Windows 10: Win 10 change search order

Discus and support Win 10 change search order in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok something that's been driving me crazy for some weeks now, and I don't know when this changed but it was probably a windows update of some kind:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shazgol, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Win 10 change search order

Ok something that's been driving me crazy for some weeks now, and I don't know when this changed but it was probably a windows update of some kind:

• It used to be like this: I'd hit the Windows key, start typing for example "cal", hit enter, and the calculator would start.

• now it's like this: I hit Windows key, start typing "cal", hit enter and it launches a web search with Bing for "cal". If I want to start the calculator I have to write "cal", press down twice to get to the "app" section of the search, and then enter.

Like what the hell, why would anyone want it like that? How do I change it back so it always launches the app instead of this useless "best match" web search?

submitted by /u/Shazgol
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shazgol, Oct 13, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Win 10 change search order :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Oct 13, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

Win 10 change search order

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 change search order

1. Win 10 change search order - Similar Threads - change search order

2. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search results out of order: I have several external drives and network drives connected to my computer, when I use search from my computer, it shows results out of order. In other words. Network shares show up first, then D:, E: and finally C:how is this behavior controlled, and how do I adjust the sort...
  3. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search results out of order: I have several external drives and network drives connected to my computer, when I use search from my computer, it shows results out of order. In other words. Network shares show up first, then D:, E: and finally C:how is this behavior controlled, and how do I adjust the sort...
  4. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.: Greetings, When I click in the search box, where it says "type here to search", on the left side of the Task Bar, at the top of the popup window that shows, from left to right, is: All/Apps/Documents/Web and More, which has a down arrow that pops out:...
  6. My order of Win 10 Pro does not appear in my orders

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My order of Win 10 Pro does not appear in my orders: I purchased a full version of Windows 10 Pro not the upgrade back on August 26, 2019. I recently got a new PC and uninstalled that copy of windows and then parted out that PC. I wanted to use that Windows 10 Pro on my new laptop but I cannot find the key. The order does not...
  7. Win 10 Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Boot Order: Just got my new Win 10 all setup and working very nicely. Concerned about the ability to boot using a usb or dvd device if there's ever hdd problems. My HP boot order shows UEFI Boot Sources Windows Boot Manager USB Floppy/CD USB Hard Drive ATAPI CD/DVD Drive Legacy Boot...
  8. Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Onedrive not syncing and constantly searching for changes: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Now Onedrive will not sync new files to the cloud. In addition the Cloud icon is constantly "looking for changes". 10822
  9. Win 7-to- Win 10 + HDD-to-SSD in what order?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7-to- Win 10 + HDD-to-SSD in what order?: I have a nice 4-year old laptop with a 7500 hybrid HDD running win7. 32GB RAM + Intel i7-4700 2.4GHz + NVIDIA graphics processor. I'm currently using 250GB of a 1TB drive I want to upgrade to Win10 in part, because I have an intractible error every time I create or...
  10. Windows Search Results Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Results Order: When I search in Windows 10 using file explorer the results first shows items from my "H" drive and then my "G" drive and then my "F" drive and then my "C" drive last. How can I get the results from my "C" drive to appear first? I know how to sort my results, I just want to...