Windows 10: Win 10 BSOD when accessing USB thumb drives

Discus and support Win 10 BSOD when accessing USB thumb drives in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I can't find any threads on the Internet about this problem. After 20h2 update my Win10 crashes to BSOD every time I try to write anything on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adrian255, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Adrian255 Win User

Win 10 BSOD when accessing USB thumb drives

Hi,

I can't find any threads on the Internet about this problem. After 20h2 update my Win10 crashes to BSOD every time I try to write anything on my thumbdrive with this error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8022aa2b340, 0xffff9a099be3e800, 0x0000000000000000.

Now, I've tried multiple capacities and multiple vendors Kingston, EMTEC, SanDisk all with the same result. My Win USB drivers are up-to-date.

I am surprised there si no information abut this problem or at least I can't find any because this is happening on my desktop MSI B360 - Intel Chipset and on my two Lenovo ThinkPad laptops as well. My friends with their laptops have the same problem mostly Lenovos but not all of them.

I tried to reinstall one of the ThinkPads and kept the 1909 build of Win10 which solved the problem but that is not a long term solution. I hoped for an update that would fix this but it has been a few months and no update has addressed this problem yet.

Any advice?

:)

Adrian255, Apr 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 : USB thumb drives are unusable

I have a Windows 10 Pro (v.1703) laptop that denies writing of data to usb thumb drives.

I've tried several drives and all behave the same:

The OS sees the drive and can read data written to it by Windows 7 computers.

The drive can be formatted by Windows 10.

Attempts to write data to the drive result in this error :

Destination Folder Access Denied.

I AM an admin on this computer yet some additional admin rights are required to

write to the USB drive. I am never prompted for credentials.

I can find no tool with which to grant the necessary rights, so rendering all usb

thumb drives incompatible with this computer.

I have tried many solutions (RegEdits, etc) to this rather disasterous issue and none have

been effective.

Frustrating indeed.

Any suggestions ?

Sean Nelson (snelson), Apr 10, 2021
  3. Location to access USB for opening a inserted thumb drive

See steps how to open and access the contents of your thumb drive:

Win 10 BSOD when accessing USB thumb drives cbed0d27-e01f-49ff-8822-11474d7101e0?upload=true.png

Andre for Directly, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 10 BSOD when accessing USB thumb drives - Similar Threads - BSOD accessing USB

2. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  3. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  4. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  5. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  6. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win 10 Upgrade thumb-drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Upgrade thumb-drive: I was using a Windows 10 Installation media to upgrade a different pc. At step 5 of the Create Installation Media, I selected a 8gb thumb-drive and the process began to download. At about the 50% stage, the process stopped. I waited for three house, but it still remained at...
  8. USB thumb drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB thumb drives: Sorry not really a w10 issue but how much actual data should I expect to get from a 32g drive? I just bought one and it is only 28.6 should I return it? I contacted Sandisk and this is what they said; Thank you for contacting SanDisk® Global Customer Support. I understand...
  9. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  10. BSOD while trying to Eject a USB Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while trying to Eject a USB Thumb Drive: I was trying to remove a USB Thumb Drive, and that's when it crashed. Also, when it booted back up after the crash, it said there was a problem with my antivirus. My antivirus is working though. If this crash pertains to a driver, please note that I installed the latest...