Windows 10: Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

Discus and support Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Clean install from flash drive. I'm just following instructions... All okay up until "...delete each Drive/Partition..." EXCEPT the "Unallocated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesFoell, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

Clean install from flash drive. I'm just following instructions... All okay up until "...delete each Drive/Partition..." EXCEPT the "Unallocated Space".

I do not see the term Unallocated Space. I have 5 partitions 1-5. 1(ESP/System) says don't delete as it's an EFI partition and not NTFS. 2, 4 & 5 are for MSR MS reserved partitions. 3 OS/Primary is apparently okay to delete.

Instructions say I should be able to delete all and have just the one Drive 0/Unallocated space.

Help!

:)

CharlesFoell, Aug 12, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

No. I have such setup since Windows XP and it works great. 50GB chuck of drive is reserved for system partition and data partition is the remaining disk size. When installing new OS, I just delete the first partition, recreate new one and install OS. System is installed clean each time and all the existing data remains where it was, on the secondary data partition. This way you can change systems in matter of hours without any fiddling with your stored data.

RejZoR, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

If I do a clean install of Windows 10, will it mess up the partitions I have on my 2TB drive?

MxPhenom 216, Aug 12, 2019
  4. JodieLThi Win User

Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

I've tried this and it still doesn't delete the partitions.

JodieLThi, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

1. Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions - Similar Threads - Clean install delete

2. clean install win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  3. What are these partitions for and which can be safely deleted (clean install)

What are these partitions for and which can be safely deleted (clean install): I'm planning on doing a clean install of Windows 10 from ISO on a USB. Looking at the partitions I have now, I'm not sure exactly what all these are for and which I should/could keep/delete. [ATTACH] I know what (C:) obviously is, and Disk 1 is an external drive, so...
  4. Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10

Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10: I have a top spec HP Envy DV6 i7 laptop which had Windows 7 on it then upgraded to windows 8 then Windows 10. I have noticed that recently the machine has become really sluggish and Cortana is not working not matter what I try. I have decided to clean install Windows 10...
  5. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  6. Install clean Win 10

Install clean Win 10: Hello I used the media creation tool which I had burned to dvd to install win 10 after uupgradingfrom 8.1. I paid strict attention to any place like adv or apply to delete the partitions but found none. I did tell it to bring "nothing" forward in the process. The pc works...
  7. Delete or format partition during clean install windows

Delete or format partition during clean install windows: Hey guys i just join this forum and today i've plan to clean install my PC well i kinda noob with this one and i like to ask some question. Once you get to the Custom (Advanced) tab of Windows 10 clean install there are options to delete the partition, format, etc. Which one...
  8. Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10: Hi, Sorry if this is a duplicate thread. I looked around but couldn't find a thread with the same problem or a solution. Anyways, I have been trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Acer Switch 10 2-in-1 because my Windows 8.1 fails to boot and it doesn't let me...
  9. Clean install Win 10

Clean install Win 10: Initial state of machine - Machine Lenovo AIO, win10 home 64bit UEFI Created DVD and USB via media creation tool 64bit win 10 home and booted into both media they load as far as getting all files then reboots. System created 4 partions Disc map on 2TB disc. Partion size...
  10. Clean install with WIMBoot & delete recovery partition

Clean install with WIMBoot & delete recovery partition: I bought a 2nd hand Lenovo Idea pad 100s netbook. It has 32gb eMMC storage. It has WIMBoot. It came with Win10 but has the old owners profile so I want to reinstall a clean copy of windows 10 from usb that I downloaded from Microsoft. 2 questions: 1. Can I delete the...