Windows 10: win 10 can't restart after power outage

Discus and support win 10 can't restart after power outage in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, While I was using my desktop Win 10, there was a power outage. No electricity for app 30 mins. I forgot to unplugged the the desktop:. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ANNIE09876, Nov 4, 2020.

1. win 10 can't restart after power outage

Hi there,

While I was using my desktop Win 10, there was a power outage. No electricity for app 30 mins. I forgot to unplugged the the desktop:. I tried to restart it after electricity back. It was on, it had a message- it will scanning the errors and after that it will restart. It never. There is a stop code: Oxc000021a.

I tried a few times, but no luck. Anyone can help? Thanks.

Cheers.

:)

ANNIE09876, Nov 4, 2020

2. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 4, 2020
  3. mrsscotty Win User
    power outage-Windows 10 will not finish booting

Help !!! Had a power outage this morning and now I cannot get windows 10 to complete boot up

It starts the booting process and then my screen goes blank. I cannot even get to the prompt screen? To run any. diagnostics. any suggestions ?ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!

thank you!!!!!

mrsscotty, Nov 4, 2020
  4. midgo Win User

win 10 can't restart after power outage

Win 10 1607 Restart Issue

I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue.

In my case the PC tries to restart but the monitor screen goes black and then the monitor screen powers off.

The PC keeps running but will not restart.

I have to push the reset button to restart the PC.

Shut down works fine.

In both restart and shutdown there are no spinning dots...

Can any one help with this restart issue.

I have tried most suggestions on the interwebz:////

My next step is to go back to the previously installed version 1511 in which restart worked then do an upgrade from the 1607 ISO I downloaded.

If this fails I will bite the bullet and do a clean install but I would rather just resolve the issue if I can as I have Win 10 running just the way I like it:///

midgo, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

win 10 can't restart after power outage

1. win 10 can't restart after power outage - Similar Threads - can't restart power

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Auto restart normally without recovery after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto restart normally without recovery after power outage: Hello, I am using a Dell t3660 workstation with Windows 11 Professional. I would like to enable the PC to restart without any manual intervention after a power outage. I have set up the BIOS restore on AC/Power Loss - Power on and set bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy...
  4. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage: Got an power outage 2 days ago and after that my PC wont shutdown. I only have 1 USB connected and I un plug the USB and try it still lights on the computer. I can't remember anything aside from the outage. Please someone help....
  5. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage: Got an power outage 2 days ago and after that my PC wont shutdown. I only have 1 USB connected and I un plug the USB and try it still lights on the computer. I can't remember anything aside from the outage. Please someone help....
  6. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage: Had a power outage over night while sleeping between Sept 10-11. I had everything but one USB hub plugged into one strip, the strip with just the Hub, it fried my hub. Now my PC won’t stay shut down, I shut it down and the light on the case flickers once and then it restarts....
  8. Windows 10 not starting after power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not starting after power outage: Power went out and now windows doesnt start. All the basic fixes dont work Startup Repair - Couldnt repair your PC System Restore - To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then...
  9. Trouble after power outage

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble after power outage: Last night we has a short, flicker-type power outage. My computer and my DVR are the only things it shut down. When I turned my computer back on, I first got my lock screen, like normal, then when I clicked to get the sign-in screen, I got a blue screen where I had to sign...
  10. Windows10 after power outage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 after power outage: After a power outage, my Windows10 will not reboot properly. I have a back screen with a few limited icons. Recovery under Settings does not eliminate the problem. I cannot access any of my working files. Can anyone help advise please?...