Windows 10: Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works

Discus and support Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I'm trying to get an HP Pavillion laptop with Win 10 to start properly. What happens is that I reach the login screen, it accepts the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dgjohansson, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to get an HP Pavillion laptop with Win 10 to start properly. What happens is that I reach the login screen, it accepts the login and says "Welcome", but after 10 min of trying to actually reach the desktop, it crashes and a fault message shows saying that "Windows couldn't start properly".

I've entered troubleshooting and worked through all options without any success.

* Startup repair --> PC crashes (message as above) and reboots.

* System recovery --> PC counts up towards 60% recovery before crashing and rebooting. Did this with the option of keeping my files chosen.

* Starting in safe mode (both with and without network access) --> PC crashes and reboots

* Starting rollback to earlier version --> PC says "not possible", and sends me back to troubleshooting menu.

* Starting with command prompt --> PC crashes and reboots.

I haven't tried a full system recovery yet since I would like to try everything before that in order to save some files on the PC that I haven't backed up yet.

No clue to what has happened. PC was running veeeery slow before this and it also had a full battery discharge recently. Battery seems fine right now. I don't know which update was done since it's set to do that automatically.

Any ideas?

/

:)

Dgjohansson, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Maria Fab Win User

app crashes but not in safe mode

Hello Mahmoud,

When an app is working in safe mode and it crashes when your PC is in normal mode, it means that there's a software conflict or problem that's causing it to crash. To better assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Have you recently installed a new app? We suggest that you uninstall the new app, and check if it helps resolve your concern.
    • Do you have any other antivirus software installed on your PC? We suggest that you turn off any antivirus software installed on your PC, and see if you were able to run the app without any issues.
    • Does it happen to a specific app only (the app mentioned above)? We suggest that you contact the software developer, or post in their forum for better assistance.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Maria Fab, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works

Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works

1. Win 10 crashes - not even safe mode works - Similar Threads - crashes safe mode

2. Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode: Hello, I have an issue with windows crashing every few minutes and it is making using my computer a nightmare. When this happens i cannot use the desktop or the task bar. ctl + alt + delete followed by opening task manager I have to click once for the screen to respond the i...
  3. Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer keeps crashing even in safe mode: Hello, I have an issue with windows crashing every few minutes and it is making using my computer a nightmare. When this happens i cannot use the desktop or the task bar. ctl + alt + delete followed by opening task manager I have to click once for the screen to respond the i...
  4. Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 crashes or freezes even in Safe Mode: Troubleshooting in Windows Safe Mode is meant to solve Windows problems by starting only the system essentialal services and processes. However, some Windows users are complaining that the Windows crashes or freezes even when they boot in Safe Mode. Windows 10 crashes or...
  5. Win 10 safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 safe mode: Hello, suddenly my laptop black screen, 1. Try to login repairing system, but keep on saying wrong PW , I reset my hotmail PW -> wrong, and unable reset login PW. 2. Try start at safe mode, but pop message The system detected an overrun of stuck-based buffer in this...
  6. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode: Hello Everyone, Hope you are all having a good day! I have been facing the BSOD issue for months! it first started while using photoshop, Laptop kept getting BSOD then stopped working Windows diagnostics showed that the RAM is Faulty. What i have done is: -Replace RAM...
  7. Not even safe mode works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not even safe mode works: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dranedagger4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl2ju6/not_even_safe_mode_works/
  8. Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10: So, yesterday I tried to update my driver for the graphic card (AMD). It asked me to reboot in Safe Mode, and I did... Now I'm stuck in the limbo of Safe Mode. The windows don't accept my password (either the one I use for the windows or my microsoft account, I use a hotmail...
  9. safe mode issue with win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    safe mode issue with win 10: start up a computer with a safe mode win and can not back to the regular desk top mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issue-with-win-10/7d49da3c-fc39-4066-bfc3-17e71da9d523
  10. Windows 10 System restore with not work even in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 System restore with not work even in Safe mode: Windows 10 System restore with not work even in Safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-system-restore-with-not-work-even-in/4dd00f2d-c54f-4152-bf55-ad00cc01278f