Windows 10: WIN 10 crash while attemting to copy files on any USB device on any USB port

Discus and support WIN 10 crash while attemting to copy files on any USB device on any USB port in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, recently, WIN 10 Home crash into BSD in any attemt to edit anything on any attached USB drive. That happends in any copy, delete or move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peter F 77, Jan 8, 2021.

1. WIN 10 crash while attemting to copy files on any USB device on any USB port

Hi all,

recently, WIN 10 Home crash into BSD in any attemt to edit anything on any attached USB drive. That happends in any copy, delete or move actvity, which shall write anything on USB device. No matter if it is external HDD or memory stick. It always crash into BSD. That happend on any USB plug and any connected device.

I am still able to connect anything to notebook USB ports and read from them, copy from them with no issue.

In one plug is BT reciever for mouse and keybord, that works with no issue.

Simply it crash only while trying to write anything on external device.

Stop Code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION WIN 10 crash while attemting to copy files on any USB device on any USB port a41a8da9-5b92-4bf1-abae-f71e0937df2d?upload=true.jpg

Notebook SONY VAIO VPCEB2Z1E, Core i5, Intel® HM55 Express, 4GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5650.

: It still serves well as stationary home computer :

:)

Peter F 77, Jan 8, 2021
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

WIN 10 crash while attemting to copy files on any USB device on any USB port [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

WIN 10 crash while attemting to copy files on any USB device on any USB port [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 8, 2021
  3. foxslink Win User
    USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) Overview | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

WIN 10 crash while attemting to copy files on any USB device on any USB port

USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

WIN 10 crash while attemting to copy files on any USB device on any USB port

1. WIN 10 crash while attemting to copy files on any USB device on any USB port - Similar Threads - crash while attemting

2. No mouse works with any USB port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No mouse works with any USB port.: Any mouse will not work in any USB port, I've tried a logitech mouse, general unbranded mouse,a PS/2 mouse and even using the ps4 controller analog stick as a mouse and nothing works. I know the usb ports are not the issue as the keyboard works fine in the same ports. No...
  3. No mouse works with any USB port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mouse works with any USB port.: Any mouse will not work in any USB port, I've tried a logitech mouse, general unbranded mouse,a PS/2 mouse and even using the ps4 controller analog stick as a mouse and nothing works. I know the usb ports are not the issue as the keyboard works fine in the same ports. No...
  4. USB ports not working in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports not working in Win 10.: Hello there!Here's the little story, what happened. After one of windows 10's updates, all my settings have been changed and I had to set them up once again. For example.. before that ,when I was opening Team Speak 3, but my condenser microphone was turned off. After turning...
  5. USB ports not working in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports not working in Win 10.: Hello there!Here's the little story, what happened. After one of windows 10's updates, all my settings have been changed and I had to set them up once again. For example.. before that ,when I was opening Team Speak 3, but my condenser microphone was turned off. After turning...
  6. Windows 10 Pro USB stick bought on Amazon wont fit in USB ports on any device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro USB stick bought on Amazon wont fit in USB ports on any device: Windows 10 Pro on USB stick bought on Amazon wont fit in USB ports on any device. Thoughts anyone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-usb-stick-bought-on-amazon-wont-fit/8e363f1d-582c-4a9b-9de6-4a650fc21cbb
  7. USB ports are not detecting any devices. tried updating the drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports are not detecting any devices. tried updating the drivers.: [ATTACH] The driver says its updated but it fails to detect any device. Could this be a hardware issue? When I plug in phones it charges but the system fails to detect the phone....
  8. Windows 10 no longer recognizing any USB ports on boot

Windows 10 no longer recognizing any USB ports on boot: I seached thru some of the questions and answers and didn't find a good answer to this perplexing problem. I have an Acer all-in-one that has worked quite well for 3 years. I keep Windows up to date as well as the other s/w on the computer. All of sudden this week when i...
  9. Not recognising any USB devices

Not recognising any USB devices: Suddenly, from one day to the next, my W10 stopped to recognise any externally connected devices. I've tried using my USB hub, I've tried plugging 4 different usb->micro USB cables(to get the faulty cable out of the equation) to the front of my PC as to the back where the...
  10. USB Stick not working on any device

USB Stick not working on any device: Hi there, I have a Kingston USB 3.0 stick of 16 GB. It's fairly new. It was working fine since i got it but now is just stopped working and I was wondering if there is any way I could save it. When I insert it into a PC it makes the usual "device connected" sound but...