Windows 10: win 10 can't find cd fix

Discus and support win 10 can't find cd fix in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had that problem like so many other users. I did a factory reset and had cd in usb port. When all was said and done there it was. The problem being... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DonaldErnest1, Jan 9, 2020.

1. win 10 can't find cd fix

I had that problem like so many other users. I did a factory reset and had cd in usb port. When all was said and done there it was. The problem being that the system couldn't find it because unlike laptops with cd installed windows 10 thinks it's not here. Windows 10 has to know that the cd/DVD is connected. No need to go to the Regeditor, change atpi. Leave that to the pros. Just plug your device in USB port and reboot. Windows will not recognize if already running. You have to connect and reboot.

:)

DonaldErnest1, Jan 9, 2020

2. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    This might have occurred due to corrupted\outdated DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 9, 2020
  3. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Jan 9, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

win 10 can't find cd fix

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

win 10 can't find cd fix

1. win 10 can't find cd fix - Similar Threads - can't find fix

2. Boot from CD Win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Boot from CD Win 10: I have a laptop where the user has forgotten the password. I would normally just reload 10 and set up a new account since there is no critical data on the drive. However, this Lenovo does not boot from the CD even after changing the it from UEFI an allowing legacy boot up. I...
  3. Can't write or format CD-R on Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't write or format CD-R on Win 10: I see lots of others withe the same problem but no solution. I tried uninstalling the drive and re-booting, also updating driver and troubleshooting. No help --same on all three of my laptops. The CD drives can read files fine, but when I insert a blank CD-R windows says...
  4. Win 7 CD as bootable media for Win 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 CD as bootable media for Win 10.: Hi. Can a Windows 7 install CD be used as a bootable disk to repair a Windows 10, or is an install CD for Windows 10 required? I got my Win 10 as a free upgrade from Win 7 in 2015 Regards Frank...
  5. i lost my CD rom and can't find it

i lost my CD rom and can't find it: hello dear customer services my CD rom wasn't appear on my explorer then after i search for some help from yours i did follow the instructions and uninstalled it and then i restarted my laptop ..... but windows 10 didn't recognized it at all now i can't install it and i...
  6. DVD/CD not found Win 10

DVD/CD not found Win 10: After installing anew HD and 10 on a HP all in one there is no DVD/CD found.I followed some guidlines for Hardware Diagnostics test but that was for checking the Hard Drive. Never found the DVD test. Uninstalling ATAPI in device mgr w/reboot won't work cause it aint there...
  7. DVD/CD not found Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD/CD not found Win 10: After installing anew HD and 10 on a HP all in one there is no DVD/CD found.I followed some guidlines for Hardware Diagnostics test but that was for checking the Hard Drive. Never found the DVD test. Uninstalling ATAPI in device mgr w/reboot won't work cause it aint there...
  8. Only boots with win 10 CD in

Only boots with win 10 CD in: I recently built a computer and im trying to use a samsung 960 evo as my primary boot device but the system will not boot without the cd in the drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-boots-with-win-10-cd-in/ca1e0008-d3ed-489b-be45-ca37346767bb
  9. Alot of bugs, can't find a fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Alot of bugs, can't find a fix: Hello, I have a problem: Nothing opens when I press the items at the little icons near the clock at the taskbar. Also, all the programs that I pinned to the taskbar have a problem: I can't right click on them. I also found out that when I right-click the desktop to open...
  10. bootmgr error, can't find a fix

in Windows 10 Support
    bootmgr error, can't find a fix: Hi, I recently got a new motherboard, processor, SSD, and memory for my old, homebuilt desktop. I'm running Windows 10 which I downloaded as the free upgrade last year. I cloned the OS to my new SSD using EaseUS Todo 10.0. I've activated the new partition and upgraded my...