Windows 10: Win 10 changes user input language at login screen, unable to fix

Discus and support Win 10 changes user input language at login screen, unable to fix in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, User is experiencing problem with login screen - input language changed to Russian after some updates and restart, and there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wubzen, Sep 8, 2016.

1. wubzen Win User

Win 10 changes user input language at login screen, unable to fix

Hello everyone,

User is experiencing problem with login screen - input language changed to Russian after some updates and restart, and there is no way to change it back. No language button, shortcuts does not work, and icing on the cake - admin forgot password used to install this PC, seems that only thing to do is reinstall windows then?

Can't enter safe mode/system restore/etc. as it's asking for admin password (the one that was used when installing device).

I personally would like to throw the pc out of the window and in a pond, I have spen't better half of my morning with this frustrating issue.

:)

wubzen, Sep 8, 2016

2. Change keyboard language before login or remove MS account password

This answer does not answer the question which is. how to change the input language at login ?. I have changed the input languages as explained, but the input language at login was not affected and remains the wrong one.

Thanks

Louis-CharlesGauthier, Sep 8, 2016
  3. Wrong language setting for log in - Windows 10

I "upgraded" to Win 10 from Win 8.1. Recently, the language setting on the user login page automatically changes to a different language, making login more difficult. I can change the language manually each time at log in, but would like it to use the default
    language I use on a regular basis.

How can I change this setting or remove other languages from the options to force it to use my preferred language?

Charles Kenyon, Sep 8, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 changes user input language at login screen, unable to fix

1. Win 10 changes user input language at login screen, unable to fix - Similar Threads - changes user input

2. change input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    change input language: Hello, I just bought a hp Pavillion 360. Since my first language is Japanese, I tried to change the input language from English to Japanese. The basic language on display has been changed to Japanese successfully. However, I still have a difficulty in typing in Japanese. The...
  3. Unable to change login screen image.

Unable to change login screen image.: Hi, im unable to change my lock screen image, though it shows the new image in preview it reverts back to my old image on restart/reboot ect. Any ideas on this im on the lastest update (windows 10 insider pro) Regards. 125758
  4. Unable to change login screen image.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change login screen image.: Hi, im unable to change my login screen image, though it shows the new image in preview it reverts back to my old image on restart/reboot ect. Any ideas on this im on the lastest update (windows 10 insider pro) Regards. 125758
  5. Automatic Keyboard input language change

Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...
  6. Change color user login screen

Change color user login screen: I have searched for hours trying to find out how to change the color of the user login screen. Mine is the ugliest color. None of the information I found on Windows 8 will work on Windows 10. There is another post regarding this on this site but I am unable to open its answer...
  7. Unable to change name on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to change name on login screen: On the Windows 10 Pro login screen it shows my email address, I want it to ''show my first name only'' as this is how it is on my laptop. I also went to sign in option within windows to turn of the privacy settings so it won't show my email address but it still shows up on...
  8. Login screen language change disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen language change disabled: My password for my Microsoft account is in English and I cant change the language for greek !!!And there is not possible to make the password greek. help I cant use my computer!!!PLEASEE 10718
  9. Change login / welcome screen language

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change login / welcome screen language: Hi folks changing language on login screen is hidden in the old control panel. Note language change is fine for rest of windows but for the login screen it's a bit fiddly. You need to enter the control panel by entering run at the windows icon and enter control panel....
  10. Problem with input languages (changing)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with input languages (changing): Hello to all! I have a weird problem and it doesn't happen all the time, so I can't reproduce it. I spotted it 7-8 months ago and it happens again and again, more and more. The truth is that it's more irritating, than an actual problem. I use a computer that has two...