Windows 10: Win 10 can no longer share PC's

Discus and support Win 10 can no longer share PC's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had two PC' sharing files and printers on a Workgroup/Homegroup in Win 7 for years. I built two new PC's with Win 10 (currently build 1803) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by paulpeggagain, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Win 10 can no longer share PC's

I have had two PC' sharing files and printers on a Workgroup/Homegroup in Win 7 for years. I built two new PC's with Win 10 (currently build 1803) and have been struggling with file sharing for months. Both systems have all sharing set to full permissions and full sharing. PC A can share files stored on PC B but B cannot login to A. A has two printers that are shared and work from both systems. They are hard wired to a Cisco router. There is also a large NAS drive that both use for backups.

Workgroup is OURGROUP on both systems.

I am administrator on both systems.

I have tried everything I can find to enable system B to share files on system A to no avail. File Manager returns "Windows cannot access\\PC-A\H Drive\. I am administrator on both systems.

(I have been building PC's since the early 80's and owned an Autocad business for 16 years, so I do have some experience in this area.)

All ideas would be appreciated.

:)

paulpeggagain, Nov 20, 2018
  2. MenyEi Win User

Win 7 PC can't see shared folder of Win 10 PC

I have small home network. The Home Group sharing capabilities are working both ways.

For some reason the Win 10 PC do not appear in the network list in my Win 7 PC, while the Win 7 PC do appear in the Win 10 network list (and can access it's shared folders).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Meny

MenyEi, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Arsenal Win User
    Win 10 PC accessing a Win 10 Everyone share prompted for credentials

I have a new Windows 10 Home computer and I've selected a folder and shared it. I've added Everyone to the Share Permissions list with Full Control.

Win 10 can no longer share PC's [​IMG]

I've selected "Turn off password protected sharing" in the Advance Sharing Center.

Win 10 can no longer share PC's [​IMG]

When I try to access the share with a Windows 7 laptop in the home it connects right away without a prompt for credentials. When I try to access the share from another Windows 10 device (Surface) there is a prompt for credentials and I am unable to access the shared folder. There are no common account names between machines on my home network.

On the Windows 10 machine which is trying to connect I have run Net use * /DELETE and removed all Windows Credentials using the Credentials Manager then rebooted both machines a few times. Still though the Windows 7 machine can access the share with no credentials and the Windows 10 machine can't access it at all.

My goal is to get the share working for the Windows 10 machine as it works for the Windows 7. Full access, no prompt for credentials. I've workaround steps that will provide access so that type of information isn't needed.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and any help would be most appreciated.

Arsenal, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Win 10 can no longer share PC's

File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 can no longer share PC's

1. Win 10 can no longer share PC's - Similar Threads - longer share PC's

2. Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC: Been using the printer from another networked Win 10 PC for a year. Works just fine locally on USB-connected Win 10 PC. Win 11 PC can see the Win 10 PC and can see the printer. Attempts to connect to the printer fail. Attempts to connect to the C: drive on Win 10 PC fail. Win...
  3. Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC: Been using the printer from another networked Win 10 PC for a year. Works just fine locally on USB-connected Win 10 PC. Win 11 PC can see the Win 10 PC and can see the printer. Attempts to connect to the printer fail. Attempts to connect to the C: drive on Win 10 PC fail. Win...
  4. Win 11 Can no longer share Youtube or video from other sources in Zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Can no longer share Youtube or video from other sources in Zoom: Since upgrading to Windows 11 I can no longer play videos during Zoom classes. In the past I had no problem simply sharing screen , clicking the two check boxes and playing video's to class. Now the videos play perfectly on my browser or MS Player when I attempt to share it...
  5. Win 11 Can no longer share Youtube or video from other sources in Zoom

Win 11 Can no longer share Youtube or video from other sources in Zoom: Since upgrading to Windows 11 I can no longer play videos during Zoom classes. In the past I had no problem simply sharing screen , clicking the two check boxes and playing video's to class. Now the videos play perfectly on my browser or MS Player when I attempt to share it...
  6. I can no longer sync AOL mail in Win 10

I can no longer sync AOL mail in Win 10: I have tried every fix on the internet. All of a sudden I cannot add AOL mail in Win 10. It keeps saying settings are out of date, but I can't see how I have changed all IMAP setting, I have changed the PW many times, nothing works...
  7. Can no longer share wifi connection over ethernet to other PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer share wifi connection over ethernet to other PC: Hello I'm hoping someone can kindly help me. I have a temporary setup where my laptop, which can connect to WiFi, shares its internet connection with my desktop over an ordinary ethernet cable plugged directly into both computers. This is my only way to have internet on...
  8. Win 10 will no longer boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 will no longer boot: I changed parameter under Boot Tab, Advance Options using MSCONFIG command. Win 10 will no longer boot. How do I resolve this issue as I can no longer access MSCONFIG to remove what I changed ??...
  9. Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access: Just added a new Win 10 Pro desktop to the network. It needs to access a Win 7 desktop shared folder. I get the error message Windows cannot access \\NAComp1-PC Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a network problem. 0x80070035 The network path...
  10. Win 10 PC accessing a Win 10 Everyone share prompted for credentials

Win 10 PC accessing a Win 10 Everyone share prompted for credentials: I have a new Windows 10 Home computer and I've selected a folder and shared it. I've added Everyone to the Share Permissions list with Full Control. [img] I've selected "Turn off password protected sharing" in the Advance Sharing Center. [img] When I try...