Windows 10: Win 10 copying via Network shows "no smoking" icon

Discus and support Win 10 copying via Network shows "no smoking" icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is when dragging to the Folder Name in the LH pane. But if I drag to the RH side (where all the contents are) or the address bar above both of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, Oct 17, 2019.

1. James1093 Win User

Win 10 copying via Network shows "no smoking" icon

This is when dragging to the Folder Name in the LH pane. But if I drag to the RH side (where all the contents are) or the address bar above both of these it is ok.
    Normally I'd drop the folder onto the LH folder... otherwise on the RH side, it would likely move into a subfolder.

:)

James1093, Oct 17, 2019
  2. hogsrest Win User

smoking factory icon ???

Hi my Lumia 800 has got wet and now all it shows is an icon that looks like a factory with steam or smoke rising from it. could you please tell me what this means - what I need to do next ???

hogsrest, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Oct 17, 2019
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 copying via Network shows "no smoking" icon - Similar Threads - copying via Network

2. Win 10 via Win11 via Win 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 via Win11 via Win 365: How do I do this --"Eager to convince customers to commit to the endless rent-economy of the cloud, Microsoft says those with Windows 10 PCs can use Windows 11 via Windows 365 – Redmond's cloud-based service that streams Windows 11 to connected devices." Is there a charge for...
  3. Win 10 via Win11 via Win 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 via Win11 via Win 365: How do I do this --"Eager to convince customers to commit to the endless rent-economy of the cloud, Microsoft says those with Windows 10 PCs can use Windows 11 via Windows 365 – Redmond's cloud-based service that streams Windows 11 to connected devices." Is there a charge for...
  4. cellular network icon not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cellular network icon not showing: Whenever i insert my sim or click the connection button nothing happens plus i cant even see the cellular network btn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-network-icon-not-showing/99aa9436-12b9-46a4-90b5-f80f50efcb25
  5. cellular network icon not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cellular network icon not showing: Whenever i insert my sim or click the connection button nothing happens plus i cant even see the cellular network btn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cellular-network-icon-not-showing/99aa9436-12b9-46a4-90b5-f80f50efcb25
  6. Network icon not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network icon not showing up: Hello, recently laptop's Network icon suddenly disappeared when the electricity got cut out all of the sudden and I can't seem to make it appear again, I tried multiple methods on yt to fix it but it doesn't work, I'm still connected to my wifi but in my Lenovo Vantage app,...
  7. Icons not showing in search for Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons not showing in search for Win 10: Hello! Recently I factory reset my SSD to get rid of spare accounts on the computer I recently got that I had no control over, I kept everything on my HDD since it has all my games amongst other things on there. I had this problem persistently before, and could never find a...
  8. Win 10 Network does not show private networked Win 7 computer

Win 10 Network does not show private networked Win 7 computer: I had two Win 7 PC on a wired homegroup network that worked well sharing files. Upgraded one to Win 10 with a clean install and then restored data and reinstalled apps. After much messing around, the PC remaining on Win 7 can see the Win 10 PC and share the proper files and...
  9. Connected via WiFi but only ethernet network icon shows in Tray

Connected via WiFi but only ethernet network icon shows in Tray: Here's a strange one. I am connected via Wifi, everything works fine, fast, stable. But I just noticed the icon showing in my Tray area is the wired ethernet icon. (No RJ45 cable connected, no docking station). [img] Is this a bug or a feature? 74525
  10. Copy of Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy of Win 10: I want to make a zip (USB) copy of win 10 to have for emergenecy. How is the best way to do it and where can I download it from Thanks Ben 57860