced GPU and still same issue? - Similar Threads - BSOD Previous BSOD

2. BSOD From GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD From GPU Drivers: When I reinstalled my GPU Drivers, my PC always blue screens with various causes every time. I can not start up and get 2 seconds into windows.After some experimenting, I found that I could only have one stick of RAM in my PC in the second slot and it works just fine. I got a...
  3. BSOD From GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD From GPU Drivers: When I reinstalled my GPU Drivers, my PC always blue screens with various causes every time. I can not start up and get 2 seconds into windows.After some experimenting, I found that I could only have one stick of RAM in my PC in the second slot and it works just fine. I got a...
  4. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  5. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  6. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD when stressing gpu

BSOD when stressing gpu: Recently i have been getting BSOD while playing games So i stress tested my laptop gpu The Temperature is always 70-80 C But after a while i hear glitching in sounda And suddenly everything freezes and the BSOD appears Everything is updated drivers, windows, everything My...
  8. Windows BSOD booting with GPU

Windows BSOD booting with GPU: Trying to boot with my Nvidia/Asus 1080ti, I get immediate BSOD. System doesn't go any further. I've got 3 different codes on different occasions: Page fault in nonpaged area System thread exception not handled Video tdr failure Without the GPU Windows boots normally...
  9. BSOD since GPU shorted

BSOD since GPU shorted: Hello, a week ago, a mistake while cleaning made me spill water on my computer, which shorted my GPU. I swapped to another GPU Sapphire HD 7970 which i borrowed from someone, and since then i started having frequent 1-5 a day BSODdrivers where installed after using display...
  10. GPU Related BSOD

GPU Related BSOD: Hi, I am getting some weird BSODs or freezes. One of them occurs randomly when i open up GPU-Z, i have tried to see if anyone else suffer from this, and apparently no one does. For me it's just, i can open it 40 times, and one of them might cause a total freeze. Think...