Windows 10: Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode

Discus and support Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have an issue that keeps happening once a week; It is the "Critical Battery Trigger Met" Event ID 524. This issue affects the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JulienBH, Mar 8, 2021.

1. JulienBH Win User

Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode

Hello everyone,

I have an issue that keeps happening once a week; It is the "Critical Battery Trigger Met" Event ID 524. This issue affects the laptop, causing it to enter sleep mode suddenly, even while I’m working on it.

What I tried to do:

I found and used the below command to "Do nothing" On battery level:

powercfg -setdcvalueindex SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_BATTERY BATACTIONCRIT 0

and for the plugged-in, I set it to do nothing.

Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode 712ee9c8-bd3c-496f-9a52-8cb4a45a71ea?upload=true.png

Kindly note that I bought this battery one month ago for Lenovo Legion Y520, and the battery charging and draining are very healthy. The issue occurs in both cases: when it’s connected to a power source or when it’s disconnected >70% battery remaining.

Please find below screenshots about the event issues details:

Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode 67718a75-8fa6-4d24-898d-10946d5b051f?upload=true.png

Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode 368728f3-91ff-4d17-8a36-7905f666d8d7?upload=true.png
    Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode e12eda0a-b232-4063-9b5f-bb74c9d21733?upload=true.png

Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode a0fed008-b072-4042-aaeb-f971790394a6?upload=true.png

Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode 9e0b3806-db3e-4d50-bed3-b9f9009c9a00?upload=true.png

The issue is really strange. Could you please advise if this is a hardware issue relating to the battery or a software issue?

If you could provide any steps to help me identify the problem I would highly appreciate it.

Thank you for your help!

:)

JulienBH, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Graviton Win User

How to stop computer from entering sleep under "Critical Battery Trigger Met" misidentification?

I'm using a Lenovo Laptop, Windows 10.

Recently I think the battery cell is not fully functioning, and system occasionally triggers the Event 524, Critical Battery Trigger Met and subsequently, the Event 42,The system is entering sleep., even though the laptop is connected to the power source AND the battery is more than 95% charged.

Obviously, the system is misreporting the battery condition, and hence resulted in the above trigger, and then subsequently, the sleep event. This is very annoying because it disrupts the rhythm of my work.

How to stop the system from entering the sleep mode if the Event 524, Critical Battery Trigger Met is (mis)reported, and despite (potential) battery fault?

Some asked: how do you know that this is a misreporting, and not because the battery is really dying? My answer:

1. It's simple. Right before the machine goes to sleep, the battery is still more than 95% charged.
    2. Does that really matter if the battery is dying? I am connecting the laptop to a power supply. So even if the battery dies the laptop should still have power supply, right?

Graviton, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Blaine Win User
    Laptop does not hibernate on low battery in sleep mode

I'm running windows 10. In windows 7 on the same laptop, if the battery level reached critical in sleep mode, it would wake up and hibernate itself. Now in windows 10, if it runs out of battery in sleep mode, when I wake it up, it does a clean boot.

My critical battery level is 5% and critical battery action is hibernate. This works properly when the computer is awake.

Update:
    Interesting! Looking at the system event log on reboot shows a few relevant events during startup:

1) The previous system shutdown at 4:26:23 PM on ‎10/‎2/‎2017 was unexpected.

1) Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000221.

2) The system watchdog timer was triggered.
    3) The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

4) The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error is caused because the system stopped responding and the hardware watchdog triggered a system reset.

Blaine, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode

sleep mode in windows 10

Hi,

The challenge that you are having with the sleep mode on Windows 10 may be caused by misconfigured power settings on your computer. We suggest to check this thread:

Win 10 reboots after sleep mode
    . Look for MVP Mike Hall... always replied. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode

1. Win 10 - Critical Battery Trigger causing sleep mode - Similar Threads - Critical Battery Trigger

2. My Dell G15 Battery keeps draining while on sleep mode "Warning! Battery is Critically low"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell G15 Battery keeps draining while on sleep mode "Warning! Battery is Critically low"...: Hi Microsoft society, I have this Dell G15 laptop for almost less that 2 years now, and this problem started to appear like 4 - 6 months now, where i get this : "Warning! Battery is Critically low" every time i open the lid of the laptop I always leave my Laptop in sleeping...
  3. My Dell G15 Battery keeps draining while on sleep mode "Warning! Battery is Critically low"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell G15 Battery keeps draining while on sleep mode "Warning! Battery is Critically low"...: Hi Microsoft society, I have this Dell G15 laptop for almost less that 2 years now, and this problem started to appear like 4 - 6 months now, where i get this : "Warning! Battery is Critically low" every time i open the lid of the laptop I always leave my Laptop in sleeping...
  4. Battery drainage while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drainage while on sleep mode.: My laptop's battery drains fast in sleep mode though its a newly bought laptop that has a good battery health. After putting the laptop into the sleep mode correctly the battery drains about 10% per hour. I tried almost all the techniques which were in google by disabling the...
  5. Hibernate mode only trigger sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate mode only trigger sleep mode: ***moved on english forum***Hi, Sometimes, when I try to activate the hibernation mode for my computer, it only triggers the sleep mode : when I move the mouse it switches on the screen.It happens when/after charging up.Can you help me ?Thanks for your answer,ClementPS : here...
  6. Microsoft Windows 10 will not trigger screensaver or go into sleep mode automatically

Microsoft Windows 10 will not trigger screensaver or go into sleep mode automatically: Built a new PC in September and everything is working A+ with it, however I noticed a while back that it has stopped automatically going into sleep mode after it has been idle. I've tried pretty much every guide and reddit post I can find to solve this, and nothing seems to...
  7. WIN 10 will not stay in sleep mode

WIN 10 will not stay in sleep mode: OS: WIN 10 Home. Version: 1903 The last week or two when I click sleep, pc will go to sleep then wake up right away or about a minute later. Will not stay in sleep mode....
  8. Battery only charging in sleep mode

Battery only charging in sleep mode: I have not added or changed any software, and now my laptop battery only charges in sleep mode. I have spent some time with Microsoft Support remotely checking my laptop, but they were unable to resolve it. If there possibly a fix that not all support knows about, this...
  9. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.: Hello, Since the win 10 upgrade i am facing issues with my laptop. Earlier when i used to put my Laptop sleep mode it doesn't used to wake up, so I used to power it off and restart it again, now that got fixed on itself somehow. and now new issue has come up, now my...
  10. Sleep Mode Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode Win 10: Hello, I know this issue has been addressed before, but I am still not sure about sleep mode. My question is regarding updating downloads and installing them while win 10 is in sleep mode? I have read that Win 10 will wake up if there are any installations ready. Is that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event id 524 lenovo reddit

2. critical battery wake up uses