Windows 10: Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer

Discus and support Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two desktop computers on a wired home network -- one running Win 10 (update 1903) and the other running Win 7. I have been able to share files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jpbmass_100, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer

I have two desktop computers on a wired home network -- one running Win 10 (update 1903) and the other running Win 7. I have been able to share files between the two computers until about a week ago when the Win 10 computer started getting getting the message "Windows cannot access \\XYZ --- the network path was not found". When I attempt to ping the Win 7 computer, the attempt times out . The Windows 7 firewall is turned off (for both public and private networks), Network Discovery is turned on, File Sharing is turned on and password protected sharing is turned off. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this capability suddenly stopped working and what I can do about it??

BTW, the Win 7 computer can still access shared files on the Win 10 computer.

:)

jpbmass_100, Sep 1, 2019

2. File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Win 10 not accessing shares on the network

I have a problem that Win 10 Is not accessing any share on the network. Shared folders, File server drives are also not accessible. just error 0x80070035. I have tried almost every thing on the internet but unable to solve the problem.....please any suggestions
    are highly appreciated.

I have win 7 system and I can access all the shares from win 7 even I can access win 10 share on win 7. But win 7 share is not accessible on win 10, actually no share is accessible on win 10. I have started the services DHCP client, FDPHost, FDResPub, SSDP
    Discovery,UpNp host, TCP/IP NetBIOS, computer browser etc and many more.

AdnanJahangir1, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer

Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

Just added a new Win 10 Pro desktop to the network. It needs to access a Win 7 desktop shared folder.

I get the error message

Windows cannot access \\NAComp1-PC

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a network problem.

0x80070035

The network path was not found.

On the Win 10 computer, I can type in \\NAComp1 (the name of the Win 7 computer) and it doesn't appear. I can ping the IP address.

On the Win 10 computer, I cannot access via \\10.1.10.200 either. (same error message as above)

Services - changed both of these to auto and started manually

* Function Discovery Provider Host

* Function Discovery Resource Publication

I can see a test share from the Win 7 computer to the Win 10 computer.

Suggestions are so welcomed.

Darryl

Darryl_ACE, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer

1. Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer - Similar Threads - computer unable access

2. Hiding Files On A Shared Computer, Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hiding Files On A Shared Computer, Win 10: I have my own user name and changed my password but keep getting homework files either deleted or formated different,..Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-files-on-a-shared-computer-win-10/d0fbac4d-d4d0-4291-bcfd-ea95276fa594
  3. connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer

connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer: Hello, I am trying to transfer files from my windows 7 computer to my windows 10 computer. I do not know why this is so difficult. I need to transfer the files before I upgrade to windows 10 on the win 7 computer, I am exhausted with all of the settings, this should be...
  4. Win 10 computer cannot access Win 7 computer

Win 10 computer cannot access Win 7 computer: This was working for a while, but no longer is (as typical). I did have to reinstall the OS on the Win 10 computer, nothing changed on the Win 7 computer. The Win 7 computer shows up on the network, but if I click on it says "unable to access". Discovery in the options is...
  5. Set up file sharing home network with win 10 and win 7 computers

Set up file sharing home network with win 10 and win 7 computers: I just upgraded my main computer to 1803 and now most of my network won't connect to each other. I have two computers on Win 10 ver 1803 and two son Win7 sp2. I can't get them to connect. they did for a while and then stopped. I have spent two days reading and checking and...
  6. Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access: Just added a new Win 10 Pro desktop to the network. It needs to access a Win 7 desktop shared folder. I get the error message Windows cannot access \\NAComp1-PC Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a network problem. 0x80070035 The network path...
  7. 3 Win 10 computer will not share files

3 Win 10 computer will not share files: I have a desktop wired to router. Have a laptop and netbook (11 in) connected WI-fi. The only way I can share files is through file Explorer some times. The laptop most of the time can access the desktop.The desktop some times can access the laptop. The Netbook will not...
  8. Share Win 10 Home Hard Drive with Win 7 Pro Computer

Share Win 10 Home Hard Drive with Win 7 Pro Computer: Due to a power surge I recently had to upgrade my wife's Win 7 machine. She had been running an old LGA1156 mobo and when it was impractical to replace the mobo I figured why not just get her an 8th gen I3? I soon figured out that those 8th gen processors don't play nicely...
  9. Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers

Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers: Computer 1: Windows 10 Desktop Computer 2: Windows 10 Laptop On both machines, I have: Turn on network discovery. Turn on file and printer sharing. (same for Guest/Public) Allow Windows manage homegroup connections. Turn on sharing so anyone with network access...
  10. Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing

Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing: I have one Windows 7 computer on my network that shares a license to the other windows 10 computers. I have been over everything ensuring that share options on both ends are correct. Most of the time all the computers can connect and use the license after the Win 10 PC gets...