Windows 10: win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive

Discus and support win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonLombardi1, May 26, 2023.

1. win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive

win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive

:)

RonLombardi1, May 26, 2023

2. How in WIN 11 do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?

Thanks, Greg.

So this is what worked, step by step.

Reboot

Drive is listed as E: in file explorer.

Drive not listed in Disk Management.

Insert DVD, it plays after short pause.

Disk management now shows Audio CD as E:

Right click, change letter to R: (while playing!)

Reboot.

Drive now shows as BD-RE drive as R: in File Explorer.

The bottom line is

- File Explorer does not provide for changing drive letter afics.

- Disk Management seems to need a disk to be in the drive for it to "see" the drive. I can't recall is this is Win 10 behaviour

I don't recall having any difficulty with this in Win 10 (its possible that the Win 10 default drive allocation was "after" my external drives; or I "just changed it").

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

RichardFlack, May 26, 2023
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    Can't open files on USB without changing drive letter

Thank you for providing us the screenshot. Permissions are rules that determine whether you can access or change files and folders. You have to make sure that
    you are logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders. Let us perform again the steps below:

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    • Click Edit, click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.
    We also suggest that you check whether the USB flash drive is shown in the File explorer and try to open the files from there.

Keep us updated with the result.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, May 26, 2023
  4. win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 26, 2023
Thema:

win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive

1. win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive - Similar Threads - changed file names

2. win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive: win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-changed-file-names-of-all-pictures-on-usb/b4cfc66a-581a-4467-8fe7-0953c7f21d11
  3. win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive: win 10 changed file names of all pictures on usb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-changed-file-names-of-all-pictures-on-usb/b4cfc66a-581a-4467-8fe7-0953c7f21d11
  4. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?: When inspecting the Properties>Details of any file, it shows the "Owner" as Desktop-9283\John. I want to change the name of the owner itself, NOT change the owner to another. I've already changed the computer name, user name, all file paths are showing the new name fine, and...
  5. Change win 10 user name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change win 10 user name: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Danny1801 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0ur6g/change_win_10_user_name/
  6. Win 10 Network Name Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Network Name Change: I have the latest home version of Windows 10. I would like to change my network name from "Network 3" to something more meaningful to me. I have searched the internet and have found 2 solutions neither of which will work with my installed Win 10. One solution was to make a...
  7. Win 10 File History won't save Documents or Pictures to USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 File History won't save Documents or Pictures to USB drive: Documents and Pictures are too big to save on the Cloud, so they reside on my C: drive. OneDrive is still installed, but I don't use it. When I set the Backup options, it says Documents and Pictures on my C: drive will be saved, and the ones on OneDrive will be excluded. But...
  8. File Names Changing to All Capitals

File Names Changing to All Capitals: I am finding that my files are changing to all capitals without me doing this, I then have to rename them back to proper case. I have had instances where a file is saved in proper case and then when I save it again it saves in capitals; I then have two files with the same...
  9. All files changed to same name

All files changed to same name: This refers to the following link, which has been locked for comment: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-files/file-names-changed-in-1-folder-to-the-same-name/edc4bc91-3283-4921-89ac-3c98a2a13f96 The person who replied is wrong to an extent. If...
  10. Names all changed.

Names all changed.: Hi all So yesterday I was having troubles with discord so I uninstalled it. I went to install it again and it said my disk was full. I changed so that it would download to my other drive which worked. Some how all my file names and locations are messed up and loads of...