Windows 10: Win 10 Clean reinstall

Discus and support Win 10 Clean reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was given a Dell computer running a licensed copy Win 10.. It had a software issue after an update last month, the "Blue Screen". I resolved the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GRBertolet, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Win 10 Clean reinstall

I was given a Dell computer running a licensed copy Win 10.. It had a software issue after an update last month, the "Blue Screen". I resolved the issue. The owner bought a new computer, rather than mess with it, and gave me it, provided I wipe the drive. I just have the driver install disc, no Win 10 install disc. I did download a Win 10 install program on USB, and have written down the license number. What is the best procedure to accomplish this?

:)

GRBertolet, Apr 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 2, 2020
  3. atl91 Win User
    clean reinstall of windows 10 free upgrade

I had Windows 7 and had a problem with my pc randomly freezing then
    i upgraded to the free windows 10 and i still have the radom freezing
    can i do a clean reinstall of windows 10 by delete the partitions of
    my hard drive, formatting it then do a clean install of win 10, if so
    can u provide me with step by step instructions?

atl91, Apr 2, 2020
  4. kajson Win User

Win 10 Clean reinstall

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink Win 10 Clean reinstall ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Clean reinstall

1. Win 10 Clean reinstall - Similar Threads - Clean reinstall

2. Getting tons of issues after what was supposed to be a clean reinstall of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting tons of issues after what was supposed to be a clean reinstall of windows: I thought i'd reinstall windows because I was having some crashing problems with a particular game and i just made things worse. I ended up **** my drive I think and had to repair it with chkdsk commands, I thought all was good until I went to update Windows and got a BSOD...
  3. Getting tons of issues after what was supposed to be a clean reinstall of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting tons of issues after what was supposed to be a clean reinstall of windows: I thought i'd reinstall windows because I was having some crashing problems with a particular game and i just made things worse. I ended up **** my drive I think and had to repair it with chkdsk commands, I thought all was good until I went to update Windows and got a BSOD...
  4. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows: alright so a while ago I was dealing with a issue where I had the blue error loop death screen usually all I needed to do was use a restore point but, this time it wasn't working thats when I tried everything and searched on YouTube found this one video, followed the steps...
  5. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows: alright so a while ago I was dealing with a issue where I had the blue error loop death screen usually all I needed to do was use a restore point but, this time it wasn't working thats when I tried everything and searched on YouTube found this one video, followed the steps...
  6. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Looking for ideas before clean Windows 11 reinstall

Looking for ideas before clean Windows 11 reinstall: I've been experiencing BSODs at random intervals ranging from 3 in an hour to 1 every 12-24 hours for months now and have tried everything I know of short of a clean Windows 11 reinstall. Looking for other ideas on what might be the cause. To the best of my recollection,...
  8. Looking for ideas before clean Windows 11 reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for ideas before clean Windows 11 reinstall: I've been experiencing BSODs at random intervals ranging from 3 in an hour to 1 every 12-24 hours for months now and have tried everything I know of short of a clean Windows 11 reinstall. Looking for other ideas on what might be the cause. To the best of my recollection,...
  9. does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB

does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB: Im really obsessed with cleaning my system to get the maximum performance as im having poor device, so i would like to ask if reinstall windows 11 from the cloud left more remnants compare to manually reinstall windows 11 by media devices like USB....
  10. does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB: Im really obsessed with cleaning my system to get the maximum performance as im having poor device, so i would like to ask if reinstall windows 11 from the cloud left more remnants compare to manually reinstall windows 11 by media devices like USB....