Windows 10: Win 10 corrupt laptop since update

Discus and support Win 10 corrupt laptop since update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sorry to bring this subject up again as there is plenty to read on community, but non of this is unfortunally of any help to me. To me problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Per56, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Per56 Win User

Win 10 corrupt laptop since update

Sorry to bring this subject up again as there is plenty to read on community, but non of this is unfortunally of any help to me.

To me problems started last summer after win update resulting in frozen cursor. All attempts to fix this always resulted in more issues and finally a reset had to be made.

I can move cursor with num keypad but that wont do in the long run. I have made this post from another healthy and functioning PC

Before last reset i had everything running except cursor, so i figured i download my Bitdefender antivirus program again and maybe that would help.

So navigated to their home page and downloads. Right after i hit enter screen went black. Its like there is an alien inside my laptop that dont want any antivirus program to disturb this creatures wellbeing. I finally managed to reset laptop and once again everything worked fine - exept cursor.

Previously to reset i had removed USB nano transmitter to mouse so both USB ports are empty.

Well my laptop does not have the latest technology, it is an Asus E525 from 2011 that originally came with win 7, but it has been running perfect with win 10, up till now.

Obviously something is corrupt, but i dont know what it is and how to fix and at the same time avoid the 5 th reset.

My computer knowledge is average i would say.

I dont dare to run sfc, DISM or windows own repair programs, but at the same time i dont trust my laptop will remain stable.

Is there anyone that has had similar problem and found a solution?

Thanks!

:)

Per56, Dec 7, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 wont update

Have you tried the second step?

(Searching for the error message e.g.

windows update database corrupt

is also a useful approach- e.g. finds
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    - where the next step is the one I suggested above).

dalchina, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Win Bench

New Updates
    Win Bench: 2.0.6.1
    Updater: 1.0.4.0

Been sure to update the updater first...

New Updater:
    Shows A List Of Fixes For Win Bench

Checks Files, If Anything is missing or corrupt it will download it (May have a few issues still)

CrackerJack, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Win 10 corrupt laptop since update

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 corrupt laptop since update

1. Win 10 corrupt laptop since update - Similar Threads - corrupt laptop since

2. Not able to update my laptop, since the battery is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to update my laptop, since the battery is corrupted.: My laptop battery is corrupted for 3 years. And I am running my laptop in direct ac mode battery removed. i am facing a serious problem every time i try to update it shows an error"You need to restart your PC to finish installing a firmware update. Plug in your PC, make sure...
  3. Not able to update my laptop, since the battery is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to update my laptop, since the battery is corrupted.: My laptop battery is corrupted for 3 years. And I am running my laptop in direct ac mode battery removed. i am facing a serious problem every time i try to update it shows an error"You need to restart your PC to finish installing a firmware update. Plug in your PC, make sure...
  4. Not able to update my laptop, since the battery is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Zoom crashes with video since Win 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Zoom crashes with video since Win 10 update: My laptop recently applied a big windows 10 update 26th April 2021. Ever since, I cannot get zoom to work with video. When I go into the video settings, the camera "HP Wide Vision HD" is selected, but the preview window is black. If I click on the advanced settings button,...
  6. Win 10 corrupted.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 corrupted.: I tried to reset my PC back to it’s factory settings, but midway the power decided to cut out. Now, after the loading screen it just completely crashes and the BSOD shows up and that’s pretty much it. I can’t even access the WinRE menu! What should I do now? submitted by...
  7. Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive: Hi I spent hours on the phone with a pro-service rep from Dell. We tried every fix & nothing worked finally he said the hard drive is toast & they mailed me one but I was told they could not help me with the transfers. Yesterday I replaced the hard drive it came from Dell,...
  8. no sound since i updated win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no sound since i updated win 10: no sounds since I downloaded win 10 very upsetting, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-i-updated-win-10/4ff205b1-0e15-4aa0-a8c7-bf32097b389f
  9. Win 10 Update Database Corruption

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption: When I run the Windows Update Troubleshooter it says the Windows Update Database is corrupted. How can I fix this? Advice would be appreciated. 101195
  10. win 10 corrupts win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 corrupts win 7: I installed win 10 tech preview on a new hard drive installed in a 2nd bay in my HP 7-1010 pc. The original drive has win 7 on it. My intention was to have win 10 on a separate drive so win 7 would not be affected at all should something go wrong. Twice now when I try to boot...