Windows 10: WIn 10 Creator version number

Discus and support WIn 10 Creator version number in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is the real version number for Win 10 Creator? Is it 15063 or 1703? I know I got the Creator update because it said so after the update ran which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gerryex, Jul 20, 2017.

1. gerryex Win User

WIn 10 Creator version number

What is the real version number for Win 10 Creator? Is it 15063 or 1703? I know I got the Creator update because it said so after the update ran which took an hour. But my sister's PC I may have to force the upgrade and the Win Upgrade Assistant refers to 15063. So I'm hesitant to run the Assistant on my sister's PC.

Thanks,
    Gerry

:)

gerryex, Jul 20, 2017
  2. owarren Win User

VAIO Laptop driver issues with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Version 1709)

Hello,

A few months ago I upgraded a friend's older Sony VAIO laptop (VGN-FE880E) from Windows Vista to Windows 10 Pro. I performed a clean-install; some of the hardware drivers were not loaded during the install so I used the older Vista drivers from Sony's website.
    Everything went well and my friend was a happy camper!

Sometime last fall, my friend's computer was upgraded to the Windows 10 Fall Creators version. When this occurred, a number of her hardware drivers were no longer recognized by the OS even though they were previously recognized by the Win 10 version that
    I originally installed. I figured this out because I performed another clean-install to get rid of the Fall Creator version and the drivers were recognized and working perfectly again (Version 1511). When I upgraded to the Fall Creators version, the driver
    issues reappeared so I rolled back to the previous version. Some of the unrecognized drivers are ones that were installed by the original Win 10 version - I am confused as to why these drivers are no longer recognized by the Fall Creators version.

I suspect that the first recommended fix is to obtain and install compatible Win 10 drivers for her hardware. Unfortunately, her hardware is so old that neither Sony nor the hardware manufacturers developed Win 10 drivers for it. In some cases I can find
    Win 7 drivers but I only have the Vista driver for the others. Can someone advise me of next steps? Here are my thoughts:

• Would a clean-install of the Fall Creators version help? Is installing Fall Creators on top of Version 1511 causing a problem? I am hoping that a clean-install would allow me to install the Win 7/Vista drivers after Fall Creators installs just like I
      was able to do when I initially installed Version 1511.
    • Is there a way to stop the Fall Creators version from being installed on the laptop? Version 1511 would be just fine for my friend. I saw a setting where I could delay future updates but I would like to stop it from ever being upgraded so it does not
      cause the driver issues again.
    • Any other suggestions to try?

Thanks!

owarren, Jul 20, 2017
  3. RanDembo Win User
    Wake up from screen saver is only by ctrl-alt-del

It change with the new win 10 creators version.

Several win major changes were ok (from 8, 8.1, 10 versions).

Its original kbd&mouse (HP machine)

RanDembo, Jul 20, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Since Windows NT first began, each new revision has been given a build number. This build number has been used consistently through all versions of Windows since, getting larger with each new version. Many builds don't get as far as a public release, being internal development builds within Microsoft. The public release of Windows XP started at build 2600.

The first public release of Windows 10 was build 10240. Cumulative updates don't change the major build number, but do increment the minor build number (the number after the 'dot'). The latest update for the original version is build 10240.17488.

Features updates are a new version of Windows 10 and have a new build number. The version name (1511, 1607 or 1703) is the year and month the build was finalized in the format YYMM. There is also a name for each version, so we have three ways to identify what version of windows you have, the name, the version and the build number. You can use them interchangeably.

Fall Update, version 1511, os build 10586
    Anniversary Update, version 1607, os build 14393
    Creators Update, version 1703, os build 15063

Newer build numbers are being released to Windows Insiders for testing, currently its up to build 16241
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241 PC + 15230 Mobile

One of these builds will get fixed as the next public release, to be called the Fall Creators Update and (probably) version 1709.

5. gerryex Win User
    Hi Bree,

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation! I figured it was how you explained but wasn't sure. However, MS doesn't even follow their own guidelines. When I go to System Info and look at the version, it says:

Version 10.0 15063 Build 15063

So I'm sure its the Creators Update but it really should say version 1703, build 15063.

Thanks again,
    Gerry

gerryex, Jul 20, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    It does say that if you use WinKey+R and run Winver - and if you look in Settings > System > About.

7. Superfly Win User
    Seems msinfo32 has build under version... could be confusing for some - maybe they should put "Autumn Update" in there next?

Superfly, Jul 20, 2017
  8. gerryex Win User

Yes, it does.

Yes it could!

Thanks all!
    Gerry

gerryex, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. WIn 10 Creator version number - Similar Threads - Creator version number

2. Serial number win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Serial number win 10: So basically my serial number it is not working at all why that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number-win-10/0489926b-62e5-4240-9bab-0b60bb43db18
  3. view windows 10 version number?

in Windows 10 Customization
    view windows 10 version number?: How do I find wIndows 10 version number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-windows-10-version-number/6e10260e-1a08-4d45-80d2-111163023eb9
  4. version of win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    version of win 10: sir/madam tell me the latest version of windows 10 and all its information, means build no. and whatever https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/version-of-win-10/b6e6d40d-fc6d-4686-baa6-0f77a7a72b6f
  5. Win 10 Creators Update Not Happening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Creators Update Not Happening: My wife and I both have Dell Inspiron 5558 laptops, identically configured. When the Creators Update was scheduled to be released, I set both of them to metered connection to hold off on the update while I waited to see if there were going to be any major issues reported....
  6. Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?: Which version do I suppose to get? Right now it's like this: [img] Is it already the good version? Or do I have to wait a day longer (impatient me haha!) And how do I know it's updating to the last version. Oops, so many questions at once, sorry you guys! *Redface...
  7. Win 10 Creators update and Slow Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Creators update and Slow Wifi: Hello everyone, Upon much Google'ing... there seems to be an issue after updating to the creators update and wifi connections. Let it be known that I was not intentionally tyring to update to Win 10 Creators update. I merely wanted to install the a regular version of Win 10...
  8. Creators Update: number of processes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creators Update: number of processes: Hi. I've upgraded my Win10Home to Creators Update and I noticed that the number of running processes is almost doubled. What's happening? *Sad 81106
  9. Win 10 after creators update installed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 after creators update installed: After creators update installed I have gotten pages Windows services running. My machine is running at about 50% CPU. At idle it's usually around 15 to 2%. I've never seen so many services running at 1 time sine Win NT!! See Screen captures 1 & 2 90542
  10. what is the new version number of win 10 do I need ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is the new version number of win 10 do I need ??: says .. You are up to date .. yet I have the not seen what I believe is the new creator version being available for me.. my current version is 1607 OS build 14393.1066 is this right? 81952