Windows 10: Win 10 Customizing Display (size of text, apps etc) requires sign out

Discus and support Win 10 Customizing Display (size of text, apps etc) requires sign out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I change the display settings (size of text, apps and other items) it ALWAYS asks me to sign out and back in for the changes to stick.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tpotishm, Nov 1, 2015.

1. tpotishm Win User

Win 10 Customizing Display (size of text, apps etc) requires sign out

Hi,

Whenever I change the display settings (size of text, apps and other items) it ALWAYS asks me to sign out and back in for the changes to stick.

I have to do this every time after starting the laptop.

This refers to changing here: Settings > Systems > Customize your Display

Anybody else has this problem?

Thanks for the help.

:)

tpotishm, Nov 1, 2015
  2. Samuel124 Win User

Font sizes in Win 10 Pro

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to Win 10 Pro on my laptop (Display size 1366 x 768) and am having problems with the font sizing. I have used the display advanced settings to set the system scaling to 125%. At this setting the desktop and traditional desktop applications
    such as Outlook 2010, Desktop Skype, Whatsapp, etc. display at a perfect font size for me. However, the Win 10 universal apps such as Calendar, Mail, Messenger, Skype Preview, etc. display with large clumsy font sizes. e.g. in Calendar the font size is so
    large that I am unable to display enough lines of the calendar to make it useful (typically can only see 6 hours of the day). If I change the system scaling to 100% the universal apps such as Calendar display at a much more convenient font size, but then the
    fonts in everything else such as the desktop, start menu, and traditional desktop applications become far too tiny to read comfortably.

I have tried playing with Display settings, customizing font sizes for individual things such as menu bars, etc. but this doesn't seem to achieve what I am looking for. Does anyone know if there is a any way to change the settings of these universal apps
    independently of desktop settings so that both the desktop/traditional desktop apps, and the new Win 10 Universal Apps can be displayed at a consistently similar font size throughout?

Thanks !

Samuel124, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Font too small and re-sized Game Boards

Hello Lauren,

I understand that the font size is small in Microsoft Mahjong and Sudoku apps in Windows. We will help you.

• Are you facing this issue specific to these apps or all the apps?
    • Are you facing the same issue while browsing on internet and working in any documents also?
    If you want to resize the texts and font size in Windows you may follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Check resizing the text and icons by dragging the scale of resize options.

• Press Windows + I keys, Select System.
    • Select Display. Select Advance Display setting.
    • Select Advance sizing to texts and other items.
    • Under Change size of other items, Select Set a custom scaling level (not recommended).
    • Set it to 100% and drag the Scale level to set the required size
      between 100% to 125%.
    • Select Apply. Sign out and sign in to the account and check.
    Keep us posted if the font size and icons issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 Customizing Display (size of text, apps etc) requires sign out

1. Win 10 Customizing Display (size of text, apps etc) requires sign out - Similar Threads - Customizing Display size

2. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  3. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  4. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size: Hey There,I am using paint 3D,and I use it to make a simple, transparent logo, containing a word.Therefore I use the text editor.But, to my unfortune, I cannot select any custom colours or font size for the word.Is there anyone who can tell me, if there is a way to do...
  6. Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size: Hey There,I am using paint 3D,and I use it to make a simple, transparent logo, containing a word.Therefore I use the text editor.But, to my unfortune, I cannot select any custom colours or font size for the word.Is there anyone who can tell me, if there is a way to do...
  7. Icon Text size Win 10

Icon Text size Win 10: How can I increase the size of ICON text on desktop screen. Control and mouse wheel increase icon but not text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-text-size-win-10/6f381cc2-e5e2-4889-b763-5543c16dafb3
  8. Customize font sizes for menu bars, ribbons, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize font sizes for menu bars, ribbons, etc.: Since the new Windows update installed last night, all of my menu/ribbon font sizes have gotten very small. I cannot locate the place to change menu font sizes. I believe it was under display before this. I am able to change the overall display setting but all of the...
  9. Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc.

Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc.: I currently use a macro to change the size of text, apps, and other items from 150% to 100% and back to 150%. When at 100% I can run Sysinternals' "BGinfo.exe" - Background Info - to update the info on the desktop's background. BGinfo.exe works at 100% only. So my...
  10. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...