Windows 10: Win-10 Clean Install (attempt) and HP Notebooks Jittering/Hiccupping..

Discus and support Win-10 Clean Install (attempt) and HP Notebooks Jittering/Hiccupping.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear TenForum Gurus... I was given two HP Notebooks in to "wipe" and reinstall Windows 10. (I was told I know what I'm doing!?!?!) Both contained... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Preston33154, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Win-10 Clean Install (attempt) and HP Notebooks Jittering/Hiccupping..

Dear TenForum Gurus...

I was given two HP Notebooks in to "wipe" and reinstall Windows 10. (I was told I know what I'm doing!?!?!)

Both contained "sensitive" business information that the owner was afraid of this information being accessed. She wanted me to format the C:/ on the notebooks and install the latest version of Win10. The older would be used as an 'extra' machine. And the newer given to her 20-something daughter to use.

Both are about 2y old.
    Both are running Windows 10 Home x64, v2004. I installed via an ISO/USB that I d/l from Microsoft utilizing the Media Creation Tool.
    Both are experiencing the same issue: like clockwork: stuttering/jittering/hiccupping. Freezing for a second every 3-seconds (ish).

At first I thought it was just the trackpad pointer. But it appears to be all operations.

I've done the best I can with HP to confirm that I've installed all the necessary drivers, etc. But still happens. I also used this same ISO to re-install on my 3y Dell Inspiron desktop that is my "extra" machine. No problems. Only the HPs.

Any ideas on what I might need to be looking at?

• PC1: VOPAU48
      AMD48-7410 with AMDRadeon R5 Graphics
      x64 2.2GHz
      Touch Screen
      4GB RAM
    • PC2: P1A95UA
      AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
      x64 2.0 GHz
      8GB RAM

Looking for my next step! Thanx y'all!

:)

Preston33154, Aug 8, 2020
  2. kajson Win User

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink Win-10 Clean Install (attempt) and HP Notebooks Jittering/Hiccupping.. ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Aug 8, 2020
  3. ondablade Win User
    Best route - clean install Win 10 Pro on new notebook with OEM Home?

Hi all. New to the site - retired engineer and long time Mac user but not a whiz. Only a few hours exploration of Win 10 so far. Thank you for the opportunity to post a question.

I've a new Asus UX501 VW (UK spec) notebook with 512 GB SSD, 12 GB memory and i7 2.6 GHz with OEM Win 10 home and McAfee Live Safe, and want to clean install WIn 10 Professional instead. No personal data on it to save. There's been lots written on upgrade routes, but perhaps not much on this one.

There's excellent write ups on using Win 10 on line, but I'm struggling to pull together the steps and best sequence by which to handle the above transition. Also to understand the how and why.

1. I'd like to keep a copy of the OEM Win 10 home installation just in case it should prove to be needed. Is saving a system image to an external HDD for safe keeping a good way to do this?

2. Is it also necessary to also make a recovery drive (saved from the OEM set up - to a USB stick?) to facilitate getting back to the OEM set up/to permit installation of the system image/for other reasons? (guessing that the recovery partition on the notebook's SSD will end up being deleted)

3. At what point should the Win 10 home to professional upgrade be bought, and how should the keys/activation be handled? Must the upgrade be bought and downloaded on the computer on which it will be used? One route would presumably be to buy and install an upgrade to WIn 10 pro using the notebook, activate it, and then clean install it?

4. It'd be convenient to end up with the new/Win 10 professional clean install (the operating system) in its own partition, with the rest of the notebook's SSD available for data/personal files. Does Win 10 set up it's own partitions?

5. The newly completed Win 10 prof clean install will presumably require its own recovery USB stick too (is this a good alternative to the usual recovery partition on the SSD?), and presumably a back up image saved to an external drive too. Is the content of these different to that for Win 10 home above?

6. The new Windows 10 professional install will probably also set up it's own partitions on the notebook's SSD - which suggests that the SSD may end up with surplus/unused partitions requiring rationalisation. The question likely then becomes how to tell which of these can safely be removed?

7. I'm presuming that the McAfee security willde facto be removed during the clean install, and that restoring protection will just be a matter of installing the Kaspersky Total Security? (already bought) Is Win Defender good enough to secure/make safe the transaction while buying and paying for the upgrade, and while downloading it?

Pardon all the questions - but even a setting down the best sequence of steps would help greatly...

ondablade, Aug 8, 2020
  4. sunset72 Win User

Win-10 Clean Install (attempt) and HP Notebooks Jittering/Hiccupping..

Installing win 10 on hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc

Dear all ,

I want to ask you about the correct way to choose the HDD on my notebook to install win 10 on it , as you see in the pic

Win-10 Clean Install (attempt) and HP Notebooks Jittering/Hiccupping.. [​IMG]

I am now using win 10 installed on HDD1 , but I have a very slow startup , may I re-install the windows on HDD2 makes it better performance ?

sunset72, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Win-10 Clean Install (attempt) and HP Notebooks Jittering/Hiccupping..

1. Win-10 Clean Install (attempt) and HP Notebooks Jittering/Hiccupping.. - Similar Threads - Clean Install attempt

2. Win 10/HP Notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10/HP Notebook: my hp notebook has 32GB ROM. Since upgrade, Windows 10 took 29GB space. Leaving me with 3GB to operate. Each time I operate my P/C, a notification: FREE UP SPACE. No more space to free-up. I have all data channeled to my SD Card as external storage. But data continues to be...
  3. Clean Install Win 7 HP with Win 10 Home

Clean Install Win 7 HP with Win 10 Home: Good afternoon, I gave my Sister a Win 7 HP SP1 [ Genuine ] Laptop a few years ago which she now doesn't use, and knowing my Sister, there will be a LOT of junk on there. I am getting it back at some stage over the next couple of weeks and I would ideally like to just Clean...
  4. Clean installing Windows 10 professional on HP Pavilion g6 notebook

Clean installing Windows 10 professional on HP Pavilion g6 notebook: Dear Community Members, I have a HP Pavilion g6 notebook running windows 7 64 bit at home . I plan on doing a clean install on to the Windows 10 professional software version. I have checked the Windows 10 hardware/computer specification as listed by Microsoft:...
  5. HP Notebook installation pending?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Notebook installation pending?: Hello, I bought a new laptop and wanted to make updates directly. He has downloaded them all but now there is installation pending and nothing is going on? What should I do? Do I just have to wait? [ATTACH] HP Notebook Installation ausstehend?
  6. CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10

CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10: Attn: Greg Carmack Greg: I am studying your tutorial on doing a CLEAN INSTALL to try to familiarize my self with the process. Your instructions are quite simple to understand but I am getting confused on the link to the article about File History. This is what I understand...
  7. clean install win 10

clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  8. Xbox1 & Computer hiccup, lag, "space out" and jitter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox1 & Computer hiccup, lag, "space out" and jitter: Windows 10 x 64 I am admin. Only 2 users. Myself/kid 8gig Ram i5 4460 chip 3.4 ghz (I think that is ok) Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti (3 - 5 months old) Brand New 2 TB Western Digital (3 days ago). Windows 10 of course was freshly installed. Ping 20 MS (Seems High? is it?) Download...
  9. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  10. Installing win 10 on hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc

Installing win 10 on hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc: Dear all , I want to ask you about the correct way to choose the HDD on my notebook to install win 10 on it , as you see in the pic [img] I am now using win 10 installed on HDD1 , but I have a very slow startup , may I re-install the windows on HDD2 makes it...