Windows 10: win 10 computer keeps shutting down when screen turns off

Discus and support win 10 computer keeps shutting down when screen turns off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Why does my computer keep turning itself off when I leave it for 20 minutes. Screen is supposed to turn off without shutting down computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by La Senora, May 6, 2020.

1. La Senora Win User

win 10 computer keeps shutting down when screen turns off

Why does my computer keep turning itself off when I leave it for 20 minutes. Screen is supposed to turn off without shutting down computer

:)

La Senora, May 6, 2020

2. Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off

shadowthefire,

What brand/model laptop is this?

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.

Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.

Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.

Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue

Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair

Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options
    Step 6.1: Select: Restart

Allow the computer to go through the routine, and see if it solves the issue.

If the problem still exists, go back to Step 1 through Step 6.

Step 6.2: This time, click: Advanced Options

Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot

Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options

Step 9: Last, select: Startup Repair (Used for problems that keep Windows 10 from loading)

Please provide an update.

cottonball, May 6, 2020
  3. win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, May 6, 2020
  4. win 10 computer keeps shutting down when screen turns off

Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2020
Thema:

win 10 computer keeps shutting down when screen turns off

1. win 10 computer keeps shutting down when screen turns off - Similar Threads - computer keeps shutting

2. Computer keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting down: Hi, My computer keeps shutting down every few days while I am working. This has never happened before. Is there any way to stop this from re-occuring and losing documents I am working on. Thanks...
  3. Win 10 shuts down when Idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 shuts down when Idle: Win 10 Home shuts down when Idle I see people have been having this same issue for years without any successful solution. I too have tried all the tips & tricks without success. This issue is fairly new for my PC. Never had this happen until a few months ago. It is very...
  4. Computer keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting down.: I've had this computer for about a year and a half, it has random shutdowns and I've been unable to identify the source of the problem: Operating System: Windows 10 Pro-64-bit Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z390-P Memory: 32 GB [8 GB...
  5. Computer turning off after shut down

Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  6. Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's...

Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's...: Does anyone know how to solve a problem I keep having on my laptop - every time I press sleep, it shuts down (meaning I lose everything I had open) and every time I leave it on for more than 10 minutes without use, it shuts down also - since I can't press the sleep button as...
  7. Turn off power strip after computer shut down

Turn off power strip after computer shut down: Hi, I posted earlier. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 with Windows 10. When I turn off the computer (hit windows logo, hit the power button, hit shut down) after the computer screen is off (screen black) the power light stays on and the small light indicating internal hard...
  8. Turn off notification at Windows 10 Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off notification at Windows 10 Shut Down: As a new user of Win10, I have hit the shutdown button, walked away and come back to find the annoying 'are you sure' notification still active as is the PC. How do I turn off such notifications as in the common 'don't ask me this again' box? 115797
  9. How to turn off USB when the system is shut down?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to turn off USB when the system is shut down?: Hello, I hope I am posting In the right place. The LED on my mouse remain on when my PC is shutdown, it lights up the whole room at night. I’ve been told to disable it in the Bios but I struggled to find where How can I disable the USB ports in the Bios? The motherboard...
  10. Computer does not turn off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does not turn off after shutting down: Dell Optiplex 780, had Windows 7 64-bit, upgraded to Windows 10 via the free upgrade. Now every time I tell Windows 10 to shut down, it does the shut down sequence but the computer itself remains on. The power light is on and the computer itself is running. The Only way to...