Windows 10: win 10 calendar app stuck on add account [solved]

Discus and support win 10 calendar app stuck on add account [solved] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; solution below https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-calendar-app-stuck-on-add-account-solved/91603df2-fa4d-4c6e-a602-f5675b6227dd Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johnetdzsjkx, Jun 25, 2020.

1. win 10 calendar app stuck on add account [solved]

solution below

:)

johnetdzsjkx, Jun 25, 2020

2. Mail and Calendar app stuck on Creating account

All,
    My Mail and Calendar app has failed to work since this morning.
    It stopped receiving any mail this morning, with the reset of the mail app pretty much making it useless.

win 10 calendar app stuck on add account [solved] [​IMG]

I have reset the app, restarted the computer and now the next step if it has to happen, a FULL reset of the computer.
    Is there any problems with the way Gmail has been set up today?
    I am running Windows 10 1903 x64 on a Lenovo 330-15ikb.
    Thanks

tornadosurvivor, Jun 25, 2020
  3. chok Win User
    Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

Many users I have the same problem on windows 10

The calendar was working but was (maybe) buggy. So I log off from my calendar Gmail account then I tried to reenabled it. But the app get stuck on "creating account".

I tried:

+ to (un)install the calendar (using the UI, then PowerShell as admin), and rebooting. (so I used the last updated app)

+ I waited: I tried again days after days.

+ I posted the problem on the feedback hub, and on the MS store.

+ The email of my google account is the same than the email MS/edge account. Since the calendar works with the MS/edge account (I can add events though it) I also tried to logout from it, and login again, but it did not solve the issue.

+ I also check the permission (by clicking the mail app in start menu, choose app settings. It seems fine:

+ I tried resetting the app (cf. above)

Nothing worked.

It could be a cache file somewhere that needs to be deleted (maybe some file of the Gmail account has not been properly disconnected/deleted so it can't create a new one).

Any idea?

4. chok Win User

win 10 calendar app stuck on add account [solved]

Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

No, there is no email listed on Email and Accounts. (And I get the same problem when I try to add my gmail adress (or another), it connect to gmail, then ask for permission, then the windows popup "creating account" get stuck).

https://i.imgur.com/5QMiZdS.png

ps: since I use the same email to connect with edge (the one show on the screenshot above in "account used by other apps"), I removed it but it did not solve the issue.
    - - - Updated - - -

No it isn't (it's not that easy ;-) ). Cf my last answer.

Thank you guys for your perseverance!

I guess the gmail account hasn't been completely deleted, windows or the app messed up somewhere.

Thema:

win 10 calendar app stuck on add account [solved]

1. win 10 calendar app stuck on add account [solved] - Similar Threads - calendar app stuck

2. Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Calendar and Google Calendar - Can't Add Google Account Stuck at "Creating Account": I am trying to add my google calendar into windows 10 calendar. I add my google email and password and agree to the terms and then the application just gets completely stuck at Add an account "creating account". I uninstalled the windows 10 calendar app and still get the same...
  3. win 10 calendar app stuck on add account

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 calendar app stuck on add account: anyone knows how to pass this step? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-calendar-app-stuck-on-add-account/91603df2-fa4d-4c6e-a602-f5675b6227dd
  4. Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail: Many users I have the same problem on windows 10 [img] The calendar was working but was (maybe) buggy. So I log off from my calendar Gmail account then I tried to reenabled it. But the app get stuck on "creating account". I tried: + to (un)install the calendar (using...
  5. Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

in Windows 10 Support
    Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail: Many users I have the same problem on windows 10 [img] The calendar was working but was (maybe) buggy. So I log off from my calendar Gmail account then I tried to reenabled it. But the app get stuck on "creating account". I tried: + to (un)install the calendar (using...
  6. Unable to add iCloud account to Windows 10 Calendar app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add iCloud account to Windows 10 Calendar app: I am currently trying to no avail to add my iCloud account to the W10 Calendar app and sync my activities, however it seems I'm stuck with an issue that keeps occurring and prevents me from even adding the account to the application. Having 2-factor authentication on for my...
  7. Win 10 app Calendar

Win 10 app Calendar: Using Surface 4 with WIN 10 and Calendar app from original set up. After few month my personal notes disappears. I need some of them from the past. Note on the top of calendar: There are available with your account provider. Outlook support is not able to help me....
  8. Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

Unable to add gmail account to calendar app: Hi, I have a problem with the calendar app. I want to connect a certain one of my two Gmail accounts to the calendar app. When I click the settings button then 'manage account', I can see that my Gmail account is connected. However, when I look at the calendars, it says I...
  9. win 10 mail app stuck on add account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    win 10 mail app stuck on add account: L have tried resetting email app also removed and reinstalled app to no avail. When I enter any of my email addresses, the app says email address is already in use. Anyone have any other ideas...
  10. Native calendar app, add entries with no account

Native calendar app, add entries with no account: So on the native mail and calendar app I have a few accounts setup. My most used isp account, my Microsoft accounts and even a gmail account. I love the way I can add a calendar entry to any one of these on the app or on other devices such as my iPhone, echo Alexa and the...