Windows 10: WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD.

Discus and support WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MIRROR POST: WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD. Please SHARE YOUR CONFIGURATION. link your known list for compatible hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by giux787, Sep 8, 2015.

1. giux787 Win User

WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD.

MIRROR POST: WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD.

Please SHARE YOUR CONFIGURATION. link your known list for compatible hardware here, I will update the thread as is grows with working parts successfully updated on a working WIN 10 HOME / PRO /TP also on VM properly configured.*Party
    No need for NEW WHQL hardware here... It's the unsupported who's important... MS is causing this...

There is a lack of information all over the Internet regarding Win 10 compatibility hardware.
    I create this thread with the intention to form a user-conducted list of compatible hardware and uncompatible.
    It is yet for me to understand if Win 10 will work on old motherboard with BIOS and which's.
    And yet this involve Hardware parts on all levels.
    We know of users with Alienware with 8 beeps dead computers for a Samsung Display fail after WIN 10 upgrade.
    I have a SCSI Seagate Barracuda Cheetah 15.5k that is not even listed upon Win 10 installation on which my current WIN 7 PRO 64 bit runs. Users with burnt HD cause of auto-update.
    Geforce Drivers are causing FPS drops and DPC latecy all over the places, causing also WIN 7 to stut like a Sputnik implanted inside your CPU. Will this ever ends?

We have a list from ASUS:
    ASUS Motherboards - Ready For Windows 10
    But nothing is said on older motherboards. It just says - unsupported - it may works at your risk... truly helpful...
    We need this list.

We don't have a Microsoft official list that is barely reliable. Nor unofficial.
    We have a plethora of machines who are threatened for forever doom.

I tried everything to install WIN 10 on my Workstation.
    Asus says my P5KPL/1600 is not supported. Yes I knew that, thanks... but I had windows 8 64 bit on it, and no BIOS problems, nor installation. So I can say it is compatible up to win 8 PRO with no issue concerning BIOS or SCSI.
    WIth drivers OLDER than december 2014! It eventually broked in January.
    I rolled back to WIN 7 PRO as it performed faster. Before recent updates from GEFORCE and WUA. Never a problem with games and Audio/Video applications.
    Now I'm experiencing DPC spikes of 1sec! (You have read well.. it's 100k microsec...) right after Geforce Drivers installation. Those ready for WIN 10... /Audio /Video /Games completely unusable. Take off Geforce Drivers, DPC go back to normal. Use old Geforce Drivers do not solve the problem. WIN WUA changed something and there is no rollback to that.

More of it: does WIN 10 require a UEFI motherboard and GPT Hd in order to properly work?
    Does anyone has experience of working systems with WIN 10 on older motherboard with LGA 755 socket?
    (like the EVGA nforce750i?) It is impossible to find how this outdated ( from a robot point of view - not a gamer ) mobo does react with WIN 10. Anyone with fast SCSI hdd?
    Windows list 7200rpm hd to work, not Seagate Cheetah's and such...

So. I find of real importance, to know, which kind of hardware works and which not. configuration. etc.

A LIST IS GOING TO BE DOWN THIS LINE AS SOON AS PEOPLE WILL START POSTING
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GA-F2A68HM-H - compatible

-----------------------
    Asus P5KPL/1600
    Intel Quad core 2 duo @2.66
    nvidia FERMI GTX 460
    ESI julia 64 bit / ANALOG OUT
    DDR2 1600 x 4GHz
    BIOS firmware updated up to 2009 last.
    NTFS Seagate Barracuda Cheetah SCSI 15.5k
    Running triple Boot WIN XP PRO 64 Bit- AUDIOPERFORMER / WIN 7 PRO 64bit - GAMING-VIDEO / Ubuntu 15.04 64 Bit - NETDEV.
    -------------------------

:)

giux787, Sep 8, 2015
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

hardware compatibility list

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue please answer the questions below:

• Are you currently on Windows 10?
    • Were you able to upgrade to the Windows 10?
    • What do you mean when you say 'already blew away hard drive so I'll to reinstall win7 from dvd'?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article below and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12435/windows-10-upgrade-faq

Please get back to us with the above information so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Sep 8, 2015
  3. hardware compatibility list

Howdy folks

I upgraded to win10 from win7 and later found out my toshiba satellite a660 series is not supported, after dealing with problems is it better to go back to win7? any tips? already blew away hard drive so I'll to reinstall win7 from dvd.

thanks for past help

Mugsy

Mugsy Locuss, Sep 8, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

For what it's worth.. It's not MS's job to come up with any list of parts that are compatible with WIn10. Never has been and it never will be. It's up to each part vendor to do that and keep the parts current with drivers/BIOS and not MS.

