Windows 10: win 10 cant or wont open my wd passport ultra 1Tb ext drive

Discus and support win 10 cant or wont open my wd passport ultra 1Tb ext drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; k:\is not accessible the request failed due to a fatal device hardware error but the device manager says its working properly was never local disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jonathanbaker1, Sep 21, 2018.

1. win 10 cant or wont open my wd passport ultra 1Tb ext drive

k:\is not accessible the request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

but the device manager says its working properly

was never local disk k.... is this a registry error

:)

jonathanbaker1, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Heini82£ Win User

Wd my passport ultra

What do we need to do for the updated version of windows 10 to recognise our wd my passport ultra external hard drive?

Heini82£, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Pied Win User
    Windows 10 Restore using WD Passport Ultra external drive

I have the version 1607 of Windows 10. I have connected a WD Passport Ultra external drive to it which is recognized by the Windows Explorer. In the Control Panel I have selected the Backup and Restore (Windows 7), and have selected Create a System Image.
    The Backup software shows the WD Passport Ultra drive under the hard drive selection. I ok the backup and the software puts the system image (?) on the WD Passport Ultra. After the Create a System Image is complete, I am then able to use the Windows Explorer
    to see the files/folders that the Create a System Image co to it.

Now while in the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) I select under Restore I select another backup to restore files from. This gives me the Restore Files (Advanced) popup. The popup shows a window that indicates if the backup location isn't listed below to
    connect the drive and select refresh. It also offers the option to Browse a network location. So I browse and find the WD Passport Ultra drive and then select the folder with the backup files in it. Unfortunately it is at this point that the software responds
    that it cannot find a backup file. So despite the fact that the Backup software put it on the WD Passport Ultra, the Restore software doesn't want to recognize it as backup software. So at this point making a System Image ends up being a waste of time since
    it can't be restored unless someone knows how to get around this.

Thanks.

4. win 10 cant or wont open my wd passport ultra 1Tb ext drive

Windows 10 and WD Passport Ultra

Hi Carolyn,

A few reasons why your computer doesn't recognize your WD My Passport Ultra external hard drive may include the following:

• Your PC can't provide the hard drive's power requirement
    • The capacity of the hard drive may require a separate power source

To isolate this further, we suggest that you try connecting it to a different USB port on your computer. Check also the specification of your hard drive and see if it requires a separate power source. You may also try connecting it to a different computer
    and see if you encounter the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

win 10 cant or wont open my wd passport ultra 1Tb ext drive

1. win 10 cant or wont open my wd passport ultra 1Tb ext drive - Similar Threads - cant wont open

2. cant open files saved on WD passport

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant open files saved on WD passport: When I open my files on my WD passport, I can open PDF files and some MP3 files. but I can't open any word documents or other videos. All my pictures, music and documents have been saved on the WD passport under: C, users, leanne me, one drive. The files of my documents,...
  3. CHKDSK on 1TB WD Passport external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CHKDSK on 1TB WD Passport external hard drive: Hi - could an external hard drive get damaged when CHKDSK is running and the computer is shutdown is performed from the Start menu or by pressing the power button? Background: I suspect a process was running when a 1T WD passport with 670 GB of data became disconnected...
  4. "Write protected" on 1TB My Passport Ultra

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Write protected" on 1TB My Passport Ultra: Frustrating to lose ability to add to, delete from folders on external drive. How do you change ability to use this drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/write-protected-on-1tb-my-passport-ultra/d4aae31b-09fe-4488-8aa1-b017c91de5e2
  5. WD My Passport 1TB External Harfd Drive.

WD My Passport 1TB External Harfd Drive.: When I try to set up the WD Apps I get a message " This app can't run on your PC. " I am trying to restore files to a new PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport-1tb-external-harfd-drive/6ac13f82-25ef-47f3-b04d-8a2c40efd026
  6. WD my passport ultra drive

WD my passport ultra drive: How do I go about reallocating space on my WD passport ultra drive? I have deleted a bunch of backups that I don't need any longer but it seems that the space on the drive is still allocating space to the deleted backups. I have a couple of backups that I don't want to...
  7. WD My Passport Ultra There but not there

WD My Passport Ultra There but not there: I have a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra and it was working fine. I accessed a picture from it to send out in in an email and afterwards shut down my laptop. HP Envy, Win 10 bla bla bla Later that day I booted up my laptop and the passport didn't show up in the file manager. It...
  8. My Passport Ultra 1TB

My Passport Ultra 1TB: I downloaded everything onto this external hard drive but cannot seem to open it again. I must be doing something wrong. I can see the external drive in my drives box but it will not open....
  9. WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10

WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10: I just got a brand new Lenovo Flex 14 Laptop with Windows 10 and am unable to use/access the content on the WD My Passport Ultra external drive that I have all my stuff from my old Macbook backed up on. When I first plugged the drive into the Lenovo, it was instantly...
  10. WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup

WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup: My windows 10 computer is recognizing this device for saving/opening files but will not recognize it as a device for backup. I am also unable to open the WD Backup app to run scheduled backups through that; I have used this device and app on this windows 10 computer but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open mypassport 1tb on win 10

2. windows can not connect to my external hardrive

3. wd my passport wont open on windows

4. my passport ultra not recognized the request failed due to fatal,
  5. cannot open my passport ultra,
  6. Windows 10 wont open my Western Drive my passport,
  7. widows 10 will not open wd my passport ultra,
  8. wd passport ultra can not open with correct password after reinstalling win 10,
  9. windows 10 pro 64 bit wont open my wd pasport external hardrive,
  10. win 10 wd my passport ultra cannt response,
  11. windows 10 cant connect to my passport