Windows 10: Win 10 Build 1809 did NOT solve the system image problem in backup!

Discus and support Win 10 Build 1809 did NOT solve the system image problem in backup! in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I was told 1809 would fix the issue with creating and image in backup but it didn't! Now what? Do I really have to buy some third party software to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by RonHarsh, Dec 13, 2018.

1. RonHarsh Win User

Win 10 Build 1809 did NOT solve the system image problem in backup!

I was told 1809 would fix the issue with creating and image in backup but it didn't! Now what? Do I really have to buy some third party software to protect my system?

:)

RonHarsh, Dec 13, 2018

2. win 10 and system image

Hi James,

To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow the steps on these links:

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Dec 13, 2018
  3. rcglider Win User
    Win 10 repair disk unable to find Win 10 system image backup

As a workaround to this issue, I have verified that by doing a system image backup from Win 7 and adding the Win 10 partition to the list of partitions (the Win 10 partition appears to be a "data" partition from Win 7 perspective) to be backed up by the
    Win 7 system image backup, I can then restore both Win 7 and Win 10 partitions. The main drawback is I have to restore the Win 7 partition in order to restore the Win 10 partition. I can choose to only restore the Win 7 partition, but not to only restore the
    Win 10 partition.

As a side note, if I restore a Win 7 image backup made before I installed Win 10, then there's no option to restore "Windows 10" from either Win 10 or Win 7 repair. I'm wondering if or how a Win 10 repair would function if restoring to a replaced hard drive.
    If all of the partitions on a hard drive are included during a system image backup, then system image restore is supposed to be able to partition and format a hard drive as part of the repair restore. I have the impression that Win 7 repair restore can do
    this, but I'm not sure if Win 10 repair restore can do this.

rcglider, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Win 10 Build 1809 did NOT solve the system image problem in backup!

System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Build 1809 did NOT solve the system image problem in backup!

1. Win 10 Build 1809 did NOT solve the system image problem in backup! - Similar Threads - Build 1809 did

2. Win 10 System Image Backup Problem In A Drive With Multi-NTFS Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 System Image Backup Problem In A Drive With Multi-NTFS Partitions: Previous posted question was buried in the sea of questions and not being noticed and no replies, here I am trying again.Win 10 "Create System Image" from "Backup and Restore Windows 7" had been very reliable and had been successfully restored many times for my different PCs....
  3. Backup and System Image failure - caused by .VHD conflict... solved?

Backup and System Image failure - caused by .VHD conflict... solved?: I discovered that after the forced update to Windows 10 my Backups have been failing. Also cannot create a System Image. I get the error message that many others have asked about - that the system finds Virtual Hard Disk files that are compressed, encrypted, or sparse. But...
  4. Win 10 Image BackUp

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win 10 Image BackUp: Currently I'm running Win 10 on a portable HDD and would like to create an image of it but when I go to "Backup and Restore" window I get the following: This feature is not available in a portable workstation environment. 163658
  5. System image backup

System image backup: I have a windows 10 pro PC and I recently replaced my main 2TB HD with a 3TB using GPT and cloned my drive with no problem, I also installed a 3TB drive and formatted it using GPT as a way of doing a system image, which I had previously gone to a 2TB HD. Since this change...
  6. SYSTEM IMAGE aka SYSTEM BACKUP - WINDOWS 10 BUILD 2004

SYSTEM IMAGE aka SYSTEM BACKUP - WINDOWS 10 BUILD 2004: Hey guys & Gals For folks on @windows 10 Build 2004, who create system images for backup, if you find yourself in a jam due to SDD volume manager & TRIM, use @powershell with Administrative Rights for the system image creation below...@MSFTMechanics For Network based System...
  7. 1809 has fixed the native system image backup issue

1809 has fixed the native system image backup issue: Just did a system image backup on my 32 bit Windows 10 version1809 using the native File History method. It works. Backup successfully. Apparently 1809 version has fixed the issue where the 32-bit system was unable to do system image backup using the built-in method....
  8. Image Backup - Win 10

Image Backup - Win 10: I may be the first one to do it, or maybe not. But just a reminder to everyone (who did hard installation on SSDs and HDDs). All of us here have just clean installed the Win 10 Tech Preview. If it's running okay now, before you go any further messing it up and before bugs...
  9. Can not Backup or system image, Win 10

Can not Backup or system image, Win 10: I have had win 10 on my laptop 5 months or so being upgraded from win 8, 8.1 etc. In this time I have not been able to backup to my (eSATA) external HD. I need to do some program work so I want to back up before going ahead. Before someone says use this or that backup program...
  10. Cannot Backup or system image, Win 10

Cannot Backup or system image, Win 10: I've recently upgraded 8.1 to 10. Things seemed somewhat okay but before I try to do anything with programs, etc., I want to back up and also make a system image to an external drive. This will not happen, I get error codes, 0x807800c5 and 0x80780081. I do not want to resort...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windwos 10 version 1809 giving error on creating system image

2. restore partition win 10 1809

3. build 1809 breaks backup

4. create system image win 1809,
  5. how to make a system image win 10 1809,
  6. windows 1809 image backup