Windows 10: Win 10 - can't remove login password

Discus and support Win 10 - can't remove login password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently had an OS meltdown and had to reinstall Windows 10 . The image I downloaded from Dell is apparently newer than the install I replaced: I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dgmoore, Nov 24, 2018.

1. dgmoore Win User

Win 10 - can't remove login password

I recently had an OS meltdown and had to reinstall Windows 10 . The image I downloaded from Dell is apparently newer than the install I replaced: I tried to get rid of my login password using netplwiz, which I had done successfully in my previous installation. However, in the new OS netplwiz displays the same options as the previous version, but unchecking "Users must enter a uername..." has no effect. I still get prompted for a password when I boot or wake up the computer.

Does anybody know how to get rid of the login password?

Thanks

:)

dgmoore, Nov 24, 2018

2. Login Password

Hi,

Now I can login with my fingerprint scanner under windows hello.

But my laptop [HP Probook - 4530s] asking to login with my user A/c password before appearing win 10 login screen which I'm created in windows 7.

I wanna remove this password login step and I need to continue only with PIN & Fingerprint Scanner. [Windows Hello]

Pls help me to remove it.......

Thnaks

NalinthaLiyanarachchi, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Win 10 - can't remove login password

Disable Windows 10 login password

I never use PW on my personal home comp and don't want to

worked fine upon install and use UNTIL I signed up for photo application

the login required my Hotmail address for MS account with password needed

I FINALLY FIXED IT

and not with suggestion here for netplwiz, which failed multiple times

• Control panel
    • User accounts
    • forces you to verify and sign in to email one more time (what we are trying to get rid of)
    • Remove email account as default user
    • choose your local comp name
    • will ask for a new password (we don't want it)
    • LEAVE IT BLANK
    • goes to login under your original name
    • no password!!!!!!! needed anymore

what a giant PIA win 10

waiting to see if a sign in to apps reverses this fix

Jolie Princess Katana, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 - can't remove login password

1. Win 10 - can't remove login password - Similar Threads - can't remove login

2. Can't Login Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Login Win 10: I have recently updated my desktop just a normal minor thing - not from win 8 or anything. Since then I haven't been able to login. I get to the wallpaper page and can click with both mouse and keyboard to proceed to password. But here I am unable to do anything - mouse can...
  3. win 10 login. Lost password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 login. Lost password: I have an Interactive Flat Panel Display with a small win 10 computer docked into it. previous user put security login on and now I can't get the password as they are not reachable. there is no Microsoft account attached. I figure I have to use a USB and reconfigure...
  4. REMOVE LOGIN/PASSWORD/PINNUMBER

REMOVE LOGIN/PASSWORD/PINNUMBER: How do I get my laptop to boot straight to desktop? I do not want to associate it with a "microsoft" account or a "gmail" account. I just want it to boot straight to desktop - every time, any time, all the time. I do not want to password protect my laptop AT ALL EVER. For the...
  5. windows 10 can't login with password

windows 10 can't login with password: windows 10 can't login with password !!!!! And also de shutdown is missing !!!! windows 10 can't login with password !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-cant-login-with-password/9e5f1ffe-37b7-4a07-b2b9-9290d556c36b
  6. login and pin password removal

login and pin password removal: I am sending one of my computers in to Asus for an upgrade and a needed repair. How can remove all passwords and pin numbers so Asus can do the repairs? If I first do a complete recovery can I start over with a new password or will I have to use the older password ?...
  7. Can't login with correct password

Can't login with correct password: i restarted my PC to try and fix my printer as it wouldnt print. Now i cannot login. I type my correct password no luck. I type my correct PIN, no luck. Googled the problem and followed Microsoft advice to reset my password. I did this from my iPad and still cannot log in....
  8. Can't bypass login and password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't bypass login and password: I recently migrated to Win10 with a free upgrade from Win7. I'm the only user, and I like to power up and then find the computer ready to use when I come back to it without having to log in. When I installed Win10, without understanding why, I followed the instructions to...
  9. Remove all logins and passwords at startup?!?!

Remove all logins and passwords at startup?!?!: Tried searching, tried a few things and still nothing. My computer used to just turn on and go to the desktop. Then, after an update it went to a log in screen at startup but pressing enter made it work - ie no password. Now, after another update I now have a login...
  10. Windows 10 Login Password removal

Windows 10 Login Password removal: Hi, Just upgraded to windows 10. I want to remove the login password so it goes straight to the desktop. In all the other versions I can do this. I would open "netplwiz" and uncheck the boxes which asks for a password. I have done this in windows 10 but its still asking me...