Windows 10: Win 10 Creators update and Slow Wifi

Discus and support Win 10 Creators update and Slow Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Upon much Google'ing... there seems to be an issue after updating to the creators update and wifi connections. Let it be known that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChadBonk, Aug 3, 2017.

1. ChadBonk Win User

Win 10 Creators update and Slow Wifi

Hello everyone,
    Upon much Google'ing... there seems to be an issue after updating to the creators update and wifi connections. Let it be known that I was not intentionally tyring to update to Win 10 Creators update. I merely wanted to install the a regular version of Win 10 on a new HD that I got. Unfortuneately... here I am. Everything seems to work except the internet connection is vary flaky. I narrowed it down to not being the router. I did a Speedtest on my phone connected to just the wifi and was pulling in 100.mbs. The desktop is only pulling in 40. I know it's not a distance issue since it was working fine this morning before the install. I've tried a host of CMD prompt's and including resetting the network adapters, uninstalling the adapters, and reinstalling the adapters. I'm open to try anything at this point even if I tried it before. So let me have it lol!

:)

ChadBonk, Aug 3, 2017
  2. E for Excel, Aug 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Creators Update... slow internet.

Not only wifi is slow, all became slow !!!

I roll back to 1607 version !!!

Creator updated is a stupid game !!

MauroMiotello, Aug 3, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Samuria, Aug 3, 2017
  5. JSheridan Win User
    I had a WiFi slowdown problem when the 'Creator's Update' was first downloaded to my main computer but it seems to have been fixed with a later update.

JSheridan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Creators update and Slow Wifi - Similar Threads - Creators update Slow

2. Resizing occurs with Win 10+ & Win 10 Fall Creator Previeweditions updates!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing occurs with Win 10+ & Win 10 Fall Creator Previeweditions updates!: Resizing occurs with Win 10+ & Win 10 Fall Creator Preview Editions updates! Why does MS (?) keep re-installing features that I've previously changed in settings!! And, How to change seems to have moved!! I can NOT find in local HELP anymore!!!! I do understand that some...
  3. Win 10 Creators Update Not Happening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Creators Update Not Happening: My wife and I both have Dell Inspiron 5558 laptops, identically configured. When the Creators Update was scheduled to be released, I set both of them to metered connection to hold off on the update while I waited to see if there were going to be any major issues reported....
  4. Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi issue after upgrading to windows 10 Creators Update.: Hello everyone. I'm facing a problem that I've tried to solve by google searches and I have not got it so far. The problem is in my wifi connection. Sometimes I turn on my laptop and I'm already connected, sometimes I see the name of my home network but it tells me that it...
  5. Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.: I recently bought a new laptop, Acer E5-575G with good specs. It has an Intel i5 7200U, 4GB of RAM, 2GB Nvidia 940MX and 1TB hard drive. It came with DOS pre-installed so I had to install Windows 10 myself. All was fine until updating to the Fall Creators Update. Booting time...
  6. Windows 10| Startup Times Slow Since Creators Update

Windows 10| Startup Times Slow Since Creators Update: As the title says, my startup times have been horrible ever since getting the creators update. It takes about two minutes to reach the lock screen, and after logging in, it takes another five minutes for the computer to actually let me open programs. Before the creators...
  7. Win 10 after creators update installed

Win 10 after creators update installed: After creators update installed I have gotten pages Windows services running. My machine is running at about 50% CPU. At idle it's usually around 15 to 2%. I've never seen so many services running at 1 time sine Win NT!! See Screen captures 1 & 2 90542
  8. Windows 10 slow after manually updating to Creators Update

Windows 10 slow after manually updating to Creators Update: Hello, I have noticed some serious slowdowns on my computer since I updated to creators update. Before the update, my PC was flying lighting fast. I often kept it on power saving mode and it still did not show any sings of slowing down. I always keep my laptop up to date...
  9. windows creators update slow startup

in Windows 10 Support
    windows creators update slow startup: I updated my Dell Precision 7710 to Windows Creators Update. It was done through windows update. Startup is very slow. It probably takes two minutes or more from when the spinning dots show up before it gets to the windows screen to type in my password. Before it was much...
  10. WIn 10 Creator version number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIn 10 Creator version number: What is the real version number for Win 10 Creator? Is it 15063 or 1703? I know I got the Creator update because it said so after the update ran which took an hour. But my sister's PC I may have to force the upgrade and the Win Upgrade Assistant refers to 15063. So I'm...