Windows 10: Win 10 change Microsoft account

Discus and support Win 10 change Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi is it possible to change the Windows 10 Microsoft account to a new one? During upgrade from Windows 7 the requested Microsoft account was not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sigi08, Aug 9, 2015.

1. sigi08 Win User

Win 10 change Microsoft account

Hi
    is it possible to change the Windows 10 Microsoft account to a new one?
    During upgrade from Windows 7 the requested Microsoft account was not created correctly.
    The filled in MS account does NOT exists! Account could not verified.
    I created an alias account for the primary account. By mistake - I assumed there will be a new Outlook.com/Live account created - I filled in another not existing Microsoft account.
    During startup/login this new alias account is shown and I can login to W10 correctly.
    But I cannot change to another (alias) existing Microsoft account.

• Is there a way to change the primary MS account?

Thank you for your help in advance.
    Sigi

:)

sigi08, Aug 9, 2015
  2. mlg63 Win User

Change Password

Settings, accounts, signin options to change it. However, you should be using your MS acct pw to log into your acct. Changing it will cause problems that could lock you out. Win 10 requires a microsoft account to use all the features in win 10.

mlg63, Aug 9, 2015
  3. windows10 activation in new device

I changed old pc to new can I activate my win 10 with Microsoft account

VIJAY KRISHNAS, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Win 10 change Microsoft account

Settings - Accounts - Your Account

At the bottom you can a Add a Microsoft account; I don't know if you create a new account and login to it if you can delete the old account or if it will ask you which to login to every time.

Edited: Did you edit your above post or did I total zone out? Disregard the above, you already tried that it appears.

fracking4oil, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 change Microsoft account

1. Win 10 change Microsoft account - Similar Threads - change Microsoft account

2. Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10: I'm trying to set up my Microsoft Family Account. I am running into a problem that my kid's have set up their computers with accounts that are not their own. One has my account set up under their user, and one has just used my phone number. They do have their own Microsoft...
  3. Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10: I'm trying to set up my Microsoft Family Account. I am running into a problem that my kid's have set up their computers with accounts that are not their own. One has my account set up under their user, and one has just used my phone number. They do have their own Microsoft...
  4. Change Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Disable Microsoft accounts on Win 8 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Microsoft accounts on Win 8 and Win 10: I have seen another thread that is now locked and it was outlined in there but the user that posted it had some things named wrong as by his words english was a second language and he was using his native language in windows. See original:...
  6. Changing user account password win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing user account password win 10: I am the administrator and have Windows 10. I need to change the password for a user account. When I run netplwiz, for each user I see 2 entries one in HomeUsers Group and one in HomeUsers; Users Group. Regardless which one I select the Reset Password option is greyed out...
  7. WIN 10 AFTER CHANGING ACCOUNT NAME

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 AFTER CHANGING ACCOUNT NAME: GOOD DAY! Can anyone please help me? I HAD SOME TROUBLES WITH MY WIN 10, I CHANGE THE ACCOUNT NAME (E.G. JOHN TO JANE) AS THE ADMINISTRATOR USING THE “NETPLWIZ” (sort of). THEN HAD AN ERROR AFTER WARDS AND CANT OPEN MY FILES OR EVEN SOME TABS. I RESTARTED THE LAPTOP AND...
  8. Win 10 Microsoft Account login issues.

Win 10 Microsoft Account login issues.: My apologies if this has been asked a thousand times, but I'm against the clock with a work deadline and I have an issue. My Mum uses her pc for work and has a recurring intermittent problem. She uses her microsoft account to log into a win 10 installation. It was a win 7...
  9. Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10)

Change hotmail connected account to local account? (Win 10): My Windows 10 account is somehow tied to a hotmail account I don't remember creating. Is there any way I can turn it into a local account? I don't really want it to be connected 14463
  10. Cannot change account username/Win 10

Cannot change account username/Win 10: Heya guys, I cannot change my account username for windows 10. When I click on start I can go to my account name at the top right click on it, go to change account settings the manage my account and change my name there, but it won't show on my start menu. I have my name...