Windows 10: Win 10 build 1803 and 1804 can't share a network drive?

Discus and support Win 10 build 1803 and 1804 can't share a network drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a drive network shared on a win 10 PC build 1803. My other PC with build 1804 can not see the drive. I have two other PCs build 1803 that can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David9723, Nov 4, 2018.

1. David9723 Win User

Win 10 build 1803 and 1804 can't share a network drive?

I have a drive network shared on a win 10 PC build 1803. My other PC with build 1804 can not see the drive.

I have two other PCs build 1803 that can see it just fine. What did MS do to build 1804? I have SMB 1.0 turned on network discovery on with no luck, i have pretty much copied the settings on a PC that can see the drive and it will not show.

Also have synology NAS and ALL my PCs can see that.

*Huh

:)

David9723, Nov 4, 2018
  2. RodMSC3# Win User

Can't connect to shared network drive

Here is the answer to your questions below:

The only change that was done to the computers before the problem began was the Windows update. All of the computers now have Windows 10 Version 1803 (Build 17134.228).

I tried the Network & Sharing Center steps you suggested below. However, four out of the five computers including the host of the shared drives do not have the Power Management tab in the Configure window. They only have General, Advanced, Driver, Details,
    and Events tabs.

I was very hopeful that your suggestion about the turn off to save power setting would be the solution. What's next?

Rod

If you're able to remember, can you tell us the last changes that were done before the issue happened (Update, software installation, ETC)? What is the current exact version of your Windows 10? To check:

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.

Meanwhile, please perform the following:

1. Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    2. At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    3. Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    4. Click the Configure... button.
    5. Go to Power Management tab.
    6. Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".
    7. Restart the PC (Important)

Please feel free to get back, so we can continue.

RodMSC3#, Nov 4, 2018
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 4, 2018
  4. RodMSC3# Win User

Can't connect to shared network drive

After the last Windows 10 update (1803), our five Windows 10 Pro computers which are in a WORKGROUP local network (no domain) keep loosing their connection to two shared network drives on one of the computers. Usually by restarting their computer (sometimes
    multiple times) they can see the shared drives. Also, the following steps almost always fix the problem but again it only lasts for a day or two or sometimes a few hours.

1. Close all running programs.
    2. Click on Start Menu and then rt-click on This PC and choose Properties.
    3. Click on “Advanced System Settings” on the left side of the window.
    4. Click on Computer Name tab.
    5. Click on Network ID button.
    6. Accept the default of “This computer is part of a business network”.
    7. Click on the Next button.
    8. Change the setting to “My computer uses a network without a domain”.
    9. Accept the default workgroup name of “WORKGROUP”.
    10. Click on Next button.

11. Click on Finish button.

12. Click on OK.

13. Restart the computer.

Also restarting the computer which hosts the shared drives also doesn't seen to solve the problem for more than a few hours.

Thanks very much for any help.

RodMSC3#, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 build 1803 and 1804 can't share a network drive? - Similar Threads - build 1803 1804

2. Can't copy to shared network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't copy to shared network drive: I have a NAS drive that two Win 10 computers can write to with no problem but a Win 11 computer gives me a 0x80070026 Reached the end of the file when I try to copy or save anything to it. Strange thing about it is some programs will save a file to this drive with no problem...
  3. Can't copy to shared network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't copy to shared network drive: I have a NAS drive that two Win 10 computers can write to with no problem but a Win 11 computer gives me a 0x80070026 Reached the end of the file when I try to copy or save anything to it. Strange thing about it is some programs will save a file to this drive with no problem...
  4. Can't access a shared network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access a shared network drive: I have a Windows desktop system here to which I need to connect my two Windows laptops. Laptop1 connects fine but laptop2 returns an error to the effect that I need permission to access that system. But obviously I've done everything on the desktop system that needs to be...
  5. Share entire drive in 1803?

Share entire drive in 1803?: I've read a lot of threads and articles on the weird new sharing principles in Win 10 v.1803. I've managed to be able to share individual folders successfully, but I'm still stuck when it comes to sharing the entire drive. When I try to do so via the only available option...
  6. Network shares not working on 1803

Network shares not working on 1803: I have three machines on my network and mainly used the printer share. Two of them are on Windows 10 Pro and one on Windows 7 Home Premium. They all used to belong to a single homegroup which was set up on one of the Windows 10 Pro machines. After the 1803 update on both...
  7. Surface Laptop, Win 10, build 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop, Win 10, build 1803: If I do a Windows reinstall from my computer will it change any system settings or policies to original configurations? If not, how would I accomplish the task?...
  8. windows 10 build 1803 network answer

windows 10 build 1803 network answer: well it seems no one wants to know the solution so will keep it to myself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-build-1803-network-answer/f4de2885-b16a-4aa4-a491-7c72ec02f7cc
  9. Build 10041 can't access win 8.1 shares

Build 10041 can't access win 8.1 shares: Since I updated to 10041 I can not get to my 8.1 notebook shares. No problem with access to the notebook from my Vista system and 10041 can access Vista and Mybooklive shares as before. When trying to access the notebook I get a Windows Security window asking me to enter...
  10. Win 10 Network sharing failure

Win 10 Network sharing failure: Hi For some reason this has stopped working as expected (I think) after creator's update on PC had to be applied manually as automated update kept failing. I am trying to share specific folders between laptop and pc which was working fine before and I was able to see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows version 1803 does not allow network drive shares