My 2c

Jeff Aka Citizen Z!!

BunnyJ, Sep 8, 2015
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Sep 8, 2015
  6. giux787 Win User
    Yay. It is us that need to do it. we need to start filing user's error codes - which MS do not logs in datail to undercover the issue whether is a driver or hardware or whatever issue. The error code alone means nothing that way it is implemented for ours purposes.
    For extrapolate the true requisite for the WIN 10 to work. It is just unbearing not to know if your PC is going to burn in flames while you are asleep with full WUA privileges.
    It's been one month now of constant failure, before understand I might need a new motherboard. Which I can't recall to be any on the market available for LGA 775 socket. I contected both ASUS, EVGA, MSI, to get a response. Waiting. In the meantime. I would like to share my experience and possibly raise people concerns about what is happening and how to get back on road with all four wheels.

giux787, Sep 8, 2015
  7. giux787 Win User
    Header updated.

giux787, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD. - Similar Threads - compatibility list unlisted

2. installed win 10 over win 8.1 and does not have compatability for win 10 listed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installed win 10 over win 8.1 and does not have compatability for win 10 listed?: Installed win 10 over win 8.1 and does not have compatibility for win 10 listed when I go to set compatibility for a Program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-win-10-over-win-81-and-does-not-have/10d4aecd-3c59-4f34-96f1-3c45a20329b1
  3. installed win 10 over win 8.1 and does not have compatability for win 10 listed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installed win 10 over win 8.1 and does not have compatability for win 10 listed?: Installed win 10 over win 8.1 and does not have compatibility for win 10 listed when I go to set compatibility for a Program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-win-10-over-win-81-and-does-not-have/10d4aecd-3c59-4f34-96f1-3c45a20329b1
  4. installed win 10 over win 8.1 and does not have compatability for win 10 listed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. win 10 backwards compatibility search/list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 backwards compatibility search/list: Hello, I have both an Xbox 360 and Xbox one and there is a search function on this site where you can see which 360 games are backwards compatible with xbox one I have a PC I updated to Win 10 and some games I've repurchased through steam, but I'm wondering if there is a list...
  6. win 10 backwards compatibility search/list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 backwards compatibility search/list: Hello, I have both an Xbox 360 and Xbox one and there is a search function on this site where you can see which 360 games are backwards compatible with xbox one I have a PC I updated to Win 10 and some games I've repurchased through steam, but I'm wondering if there is a list...
  7. How to add unlisted program to priority list in notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add unlisted program to priority list in notification: Hi, as the title said, i wanted to add a program to priority for notification. but the program is not listed on the priority option and i didn't find an option to add one....
  8. Recent drivers' compatibility with relatively old hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent drivers' compatibility with relatively old hardware: Hi , I am in possession of an acer Travelmate P253-E which has a few connectivity issue. Internet cuts in and out all the time , and it only happens within my LAN. My first guess was that my drivers are not up to date, so I tried to update , but I couldn't install the latest...
  9. Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list: I have an old but well looked after HP LaserJet 4050TN. It has produced around half a million pages, had a new fuser, an upgraded JetDirect and still works well. It's networked via cable straight off the router. It's primarily used with my desktop PC of which only the case...
  10. Win 10 Workable on old hardware?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Workable on old hardware?: I own a Toshiba NB100-10Y (netbook ) with following hardware: CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270@1.60GHz RAM: 798MHz 2GB RAM Is this: 1. enough to clean install Window 10 Home Edition 32-bit and 2. will it be workable? thanks for any anser, gabriël 43393