Windows 10: Win 10 - can't remove login password

Discus and support Win 10 - can't remove login password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently had an OS meltdown and had to reinstall Windows 10 . The image I downloaded from Dell is apparently newer than the install I replaced: I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dgmoore, Nov 24, 2018.

1. dgmoore Win User

Win 10 - can't remove login password

I recently had an OS meltdown and had to reinstall Windows 10 . The image I downloaded from Dell is apparently newer than the install I replaced: I tried to get rid of my login password using netplwiz, which I had done successfully in my previous installation. However, in the new OS netplwiz displays the same options as the previous version, but unchecking "Users must enter a uername..." has no effect. I still get prompted for a password when I boot or wake up the computer.

Does anybody know how to get rid of the login password?

Thanks

:)

dgmoore, Nov 24, 2018

2. Login Password

Hi,

Now I can login with my fingerprint scanner under windows hello.

But my laptop [HP Probook - 4530s] asking to login with my user A/c password before appearing win 10 login screen which I'm created in windows 7.

I wanna remove this password login step and I need to continue only with PIN & Fingerprint Scanner. [Windows Hello]

Pls help me to remove it.......

Thnaks

NalinthaLiyanarachchi, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Win 10 - can't remove login password

Disable Windows 10 login password

I never use PW on my personal home comp and don't want to

worked fine upon install and use UNTIL I signed up for photo application

the login required my Hotmail address for MS account with password needed

I FINALLY FIXED IT

and not with suggestion here for netplwiz, which failed multiple times

• Control panel
    • User accounts
    • forces you to verify and sign in to email one more time (what we are trying to get rid of)
    • Remove email account as default user
    • choose your local comp name
    • will ask for a new password (we don't want it)
    • LEAVE IT BLANK
    • goes to login under your original name
    • no password!!!!!!! needed anymore

what a giant PIA win 10

waiting to see if a sign in to apps reverses this fix

Jolie Princess Katana, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 - can't remove login password

1. Win 10 - can't remove login password - Similar Threads - can't remove login

2. Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove Login Password from Lock Screen.: Hi,I recently reset my laptop, and while setting it up, it is asking me to create a PIN. However, I don't want to have any kind of PIN or password on my lock screen. When I initially bought the laptop, there was no PIN on the lock screen. There was simply a sign-in button....
  3. window 10 remove login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    window 10 remove login password: how can i remove login password from window 10 i have password when i am going to change password in new password section i dont write any letter just blank athen enter as well as in confirm password the n i entered it showing . THE PASSWORD YOU ENTERED DOES NOT MEET PASSWORD...
  4. window 10 remove login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 10 remove login password: how can i remove login password from window 10 i have password when i am going to change password in new password section i dont write any letter just blank athen enter as well as in confirm password the n i entered it showing . THE PASSWORD YOU ENTERED DOES NOT MEET PASSWORD...
  5. window 10 remove login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Password removal on Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password removal on Win 10: Recently one of my friends dad passed and they had no way to use his laptop so they gave me it to me and I was wondering is it possible to get the password off of it without wiping the SSD that way I could send her any files that was on it before I wipe the drive....
  7. Win 10 Pro login password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 Pro login password: I upgraded my Acer Aspire Win 10 Pro Ver 1903 from 4GB to 8GB RAM and when I started the laptop it asked for a password. I have 'never ask' in netplwiz and 'never' under require sign-in unchecked. No options have changed there and I have never been asked for a password since...
  8. Can't Login Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Login Win 10: I have recently updated my desktop just a normal minor thing - not from win 8 or anything. Since then I haven't been able to login. I get to the wallpaper page and can click with both mouse and keyboard to proceed to password. But here I am unable to do anything - mouse can...
  9. win 10 login. Lost password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 login. Lost password: I have an Interactive Flat Panel Display with a small win 10 computer docked into it. previous user put security login on and now I can't get the password as they are not reachable. there is no Microsoft account attached. I figure I have to use a USB and reconfigure...
  10. Windows 10 Login Password removal

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Login Password removal: Hi, Just upgraded to windows 10. I want to remove the login password so it goes straight to the desktop. In all the other versions I can do this. I would open "netplwiz" and uncheck the boxes which asks for a password. I have done this in windows 10 but its still asking me...