Windows 10: Win 10 - Cat walked on my keyboard, now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard...

Discus and support Win 10 - Cat walked on my keyboard, now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As it says in the title, Windows 10 DESKTOP computer. Cat walked on the laptop and now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard entry I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Freaking8Cat, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Win 10 - Cat walked on my keyboard, now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard...

As it says in the title, Windows 10 DESKTOP computer.

Cat walked on the laptop and now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard entry I have tried thus far. I have to use the mouse to click on the "picture of the day" then when the login prompt is brought up, I can now type.

Who would have thunk such a small thing could be oh so VERY ANNOYING! I WANT MY FEATURE BACK! HELP!

:)

Freaking8Cat, Dec 3, 2020

2. Cat locked my keyboard - how to unlock in Win 10?

So, here is my problem: I have a desktop computer and a laptop. I recently upgraded my desktop to Windows 10. I did some work last night on the desktop computer logged in as administrator. Well, it got late, I went to sleep. I forgot to log myself out. Big
    mistake.

Come today, I wake up in the morning and wanted to do some work on my laptop that runs Windows 8. However, the keyboard seemed to be malfunctioning. I was able to log on to Windows, but once inside, the keyboard was dead. I didn’t think much of it, there
    was the update warning in the corner bugging me for the past two days, so I ran it thinking it will fix the problem. It didn’t. I upgraded the laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and sure enough, once inside of Windows 10, the keyboard remained locked.

So I switched to my desktop computer (wanted to google keyboard shortcut to unlock). Three things became painfully obvious: logged in as administrator, both computers are synchronized, BOTH keyboards are locked and I have a very naughty cat who was walking
    on the keyboard last night. I could tell by the gibberish she left me on my open Word document.

Long story short, my cat played administrator and locked the keyboards on ALL MY SYNCHRONIZED COMPUTERS. So here is the big question: how do I unlock the keyboard(s) in Windows 10?

I’m typing on virtual keyboards right now and it’s a giant pain in the wrist.

PS: the function keys do work

catministrator, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Cat locked my keyboard - how to unlock in Win 10?

Thomas J.Lacey, Dec 3, 2020
  4. gelund Win User

Win 10 - Cat walked on my keyboard, now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard...

Lock screen doesn't respond to keyboard following Nov. update

Lock screen stopped responding to keyboard input following installation of Windows 10 November update. The lock screen responds to mouse click, but not keyboard input. I'm using a wired Microsoft Natural keyboard (KU-0045).

gelund, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 - Cat walked on my keyboard, now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard...

1. Win 10 - Cat walked on my keyboard, now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard... - Similar Threads - Cat walked keyboard

2. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cat walked on keyboard, now audio isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cat walked on keyboard, now audio isn't working: Earlier today one of my cats walked on top of my keyboard, and now the audio won't work for anything. I tried using a different browser, which didn't work. I also followed other Microsoft help guides, but they didn't do anything. The settings all say that the audio is turned...
  6. Cat walked on keyboard, now audio isn't working

Cat walked on keyboard, now audio isn't working: Earlier today one of my cats walked on top of my keyboard, and now the audio won't work for anything. I tried using a different browser, which didn't work. I also followed other Microsoft help guides, but they didn't do anything. The settings all say that the audio is turned...
  7. Cat walked on keyboard, now audio isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen: My work laptop is a Dell Latitude 5520 on Windows 10. When I work from home during the day, I switch between a desktop and my laptop. Sometimes my cat, Stan, likes to lay on the keyboard of the laptop what cat doesn't, am I right?. When I think he is about to, I lock the...
  9. Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen: My work laptop is a Dell Latitude 5520 on Windows 10. When I work from home during the day, I switch between a desktop and my laptop. Sometimes my cat, Stan, likes to lay on the keyboard of the laptop what cat doesn't, am I right?. When I think he is about to, I lock the...
  10. Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen