Windows 10: Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

Discus and support Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Clean install from flash drive. I'm just following instructions... All okay up until "...delete each Drive/Partition..." EXCEPT the "Unallocated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesFoell, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

Clean install from flash drive. I'm just following instructions... All okay up until "...delete each Drive/Partition..." EXCEPT the "Unallocated Space".

I do not see the term Unallocated Space. I have 5 partitions 1-5. 1(ESP/System) says don't delete as it's an EFI partition and not NTFS. 2, 4 & 5 are for MSR MS reserved partitions. 3 OS/Primary is apparently okay to delete.

Instructions say I should be able to delete all and have just the one Drive 0/Unallocated space.

Help!

:)

CharlesFoell, Aug 12, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

No. I have such setup since Windows XP and it works great. 50GB chuck of drive is reserved for system partition and data partition is the remaining disk size. When installing new OS, I just delete the first partition, recreate new one and install OS. System is installed clean each time and all the existing data remains where it was, on the secondary data partition. This way you can change systems in matter of hours without any fiddling with your stored data.

RejZoR, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

If I do a clean install of Windows 10, will it mess up the partitions I have on my 2TB drive?

MxPhenom 216, Aug 12, 2019
  4. JodieLThi Win User

Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

I've tried this and it still doesn't delete the partitions.

JodieLThi, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

1. Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions - Similar Threads - Clean install delete

2. Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?: I am intending to do a clean install of win 10 on an acer nitro but I am unsure as to which partitions to wipe and which one i should install the operating systemThe following partitions are listed Which partition is safe to install it on and can all the others be...
  3. Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?: I am intending to do a clean install of win 10 on an acer nitro but I am unsure as to which partitions to wipe and which one i should install the operating systemThe following partitions are listed Which partition is safe to install it on and can all the others be...
  4. Clean install win 10. Which partition to install ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  6. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  7. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

8. clean install after deleting partitions

clean install after deleting partitions: I have deleted the partitions, and have the unallocated space partition, clicked on next, but it won't progress. There's an hourglass that just sits there. Nothing happening....
  9. Can't delete all partitions for Win 10 clean install

Can't delete all partitions for Win 10 clean install: Hi, When click "custom" during Win 10 clean install via usb drive Window media creation tool download, I still end up with the main c drive that I can't delete, because it's greyed out, as well as the recovery partition that came with my laptop (that I also can not delete...
  10. Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10: Hi, Sorry if this is a duplicate thread. I looked around but couldn't find a thread with the same problem or a solution. Anyways, I have been trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Acer Switch 10 2-in-1 because my Windows 8.1 fails to boot and it doesn't let me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean install windows 10 delete partitions