Windows 10: Win 10 Crashing Home Network

Discus and support Win 10 Crashing Home Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, After my partners 2 year old HP laptop had a hard drive failure, the tech guy who installed the new hard drive installed win 10 on it as opposed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cokemachine, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Win 10 Crashing Home Network

Hi,

After my partners 2 year old HP laptop had a hard drive failure, the tech guy who installed the new hard drive installed win 10 on it as opposed to the win 8.1 which was lost with the old hardware. Since then whenever she attempts to use the internet via our netgear wifi router, my connection becomes either a trickle 64kbps or nothing at all.. I have tried a few searches regarding this issue and turned off the allow this device to shut down computer in network devices, upgraded the routers firmware to fix a "win 10 issue" and checked each network device is the most current driver in systems window.

Please can anyone help with this before I do a clean windows 7 32 bit install since its the only windows os I have available to me at the moment.

Thanks.

Paul

:)

Cokemachine, Jul 20, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 20, 2018
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Jul 20, 2018
  4. m3110w Win User

Win 10 Crashing Home Network

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Crashing Home Network

1. Win 10 Crashing Home Network - Similar Threads - Crashing Home Network

2. home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices: I am currently running a home network with 3 Windows 10 computers. If I upgrade one device to Windows 11, will network access and file sharing still work across all the devices?...
  3. home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices: I am currently running a home network with 3 Windows 10 computers. If I upgrade one device to Windows 11, will network access and file sharing still work across all the devices?...
  4. home network win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home network win 10: Prior questions here have led to no answer. 2 computers on the same wifi network need to access each other. Computer that i need to access shows up on File Explorer - Network. But attempts to access give this: [ATTACH] I have tried all of my passwords, looked for something...
  5. Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network

Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network: I have tried to do this but get asked for name and password, I've tried using both on both machines but always says wrong. Every time I search it points to turning password off in Network and Sharing Centre but this is not an option on either machine. Any ideas please?...
  6. Win 10 viewing Win 10 pc's on Home Network Solved

Win 10 viewing Win 10 pc's on Home Network Solved: This seems to be an issue every time Microsoft comes out with an update. or you have done a fresh install or upgrade. Fortunately I do read older posts and found the solution, but it seems a lot of confusion is still prevalent in 2018. Here's a picture with my network only...
  7. Switch from private to home network, Win 10

Switch from private to home network, Win 10: I can't see my other networked PC on one of my other networked PC's, and noticed that my network is set up as "private" vs "home". How can I fix this on Win 10? Running Win 1803 version....
  8. Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity

Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity: I have two desktop computers on an Ethernet Home Network. Computer 1 is a Dell Inspiron 530 (April 2009) running Windows 7, Network: L: \\INSPIRON530A Computer 2 is a Dell XPS 8920 (July 2017) running Windows 10 (build 1803), Network: L: \\DESKTOP-Q01G00A Home Networking did...
  9. networking a win 10 home to win7 pro

networking a win 10 home to win7 pro: "You bo not have permission to access" when I try to open a floder on the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/networking-a-win-10-home-to-win7-pro/515d64ae-2e9c-48f9-b0bd-b53a264633dd
  10. Network issue on Win 10 Home version

Network issue on Win 10 Home version: We have 5 HP all in one Desktops all purchased about 8 months ago, the desktop I use is causing problems with networking, all the desktops run on the same network, my desktop is unable to see networks via the file explorer in the "This PC" Section but if I us the "quick...